Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2024 World Championships

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

I always felt nervous for Allen, always felt he had a miss in him where as Higgins just felt more assured in the balls to me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

He’ll be fine. You can’t be down on yourself after that clearance.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Amazing match.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Bingham through, finished brilliantly especially with how Jack was playing, O'Sullivan hasn't been great so far, he has a good shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

That was absolutely amazing from Higgins there. One of the best clearances to win a match I've ever seen. He was outperformed by Allen in every area of the game in that match (according to the stats) and still won. He's some battler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Lisowski outscored Bingham and lost 13-11

I can’t believe what I just saw. I wrote him off forever 10 minutes ago and he showed absolute class and grit to win it.

I love snooker. Love it!

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

What's that saying - the old dog for the hard road. No more suitable player to apply that to than John Higgins. The guy is absolute granite. One of the greats!

Mark's a good lad, dissappointing for him, he thought this could be his year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,350 ✭✭✭Augme

What an evening. Fingers crossed the rest of the tournament keeps at this level. What a clearance from Higgins, one of the greatest I've ever seen. That final red was incredible. Mark Allen must be sick though, he really should not have lost.

• Advertisement

The big happy head on Higgins is great.

they/them/theirs

Higgins won't be playing back to back Wednesday afternoon and evening. So he won't be bitching about that again this year.

O'Sullivan v Bingham has that back to back draw ahead of the semi final. Which is not handing a favour to O'Sullivan. Stuart won't mind.

Question for the statos, is Mark Allen the man who’s won the most ranking events without ever winning the worlds?

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 13,336 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Up to Bingham to at worst be still 'in it' come the 2nd part of the back to back and let Ronnie be complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

Wilson and Trump looking most solid of the field of what I've seen.

Actually Ding has the most ranking wins (14) without a World title

• Registered Users Posts: 16,506 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

That's gonna sting for Allen. Didn't see the action tonight unfortunately. This afternoon's session was a dead rubber and by all accounts I missed a good session this evening. I think Allen put a big effort in for this year and it wasn't a bad draw for him, that only got better as seeds fell away.

And I know Higgins earlier in the tournament had talked about possibly retiring. But even if he'd lost today and his top 16 ranking, I don't think he'd have retired. There's players in there that know they're onto a good thing, as the standard is dreadful. Unless the game sees a massive improvement, you'll have to pry their cold dead hands of the old guard from their cues.

there’s a certain irony here that it was the Chinese lads being banned that really kept Higgins in the top 16.

I don’t get this idea that the standard is dreadful. People have been complaining all season that the pockets are playing too easy, they clearly taken that onboard. So now the pockets are so tight it’s causing lot of misses people are complaining the standard is poor.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 45,313 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

That Higgins-Allen match last night was superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,610 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Trump has a game on here. 3-1 down to Jones whos playing fearlessly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 JessicaAaron

Aww nice…

Surprising start to the matches today

• Registered Users Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

he's certainly entering into the "best to never win the WC" debate, which is an unwanted place to be. He still has a chance of being end of season no. 1 but he needs Trump to go out by the semis and Ronnie to not win the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,610 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Gilbert running through Maguire here. 7-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Virgo is such a useless commentator, I've never watched any match where he's added to the enjoyment of the frame. Hendry sounds like he doesn't have much time for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,377 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

He looked gone in that game so many times. Higgins really went to the well. All you can say is fair play to him. But having to that at his age basically knackers him. I would be amazed if he gets to final, nevermind win it. When I think back to those Finals he got to in a row and lost he looked mentally "gone".

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Meanwhile on the Bingham v O'Sullivan match. Ronnie has himself rattled. Missing a black off the spot. Ronnie under hitting another black. Refusing shots he would normally go for.

Bingham 2-0.

2-1 Bingham basically because he went for a 147. Would have been 3-0 otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭murtyd17

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Pockets playing nice and tight this year, which is good.

Advertisement