Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleet and snow overnight and morning south Ulster and Leinster

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭EMPotatohands

Still snowing in Ballyfermot d10 since 7.20 this morning. Collected my kid from school after an hour who knows when we’ll get a good snow again 😂

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Rush, North County Dublin,

Pi$$ing rain all night, pi$$ing rain all morning, pi$$ing rain now... temp was 5 doing the school run this morning. miserable miserable day.

And not a snowflake to be seen anywhere!!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

I felt like that in 2021 when NCD was covered in snow and not a flake here in Firhouse....I feel your pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Not going to bother taking any photo's myself as my brother is out on a tour of Bray with his camera (and crampons just in case). Will post some later.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Snowing heavily here in Naas. Considering collecting the kids from school early if it keeps up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭highdef

Outbuilding roof, before and after. Thankfully, most of the slates were removed a couple of months ago which is good news as they cost about ten Euro each!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 you_talking_to_me

More from Phoenix Park

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭holliehobbie

It sure is. I’m very near there as the park was within my five kilometres or whatever it was when we were in lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,326 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Temperature starting to rise and flakes getting bigger (means partial melting), nice while it lasted, hopefully will stick around until after school so we can make a snowman a good 3-5 cm on the ground here now.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Some wet snow mixed with rain briefly in Galway city. Back to rain again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Winters farewell laugh at me . At my sisters plenty of snow. Here in meath plenty of puddles.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I had to come up to Ballyboden this morning, and it’s still snowing though getting a bit thinner. Serious disruption to buses, several going past out of service. One driver stopped and said “your bus is coming, I couldn’t get up the hill!” Still waiting, though.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

6cm still pelting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭highdef

I was wrong, the first photo is actually a different section of outbuildings. The section of roof that collapsed was fully slated so that's thousands of euro of slates smashed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

Can see the snow fall off the branches in the garden. I really hate it when it’s snow to rain, would much rather snow to sun.

Next weekend we could see snow again 👀

• Registered Users Posts: 8,700 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Light snow in west Galway. Lovely to see.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Very heavy in Lucan here, close to 2-3 inches

• Registered Users Posts: 7,124 ✭✭✭pad199207

Pelting here in Blessington with fresh accumulations

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

And we've gone to rain here in D9, odd flake still about.

Brilliant little event. Best since 2018 in my part of Dublin. Maybe 5cm or so put down.

Gonna get absolutely awful out there as this melts quickly in the rain I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Could be an issue for some places for sure. Precipitation continuing all day.

In D1 the falling snow is losing its composition now but still accumulating to an extent.

Slush taking over the walked on tracks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

me looking at all your wonderful pictures....

...unfollows thread :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Don't worry the slush pictures are coming soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

To be fair it’s almost impossible to predict snow in Ireland, as I said earlier I had sticking snow at 1.8c, temp drops almost a full degree to 0.9c and it rains!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A lovely metar from Casement

1km vis in moderate Snow

EIME 011000Z 25005KT 1000 SN FEW004 OVC008 00/M00 Q0983

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭pureza

Plain Jane rain in Arklow now,after the earlier snow

Very light throughout

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Rain in D13. Drove up the road and by the time I got to Raheny it was snow and slush galore. Was heading towards DCU and the roads were just crazy, path and verges all white, people sliding around the place, and snow falling heavy. Decided to bail and turned up Malahide Road; the Tonlegee Road didn't have a spec of white anywhere. Mad how localised it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

lashing, cars stuck on the hill

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Snow sliding off the greenhouse so temp is rising... it'll go to rain soon ....wah, wah!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 donaleire

First time ive seen snow since I moved in, pity it won't last

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Got very scary for a few mins there, turned very sleety/rainy, all good now, back to snow

Advertisement