Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,099 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A fantastic display in the past 20 minutes here in Castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

sky is too bright to the north yet but to west of me incredible red and green streaks even with the street lights

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Lovely display here in carrick omg 😲

• Registered Users Posts: 8,794 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Northern Lights are amazing !!!

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

From carrick omg there all colours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭OldRio

Amazing views in rural Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Incredible. Never thought I'd see with my own eyes in Dublin.

I'm just so happy we seen them although they did say 2024 we'll see more than usual and strongest tonight since 2005 who knows tomorrow night may be the same

• Registered Users Posts: 10,164 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

silly question but I presume you are looking to the north to see this? I am in an elevated position overlooking Dublin City towards the north and I do t see anything like that!!
    edit

I’m in south Dublin looking north over the city and I don’t see any light show but maybe this is because of the light pollution from the city?
    To the North West I see the sliver of a moon and that’s lit up beautiful firey copper colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭alentejo

In Terenure..can't see a thing. Just realising how much light pollution we have

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Beautiful morning in Greystones for Darkness Into Light. Flotilla of boats out.

Stunning photos above. Beautiful.

A lovely morning in Leitrim after a truly astonishing night.

To gaze in awe at the colours and changing patterns of the Aurora was a special moment. A first. A truly humbling occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Sorry, I was asleep when you posted. But in case it helps tonight - I was actually looking South, and the colours were emerging from a central point and streaking out East and West, but mostly to the West. I'm in Lucan.

Honestly I never believed it possible to see the aurora with the naked eye in Dublin. I always thought it would just be seen on photos with expensive cameras, so I wouldn't even bother going to look. But I could not ignore the gasps and cheers from my neighbours last night, so I had to get out of bed at 11.15pm and go out to see. It was amazing.

Yeah it was quite spectacular. I only spotted it by chance and then got the whole family out. Could we get the same tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Another gorgeous day in Meath..not quiet the true blue skies of all day yesterday but still temps in 20's. Enjoying the weekend mostly in the garden The teenager had a football game in the midday heat.

23⁰

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Great sailing day in Greystones.

16.0c atm

• Registered Users Posts: 23,871 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Thoughts on shower distribution tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Robwindstorm

This morning at the 7.55am forecast, Mark Bowe said ' next week low pressure will dominate ' and instead of giving the usual daily update, cheekily followed up by saying ' the less said about that the better '. He must be reading boards as he is working on pronouncing the word weather (wedder). Poor Gerry must be having fits listening to him not talking up the breakdown. He must be chomping at the bit to give the forecast next week. He has his hand up, 'miss miss miss' while clicking his fingers .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Another superb morning in South Wicklow. You get used to the good weather very quickly, hopefully the thunderstorms today will remain north of me but no escaping the first half of next week is looking very wet indeed.

12th of May and some of the rainfall totals look incredible all across the country.

Valentia = 3.5mm (Average for May is 93.5mm)

Dunsany = 4mm (Average for May is 65mm)

Knock = 2mm (Average for May is 92mm)

Sherkin = 3mm (Average for May is 73.7mm)

May 2023 was also incredibly dry so I wonder if there is a pattern forming. June 2023 was dry too.

Very enjoyable past 2 weeks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Just 12.1C in light airs here near Tralee, overcast with drizzle and mist, a couple of mm in the gauge. Big temperature difference between the W and E. Hopefully some clearance as the day goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,099 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Not a bad day here in Castlebar, at the moment, feeling warm with a mix of cloud and bright spells

• Registered Users Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

22°c at City of Derry airport and 13°c at Carrickfinn (Donegal) airport. Quite the difference for that distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭acequion

Yes a horrible mucky day in Tralee, big let down after the lovely spell. I'm not going to depress myself listening to forecasts and hope that the breakdown is only temporary. As a poster above said, you really get used to nice weather. So come back soon, please.🙏

• Registered Users Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭pad199207

very warm and sticky here in N Kildare this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭pureza

Lovely day again in Arklow but quite a strong sea breeze which might auger well for some mountain convergence zone storms later?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Turning out very nice now back near Killorglin, with the sunshine feeling very pleasant at 15.5C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭esposito

Weather looks to be settling down again from midweek and getting a bit warmer again.

Advertisement