Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleet and snow overnight and morning south Ulster and Leinster

Options
  • 29-02-2024 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,450 ✭✭✭✭

Probably the surest thing for some snowfall overnight and first thing tomorrow in much of Leinster and Ulster this season so far. Some sleet and snow further west too tonight for a while. In the east a bit wet in nature starting off but the rain turning to sleet and snow quite quickly in the early hours.

I'd say maybe 2 to 4 cms at a push for some so take care if driving in the morning.

Not lasting long and will have cleared for most or returned to rain by the afternoon ( probably turning wintry for a time on the east coast tomorrow evening again) so have the cameras ready! ❄️

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

Just arrived at the house in Longford and realised I forgot to bring the bloody drone!

Any photos will be taken at ground level so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Looks very interesting on the latest European model for Leinster tomorrow morning.

Very tough forecast. Could be nothing or could be a decent fall for some.

Wicklow mountains look primed.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Robwindstorm

I'm just out feeding cattle now at the moment in meath and that's a very cold pool of air sitting over us at the moment. I can definitely see snow for me tomorrow but probably of the wet sticking in the fields type. Higher ground will be interesting, go back and get your drone now highdef! . I'm not looking forward to the land being waterlogged again though as it's a very poor relation to the BFTE.

Ah I can't be arsed going back as it's over two hours round trip.

My car is already frozen over, there was a sleety shower as darkness fell and it's frozen solid on the car now. Hopefully a sign of things to come overnight and into the morning. I've a gut feeling that there'll be a decent fall at my location in Longford.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭arctictree

Brought all the sheep in today for lambing. Don't fancy trying to pull a lamb in a snowy ditch tomorrow! Looks like here should be a good spot for it, Roundwood, 250M ASL.

• Advertisement

Almost a 100% certainty for you, look forward to seeing some photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Looks like some snow falling in Ballyvourney in Cork at present.

Most of Munster and Connaught now has varying amounts of precipitation falling, I'd imagine much of it is rain or sleet away from high ground. Still, it's a lot more precipitation than I was expecting to arrive this evening. I feel things will be very interesting overnight and into the morning in many areas, especially in the Midlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Met Eireann's hourly forecast for Rathdrum in Wicklow is showing no more than 4 or 5mm within the yellow warning timeframe. Seems to be very much at odds with the models because AROME is showing 60mm with 80mm falling to the east of us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Yes, it's mostly rain with bits of sleet mixed in

I'm surprised that there are no snow or/ice warnings for tomorrow. Either Met Eireann knows something more than us or else they'll introduce warnings at very short notice, when it's too late. Although I do think a bit of elevation will be required for any disruptive snow, even in Midland areas. It's going to be very wet snow at best, away from high ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭giveitholly

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

Could be interesting up around my way tomorrow morning !! Ticknock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Plenty of snow ❄️ at the moment across the country , sorry only found this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ros4Sam24

Still rain here in North Ros. A waiting game

That's quite a low lying area, below 50m....... Interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭cowana

Nice if we get that snow here un roundwood co wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭pauldry

1c and raining in Sligo. Another 0c rain event here while 2c in Mayo n snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭pureza

Should be with you shortly

Heavy sleet now in Arklow

2.7c

Dp 1.3c

Has to be snow higher up inland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭WolfeEire
    Clare (410ft asl)

Snow settled on car here in Clare. Snowed for about one hour. Ground was saturated after three hours of heavy sleet.

www.x.com/wolfeeire

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭pureza

Solid rise in temp here now 4c and definitely rain

• Registered Users Posts: 23,450 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

That should drop back pretty fast as the wind goes back off shore in the next hour or two.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

There was a lovely frost here earlier but now it's melted and rain on the way and feeling a good deal milder than it was a few hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

absolutely lashing it down in SCD now, evaporative cooling maybe during the night?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭geographica

Howling gusty winds and lashing heavy rain in Wexford for last hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Snowing in Sligo. Not much sticking so far, although it's pretty big fat flakes/clumps. Light enough shower. Looks to be plenty more in the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

As it stands

Surprisingly, it's snowing at my house in Longford. Big dinner plate flakes but they are readily sticking. Could be a good covering on the morning which makes sense as I forgot to bring my drone camera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

It’s shraining near trim! Doesn’t know what it wants to do!

Advertisement