Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Forecast is way off for today giving sunny spells and temperatures around 20C. Currently it's murky grey and 13C, will be lucky to see 15C unless that cloud burns off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭pauldry

Ya way colder today. 12c on the coast and going to beach today. Brrrr. Some sunny breaks coming through. Might get up to 14c. Rain still at 15.3mm after 18 days so not bad at all. Will likely increase a bit in the last week as models have low developing to the South now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Hooter23

If we are only 1 month away from the longest day of the year and the sun cant burn away abit of cloud then there is no hope…its as cold as winter when cloudy…it looks very strange on satellite…you would think it would burn off during the hottest part of the day not at the end of the day….the land of eternal winter…though I think this year we might have a very different summer

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Some blue patches starting to break through in Galway city, still very overcast though. Hopefully burns off soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Jaysus that's a fair bit of rain alright. I think you have been unlucky - perhaps a few heavy thunderstorms hit your specific area.

For example, the Met.ie weather station at Gurteen (Tipp) is showing 31mm of rain and I imagine a lot of that fell on that very wet Monday (13th).

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Sunny spells at last here in Meath and 17C but with the sun only making an appearance now I doubt we will get anywhere near the promised 20C.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Skies cleared this afternoon, currently 20C, lovely out.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭esposito

Lovely in Dublin now (finally)

Tomorrow is the day I’m really looking forward to. Prolonged sunshine expected.

18C now in Meath and plenty of warm sunshine. Hopefully the sun will be shining alot earlier tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭giveitholly

4mm last night in one shower,11mm Thursday evening from thunder showers,14 mm on Tuesday from constant showers all day and 8mm on Sunday night/Monday morning. That is just this week alone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Stunning evening again in Dublin

Blue skies in Spiddal. Clearing the clouds from NW. Warm too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭pureza

Still 19c in Arklow,lovely out

Sun's been out since lunchtime

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Looking interesting for tomorrow's storm potential in the south midlands and south but I wouldn't be surprised if Clare , Limerick and Kerry where added the Cape looks over 1,400 in spots 1cm hail and a few funnels can't be ruled out , perhaps even an odd orange warning thrown into the mix very frustrating weather to pin point as these will be hit and miss

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭acequion

Strong cloud cover stayed all day in Tralee, right up until dark. One of the reasons why I'm not a fan of these never ending late spring days. Very depressing looking out at that gloom and temps not great either. Give me earlier dark over that any day. Yesterday and today have been like that in Tralee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

It turned into a beautiful evening in Dublin after a chilly gloomy day. Let's hope the forecast sun arrives tomorrow though, and the forecast rain next week isn't as prolonged as predicted.

I do struggle with these very late daylight hours, though, as it seriously affects my sleep. I'm really starting to feel that now over the past fortnight or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭highdef

I'd advise putting blackout curtains in your bedroom so that you can sleep in darkness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭appledrop

Yep turned out stunning in Dublin in the end.A beautiful evening spent outdoors enjoying it with friends!

After a foggy start,at long last the sun emerges

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭4Ad

Beautiful morning in East Clare, up since 6.00am…

• Advertisement

Lovely morning in Galway. I hope everyone has a lovely Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭appledrop

Looking good here in NCD😎 only 19th May and the weather so far for the month has been outstanding here in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭esposito

Already had my sea swim. Says a lot about the fine weather at the moment.

I was in last night. It's still Baltic but great too.

A Beautiful sunny Sunday here in Meath, the 3th sunny and relatively warm weekend in a row. It does appear we may be entering a more unsettled period for the end of May and possibly start of June so will make the most of the fine sunny weather. Hopefully the next unsettled period of weather will be short lived.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

If only it was that simple! The issue isn't the level of darkness in my bedroom, but the need for a gradual reduction in brightness (dusk) to trigger my sleep. And also to a lesser extent the increased general noise levels as people are out and about much later in the evenings.

Absolutely gorgeous day in Dublin. Let's hope it holds.

This is looking due west in Arklow

With a strong 20kmh east sea breeze behind me

More convection inland

"Entering a more unsettled period" Unfortunately we haven't left the unsettled weather around here😂. Now we have had some nice days in fairness but they have been very few. We have had a very wet week here so that's the type of news I don't want to hear....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭pauldry

A variation in temperatures in Sligo Roscommon as we decide where to spend day. Kids want to go to Rosses Pt but it's only 13c there. Here at house it's 16c and in Lough Key Forest Park it's 21c.

Advertisement