Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Robwindstorm

First thunderstorm kicking off here in Meath. It's building big and coming straight at me as I grab the last sunrays while sitting out on my decking which is covered. Maybe I'll try to ride it out

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭King of Spades

What a wonderful weekend in Meath. Once in a generation vivid northern lights on Friday night, sunshine and warmth for the past couple of days and now a thunderstorm has arrived to finish it off nicely. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭highdef

Photos and/or videos please…..if it's any good

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Showers have missed here, some dramatic cloudscapes all the same. What a weekend for watching the skies, loved it!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Still dry in Lucan. Feels very "heavy" though. Overcast and warm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,801 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Big downpour in Naas now.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

today feels the warmest of the warm spell, lots of sunshine here in Meath today and very humid indeed. Rolling thunder all afternoon in the distance and avoided all the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭appledrop

We had beautiful weather this morning in Malahide Castle, had just bought the ice creams this afternoon and the heavens opened😃

We were able to shelter and then showers on and off till got back to car. Heavy showers here now at home in NCD and thunder is here. No lighting yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,540 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Some lovely warm sunny days, a G5 aurora and a thunderstorm. Fantastic few days as a weather enthusiast and sun lover. A breath of fresh air after this mostly terrible spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Today was warmer again than yesterday due to almost no breeze

Not a drop of rain

Glorious

Midlands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,143 ✭✭✭pad199207

A very warm and humid day followed by heavy downpours and thunder in N Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭Kutebride

A pretty sunset albeit short and sweet earlier tonight after all the biblical rain this afternoon.

15⁰ Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭4Ad

No rain in East Clare today..it threatened at midday…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Last few hours here in carrigalline, co. Cork .. absolute constant torrential rain. Aweful

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Amazed that the West is not included in the Yellow warning its lashing in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

came home Saturday after a week away working. Glorious weather to arrive back to such a change from my usual airport experience. Yesterday was lovely and warm dull but no rain. Normal service resumed this morning! Is that the end of the good weather after 3 days or is there something else on the horizon?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,937 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Two lovely weekends in a row and 12 days of very very little rain. But that aurora display on Friday was exceptional. We were so lucky that the night sky was completely clear.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Next weekend is looking fairly decent at the moment so hopefully that will work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Mapaputsi

Looks like good growing weather for my lawn and garden this week in Galway but I'm sure the farmers will be tearing their hair out if land starts to get waterlogged again.

The weekend was perfect. Warm with a breeze on Saturday and cooler yesterday but dry and bright.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Rugbyf565

Back to the typical spring blow out today, dying to get off to Greece

• Advertisement

Farmers actually needed a bit of rain. 12 days of no rain in May leads to the ground "caking" which is not ideal for grass growth. Today's soft rain will do nicely. We will see rapid growth this week.

Evaporation is high this time of year so the land can handle heavy rainfall as long as there are dry periods in between. The water levels in lakes and rivers are at low levels now so runoff/drainage is not an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Maytober is back baby !

Raining since 830am

12⁰ Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭pureza

raining in Arklow since 5am

Fog and moderate drizzle now

19.4mm total

Miserable day here !

Its actually breezy in the fog which you dont often see

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Ditto in Greyestones….Mist/fog and drizzle. 16.0mm so far.

Incredible rain shower in west Galway. Some amount of rain in 5 mins. Thunder sounding in the distance.

Some of the cloud formations are very angry/intense looking.

Absolute miserable here in carrigaline co. Cork. Dark grey and tipping it down. Looks like its settled in for the day too according to met dot ie site. Baaaahh ..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,143 ✭✭✭pad199207

Grand morning in N Kildare with plenty of sunshine

After all day rain yesterday, it finally cleared at 6pm.

Off it goes again, wasnt expecting that on whatever forecast I was looking at. R a i n i n g.

11° Meath

• Advertisement

Advertisement