Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,091 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Looking at the radar I think that rain over the UK may make it to the east coast later though Met E says it won’t reach us in their forecast.

I certainly hope it does, no rain for about two weeks in my parts, the 18mm at Dublin Airport all fell at the beginning of the month so growth more or less at a standstill. The grass only cut once in May.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

We had a lot of heavy rain here late yesterday evening in Meath, surprised to hear that Dublin had none. Back to normal today, feeling on the chilly side only 13C and slate grey skies.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Robwindstorm

I escaped all the rain Gonzo, between kells and Navan, couldn't believe it. I'm up in temple Street with the little one since 6.00 am , can't really see outside but it looks dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

MTs forecast and met eireann saying partly cloudy with scattered showers Sunday but GFS and ECM showing rain all day?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,091 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

rain not coming to the east coast, shouldn’t have doubted Met E, the low over E England is drifting very slowly north keeping the rain in the Irish Sea, time to get the hose out of the shed and give it its first outing of the year!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Today the models are showing things turning very unsettled from the weekend and lasting into the 1st week of June with dartboard lows coming in one after another. Hopefully it won't be as prolonged as that but the models are looking rather grim today. The GFS 12z shows shades of July 2023 all the way out to +384 hours.

Post edited by Gonzo on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

It’s grey, cold and very windy in the north east. I’m indoors, half asleep and feel cold. It’s like a different season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Sky News

A person has died in a mudslide in North Yorkshire, police have said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Baltic 9n the sidelines in Meath. Even some contrast to lunchtime today.

14⁰

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ros4Sam24

Cold wet and windy in North Ros since Monday evening. A big middle finger to us after the last 2 weeks of sun here

• Advertisement

A very chilly evening here in Meath with heavy drizzle, normal service has definitely resumed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Cold and cloudy here in Castlebar with light rain at times. feeling very cool in a northerly wind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Real chill in the air especially after the last few days but give it time and I'm sure it will be back, meteorological summer doesn't start till June 1st, same day as hurricane season as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Saturday looks absolutely dreadful 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Chilly here today as well...hopefully the summer isn't already over....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Chilly night in Dublin. And fairly breezy. Pleased with how dry the week has been so far though, considering what was forecast. Looks like it will come next week instead now.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Hope that rain stays out in Irish Sea! Window company just arrived to take out and re-fit windows to front of my house!

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Relative chill this morning in a fresh breeze. Bright enough. 12c N Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Very cold today, a much bigger change than Met Eireann had been flagging. Still only 13C here

Baltic 😕 Strong cool breeze

13° Meath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,562 ✭✭✭kingshankly

12 degrees in the north east here that’s some nip for the last week in may 🥶

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭pauldry

Was 10c this morning. Now 11c but wind chill in it. Not that unusual as I go running 3 or 4 times a week and recall nearly all Mays or June's having periods of weather like this. Just a shock after 24.6c at start of week but thunderstorms tend to wreck our weather for weeks anyway so probably bad till mid June now.

Not even Summer yet, bound to get the odd few days where it feels chilly. Keep the faith.

I have high hopes of two decent spells with a dolly mixture of everything else in between during the summer months.

If it means first two weeks of June aren't that great and we get a fine second half of June/July then so be it.

August is always generally a write off so anything half decent is a bonus in that month

A chilly day today, many people back in their winter clothing. Tomorrow is likely to be colder than today with temperatures barely scrapping 10C and from the weekend onwards is looking unsettled and on the chilly side. This pattern is likely to persist into the first week of June with temperatures close to average or slightly below and rain at times as a north-west to south-east alignment of the jetstream looks likely. May ending and June starting on a very different note to last year.

Fingers crossed we get a big improvement in temperatures and much dryer conditions from the 2nd week of June onwards into July and August. Anything warm looks off the table until maybe the second week of June.

So sad @.Donegal. a little girl. Believe while on a school trip 😭🥺😞 RIP

Positively freezing out. 8c but feels a lot cooler than that. Nothing a coffee and a danish won't fix to warm the cockles

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Needmoretea

It's properly miserable outside! First bit of rain in over a week, and I feel like the sun has abondoned us. Maybe I'm just being dramatic :-) Looking forward to June and exam weather

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Dogs getting increasingly uncomfortable in the heat the last few weeks waiting for their grooming on Wed 22nd. Without even looking at the forecast, I said to myself that no sooner will their grooming date finally arrive and they get the first of their short Summer cuts, than the temperatures will drop like a stone and they'll end up chilly without their longer fur….Right on schedule!! LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭OldRio

Felt cool yesterday with that wind. Lit a fire last night, in the last week of May. Sigh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭OldRio

11C and rain at the moment. Leitrim

Advertisement