Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭giveitholly

You are lucky Cluedo,Monday and Tuesday were two wet days here with over 30mm of rain. Ground is very wet here and it's boiling warm at the moment so will probably get thunder showers later. While we have had some good days so far in May,I would rate it very meh around these parts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Dublin, Wicklow and Wexford is in a yellow rainfall warning ⚠️ this evening from 18:00 till 00:00

• Registered Users Posts: 8,937 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Oh trust me, Monday morning and early afternoon were very wet even though it was much needed. Apart from a few heavy showers it had been decent since. I was expecting a very wet week. It might be raining a bit at night though.

And don't forget the Aurora display.

Post edited by Cluedo Monopoly on

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Beautiful morning NE Galway.

Dead Heat by noon. Warm travels back to the east but pleasant all the same.

Thunder around 3pm Meath. Biblical showers now.

17⁰ Meath

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Another beautiful day here in Meath, although it has become more cloudy now with a few spits of rain but ground still dry.

Overall to this point in May I am much happier with this May compared to last year as it is a lot warmer overall and then we had the amazing northern lights display last Friday and a fair bit of thunder already.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

After a fine day, light rain now in Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,143 ✭✭✭pad199207

unmerciful downpour in Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭4Ad

Lovely day in East Clare until 40 mins ago..The wind picked up, then it went very dark and then the heavens opened and the thunder and lightening started, my God I thought the roof was going to come in !! Eased off now but still raining .…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭pureza

Quite a wet evening in Arklow

Overcast,grey and dark,spits of rain as well,lights on in the house. Only for it not feeling cold the morning could be mistaken for a morning in November

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭yagan

Warm but a lot of damp in the air from yesterday.

Cork harbour

• Registered Users Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭pauldry

Still only 15.3mm of rain in Sligo this month. Wev only had 0.3mm of rain this week and 20c most days. I guess this is Summer. A bit odd that it's 20c in mid May with a North wind. Surely in the 80s it would have been 12c today. Not as hot in Spain and Southern Europe as last year. ..yet.

In 2011 the highest temperature we got in Sligo in the whole year was 22.5c. Don't think that will ever happen again since May to September are capable of that now easily.

I'd be fairly confident that it will be over 20c in every month until October quite frequently this year. Not sure yet on heat waves or sun but the copious amounts of rain wev had in the past 8 months make me think we may be onto something drier.

App on phone has 15mm until end of May for Sligo so not bad at all. Also 20c on many days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭mcburns07

The cloud cover must be very very thick, unbelievably dark for mid afternoon here. Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭pauldry

Not here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭highdef

19°, calm and very close near Ardagh, Longford. There was a light shower recently and there's a thundery feel to the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Overcast here in carrick but hopefully the sun 🌞 will pop out , lovely and warm none the less with 20c , and for my location it will be 20c or 21c until Monday evening so great drying conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 8,937 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Ye did well to only get 0.3mm this week. One thunderstorm can make all the difference at a weather station. Ye are looking like a very dry May all up. Markree had a very dry May in 2023 too. Most stations had a dry May in 2023 to be fair.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

75mm here in tipp so far in May,has been a very wet week here and ground is saturated again and back to square one. Definitely no let up here unfortunately for the month of May

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

so dull today lights on in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Only getting bright the past couple of hours. Very weird May day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Was a dark and dreary day in South Wicklow, heavy cloud all day with frequent mist to keep everything damp. Brightened up a bit the past hour or so, tomorrow is looking dull here too but dry and Sunday looks fine so should be an overall decent weekend.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Not a great opportunity for most but maybe a few might get a shot of the Aurora tonight into Sat morning, seems to get cloudier into the small hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

I remember May 2021 being very good down Sligo way. We were down almost every weekend

Rinse and Repeat,Overcast,grey,low cloud after a heavy shower over night,everything dripping wet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Where is the HP we were promised 12 degrees and breezy in Galway feels bloody cold

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Dull/overcast in Greystones. Confirmation day in our house and have the tables/umbrellas set up in the back garden. Living in hope!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I was expecting today to be much better, dull, damp and not feeling all that mild.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Looks likely to brighten up across the country as the day goes on, the evening looks decent for the SE from 3 or 4 onwards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Yikes that's a cool one today. Haven't felt that in a while.

Dull

13⁰ Meath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭appledrop

Yep it's a bit chilly after a walk to to he shop but yesterday wasn't great in moring but cloud burned off, so hopefully today will be the same.

IIt's still dry though and not cold for May, we have just been so spoiled this month with the nice weather!

Advertisement