Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2024 World Championships

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,380 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Bingham throwing this away 3-3 v O'Sullivan. No way should it be level.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Ronnie here for the taking. Getting out at 5-3 would be a great result for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,860 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Bingham playing for 4 snookers is madness

Putting extra effort in now when is over v when he was coasting and was careless seems silly alright.

He might be trying to wind Ronnie up? But I doubt it. Does not seem in his nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,974 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’m not up on the absolute finer rules of the discipline end of things but about 5 minutes ago, Ronnie smacks his cue off the side of the table… quite aggressively, No intervention from Desi …

Not saying Stuart would be likely be intimidated or unnerved but a more inexperienced player it’s possible…so should there not be a standard, would Jan Verhass keep his mouth shut and let Ronnie be Ronnie giving the table an occasional belt. ?

• Advertisement

Michaela Tabb certainly would not have let that go either.

Maguire is a player who always gets a warning or two for hitting the table in the past. I think the refs are more worried about bad language or lewd gestures these days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭waynescales1

I think Kurt Maflin raised the threshold for a warning when he gave the middle finger to the cue ball a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Robert Jackson

Really hope O'sullivan doesn't win the Eighth come on Bingham knock him out then lose to Judd in the semi finals

• Registered Users Posts: 16,534 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Frustrating that Bingham is only level with Ronald. He really should be ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

John Virgo commentating with Dennis which is unusual to have them together.

I'd wonder if the long sessions day after day can get tiring for these lads now.

John is 78 now, Dennis 75. So, I'd imagine John will continue doing it only for a year or two more at this stage, or at least scale back.

I'll miss them anyway whenever they finish, they've been a fixture on the BBC for 40 years.

For comparison, Ted Lowe retired younger than the age John is now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Feels like a very low number of centuries so far (excluding qualifier rounds), 36 by my count.

Jak Jones dragging Trump into a bit of a quagmire, as he did in the first two rounds.

Maguire and Gilbert are on the mid session and Jones v Trump isn't out of the second frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

Trump trying everything to escape the turgidness of Jones’s matchplay.
    The long format seems to suit his game.
    Trump is probably too clever to get dragged into tactical battles but time will tell. He might get frustrated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Hadn't seen Gilbert up 'til now…looking seriously solid - too good for Maguire.

Maguire making the score more respectable now. Even if he shares the last 2 he is not totally out of it at 10-6

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Gilbert is as fragile as Maguire is volatile. Anything could happen

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭iffandonlyif

In the last few days I’ve seen Robert Milkins fling his cue on the carpet and walk away, O’Sullivan whack his cue against the table, and Maguire punch the table. Surely I’m not alone in finding that behaviour deeply unpleasant?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

Trump in big trouble here

• Advertisement

No excuses for missing a yellow like that

If Jak Jones does make a best of 33 semi it will be a tough watch, and could go on a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Good luck getting at the yellow now

• Registered Users Posts: 16,534 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Bingham or Ronald won't be one bit worried about facing Jak Jones, they'd only be too delighted instead of Trump. Trump needs to up his game quickly.

Coverage as usual on BBC is garbage. Politics programme interrupts for 2 hours, it's the same every year. Their "live" reporting page didn't post anything today until 11:45am, and there's been less than a handful of posts.

And this is a disingenuous post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Got to say i love iplayer, have pc hooked up to TV, both screens, i tend to set the little one to 20 seconds behind so when they oooh and ahhhh i can watch it after, great value for money

Trump collapsed. Dull as he is, Jones' has a solid temperament.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Two players tipped to win this year but I thought nah, Selby and Trump. Despite Trumps success this season like Selby he plays quite poorly (by his standards) at times.

Then again I would have put Williams and Allen more likely win it this year but they're out too.

Hard to believe neither of the above are in the semis but Bingham and Mcguire could possibly be. Who could predict that. I don't care for either of them so I hope they both loose their quarters.

Jak played some great stuff btw, unlike what I saw in his previous match against Si. Good for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

If Ronnie can pull his socks up he wont get an easier chance to win the 8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭AllForIt

OMG Rob Walkers interview with Judd was utterly cringe. He has a habit of asking wtf questions I've noticed.

The first thing he said to him was "Judd, this place is crazy sometimes isn't it?" Judd glared back at him as if to say wtf am I supposed to say to that you twat.

Advertisement