Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Kathleen Sat 6th April 2024.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,295 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Grand start to the day in Portmarnock. Not even a breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Lots of trees down and power outages being reported in Cork, Kerry

https://twitter.com/CorkSafetyAlert

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Roches Point also reporting mean windspeed of 85 km/h in 0800 reports (which is technically Red warning level).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

It's quare windy now in east Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 27 goingmadted

When is the worst supposed to hit around Clare/Galway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Cody montana

well the greenhouse survived till 10 minutes ago.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

The morning flights to Heathrow from Shannon and Cork, have been cancelled. Aer Lingus.

Cork Airport to Manchester, Luton, still looks like on schedule and Shannon Airport to Stansted, on schedule. Both Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,714 ✭✭✭✭zell12

09:00

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

So have to take the kids out now to the weekend bash of sports for the next few hours, swings in garden are rocking with nobody on them and fairly gusty, not sure how this is going to turn out for the kids trying to play in it…North Dublin, is this it or only the start of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Nah, it’s one of those mobile upright one.

Meant to be wind proof. Maybe not for Ireland.

Flowerpot stands toppled over though.

Look broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Pretty rough here in west Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭yagan

Garden gate was going to blow off the hinges but thankfully had a few handy bags of stones nearby that are keeping it propped up now. Garden bench down the garden blew over, we will rebuild.

Doesn't feel as violent as Eunice, but certainly lasting a lot longer.

Cork Harbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Sunny and windy Meath.

Power outages in Galway (family update)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

At 0900, Sherkin gusting 111 km/h and Roches Point 106 km/h.

Mean wind speed at Roches Point 80 km/h.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Starting to pick up here in Waterford city. The airport has a gust of 48kts / 88.8kp/h

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Wheelie bin over...is it time to raid the shops for Milk and Brennans Bread yet?

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

power flicking on and off on the west cork coast just now, wouldn’t be surprised if it cuts out soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭JVince

There's always one poster that posts an utterly stupid nonsensical comment on a storm thread.

Hopefully that will be the only one.

South Kildare seeing sporadic wild gusts with branches breaking off trees.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

here in cork city I can hear an alarm going off somewhere which can mean power outage but I still have power here. There’s a tree down by dunnes in Ballyvolane according to cork safety alerts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Sherkin Island gusting 60 knots (111 km/h) strong enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭bilbot79

I found it a relevant comment. I was surprised my here in Portmarnock when I woke up and it was sunny and just a wee shake on the trees.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,295 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

That's quite the rude response to a simple observation. Out at kids GAA now. Breeze has picked up a little but nothing cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Supposed to fly out from Cork Airport at 2.00 pm, hopefully the worst of it will have passed by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Seadin

Very windy in north Cork at 7am. It blew the plastic sewer covers off the paths and shook the house a few times. A few small trees down so far. I expect more to fall as land is saturated.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭kingshankly

and there’s always one who say “ worst I have ever seen “ 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Thepillowman

Wind picking up nicely here in East Clare in last 20 minutes, reports of trees down in South East of the county

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭I.am.Putins.raging.bile.duct

Im in east Galway it's windy but dryish. I rented a small digger to clear topsoil and lay a driveway for the weekend and it has no windows. Gonna need the wet gear haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Screenshot from Alan carlowweather. Esb powercheck outages show the track of storm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

power out here in cork for the last hour with an eta of 6pm gaa and soccer cancelled today which is probably for the best it sounds wild out there

The internet isn’t for everyone

Advertisement