Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭pad199207

A mixture of cloud and sunny spells in N Kildare 13c

• Registered Users Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Normal service has resumed,overcast and cloudy this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Nice walk to school in shorts and t-shirt this morning in NCD. Sun still warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭wazzzledazzle

Moderate Rain, very muggy now, 16c, little to no wind. N Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 9,003 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Warm and dry in Galway. I feel that if we get some rain soon, there will be an explosion in growth. My newly planted trees and shrubs could do with rain.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Lovely morning Meath. Sunny.

For how long I wonder.

14° Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 6,829 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

24 mm of rain since 10:30 N Tipp

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Another lovely day here in Meath wasn't expecting this, 18C and mostly sunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭giveitholly

We seem to avoided the biggest of the rain so far here in south tipp thank god. Only spitting rain all mornimg

Heavens have opened in Kildare and seems to be very stationary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Yes, radar has it floating above us, hope some thunder and flashes develop in it !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Another beautiful day here with a slightly cooling breeze, still its 18.7C here now and mostly sunny, feels like summer has started properly. Great to see so many people decked out in shorts the last week or so.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭adocholiday

We dodged a massive bullet today (so far) in South Wicklow. At one point there was torrential rain to the North, West and South of me but it's been lovely and sunny here all day aside from a few distant rumbles. Hopefully doesn't shift our direction at some stage!

Driving around north Galway this afternoon. Very heavy thunderstorms. Dangerous driving conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Banarol

Another dry day here in Mid Tipp, a cloudy day has given way to pleasant sunny evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

North east, thought we’d have rain by now. It’s been a beautiful day.. delighted as we got all the grass cut in the last hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭appledrop

I was in West Wicklow today for the mother of all thunder and lighting storms.

It was absolutely unbelievable, haven't seen the likes of it in years. Lasted about an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭compsys

Another dry day in south county Dublin at least.

It never even really looked like it was going to rain. The temperature got up to 18º and it felt a bit warmer in the sun. A perfect late spring day for Ireland really.

There hasn't been much appreciable rainfall in Dublin in about a week. I think some places in north county Dublin got a few thunderstorms a few days ago. But they didn't hit the south of the county.

Obviously places further West haven't been as lucky as the capital over the past few days. But days like these really underline why there's often so much disagreement on the forum about whether a summer was 'good' or 'bad' etc. As there really can be a very big difference between East and West at times.

The weather for the capital during these 'sneaky' good days that we manage to cling onto is often better than what we get when the 'good weather' actually arrives as we can often be plagued by a cool sea breeze or sea mist and low cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Baseball72

I was up in Cabinteely village this morning, it was like being in a Mediterranean country, sunny, and warm, with people sitting on benches relaxing and having coffee/tea. Truly blessed to have a day like today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭esposito

Yeah Dublin was never really in the firing line for thunderstorms today. The past few days have been really really good here. Definitely summer like weather. Hopefully a good summer to come for all of the country after that shambolic one last year.

Thunderstorms seem to be more prevalent these last couple of years. I wonder will we get a repeat of June 2023. Might be better if they’re spread out over the summer this year as a result of persistent high temperatures 🤞

• Advertisement

To be fair, apart from today and last Monday it has been very nice weather in Galway since May 1st. Very little rainfall apart from those 2 days. I think May 2024 could break heat records just like June 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

It turned a very different day than forecast here on Dublin/Kildare border. Supposed to have showers since morning, but nothing at all until just a light shower around 9.30pm. A lovely day overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭compsys

That's good to hear. Galway can really bear the brunt of the cloudy and rainy weather in Ireland at times. Delighted it's been a nice month for you.

Yes - temps are currently around 3º above the LTA in some places. It'll dip over the coming week but everywhere will end up with temps way above average for the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Kutebride

No rain Meath. Beautiful day. Evening very threatening. Plenty back clouds went sailing by.

14⁰ Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Watching the deep dive on YouTube very interesting and alot of rain heading to mainland UK possibly 150mm of rainfall over higher ground during Wednesday and Thursday, they also mentioned a funnel in Derry or could have been donegal and another one in southwest England, if I'm not mistaken Ireland in the past 2 days have had 5 funnels and a waterspout in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Can anyone tell me what the weather will be for Saturday? Weather apps and forecasts are all different at the moment. Some more or less wet day, others small showers in the afternoon. We have communion so I'm trying to plan food and seating etc. Raging as the last 2 weekends were so nice.

Sorry should have said we live outside Gorey close to the wicklow border. I know its so hard to tell as it rained at our house yesterday afternoon and literally 500metres up the road it was a totally dry day.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭wazzzledazzle

Lovely autumnal morning out there. Grey as a pit. 10c N Kildare

Cloudy Morning in N Kildare 14c

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭pauldry

Saturday is promised wet currently. In fact latest runs are terrible for rest of May after being good only a week ago. Cool and Unsettled on last few after it showing dry and settled before. However not set in stone yet. Depends on what happens with the UK deluge in the next couple of days. I'd expect a cooler spell after that dry or wet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Advertisement