Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Michael never showed up again in Online, they'd Trevor and Franklin showing up again. Can see Franklin opening a new office in Vice city more than seeing Michael again.

In GTA V at the start with Trevor you'd the guy from IV lost and the damned, the paper guy from IV in online, and too much Brucie

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

God yeah I forgot about Johnny at the start of Trevor's section. I loved The Lost and Damned and Johnny was probably my favourite GTA protagonist.

That one hurt....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Possibly the craziest introduction to a character in the history of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Poor Johnny was an awful mess in Los Santos, the meth took a horrible hold on him. Anyone who played The Lost and Damned knows who's to blame for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

It would be nice to do 2-3 missions for a retired Michael but if there was going to be anything it would probably be a character you're working with talking about him saying they mentored them or used to run with them in the day. Packie is too much of a piece of **** for a place like Vice City haha. Despite his terrible accent, I did enjoy the Irish arc in IV. IV was also the first time I discovered replaying a mission had different dialogue of general chatting shité.

Ned Luke has been playing GTA V on YouTube, I'd say he'd be happy to do a small cameo if it came up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I wouldn't say the ankle monitor thing on Lucia would have anything to do with limiting the players area.

R* didn't have that in GTA V or RDR 2 so it would feel needlessly archaic.

And surely Jason could go where he wants, if he doesn't have one!

Yeah that feels like an old-school mechanic but it was class in San Andreas gradually opening up a new area and exploring.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

So in all the excitement I dusted off the PS3 and had a few plays of GTAV….

Oddly enough one of the things I'm most looking forward to in GTAVI is the soundtrack, because in V they absolutely nailed it….. to the point where still to this day I have all the songs from each station in playlists on my phone….. I loved every one of the stations… and they turned me onto some really great music (Radio Mirror Park being awesome).

I never really liked the radio in V. It would be cool if there is an 80's radio station in VI as a tribute to Vice City.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Agreed. V had by far the least memorable soundtrack and radio station presenters.

Post edited by Passenger on

• Advertisement

GTA V & IV were contemporary so had a much broader set of music, while Vice/San andreas were set in a period and while they weren't limited to the 80/90s they were aiming for that feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Am I misremembering GTA3 having mostly original songs (probably for budgetary reasons)? You could rip your own music to the XB hard drive and play that via the game's stereo instead. My then gf put a Franz Ferdinand album on there, and looking back it was probably the beginning of the end for our relationship.

Ha that escalated!! I used to love listening to Game Radio, Royce Da 5'9 bangers.

The soundtrack in V was excellent, I think due to the number of stations and tracks giving it so much variety. Plus they added loads over the years. I enjoyed the DJ sets added in Los Santos Underground. Also the tracks varied in the decades, tons of 80s/90s classics and the modern stuff spanned several years around the time the game came out so it wasn't just specific to that year specifically.

I also really enjoyed the score (mission music) by Woodie Jackson and Tangerine Dream.

Going back to IV the music is fairly weak in my opinion, maybe the stations are too short and it's a bit repetitive? The tracks feel a bit less mainstream, like their budget was too small to get really good tracks or something. It just seems average?

No doubt VI is going to be bigger and better than V.

Also for anyone who did the first batch of online heists, when you steal the jets and Danger Zone comes on? It was awesome!

Liberty Rock Radio in IV had big artists like Black Sabbath and The Who. Iggy Pop was the DJ on that station. When I started playing IV, that was the only station I listened to. I them started tuning into LCHC that plays speed/trash metal. Max Cavalera is a DJ on that station. The Classics got me into hip-hop.

GTA IV Radio Stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,365 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

The Scarface soundtrack was licensed and there was a lot of unknown artists on the other stations and the opera stuff was likely easy use re, royalties.

GTA1 went full into original music and it's still pretty good to listen to now, plus if you youtube it there's no waiting for ads because no ones bothered listening to it these days, pure nostalgia trip though.

Glazers Out!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The country song was class.

"The menfolk found their women scary,

Cos they were so big and hairy"

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I didn't mind the music in GTAV and thought there was a great selection, but there was no proper "station" I liked, whereas in previous games there was usually one or two stations I'd always turn to because 9/10 songs would be ones I'd love. So in GTAV it was always harder to find a song you liked.

The ballad of chapped lips Calhoun.

The music made what at the time looked like a gussied up Micro Machines game so immersive.

Glazers Out!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

One of my favourite stations in V was East Los FM, so with VI returning to Vice I hope we get a great Cuban/Spanish station again.

Even the station I thought I’d like the least (Non-Stop Pop) is brilliant. Hall & Oates - Adult Education (Fckin Banger)

Post edited by AndyBoBandy on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭McFly85

My favourite radio was probably from Vice City, some class 80s songs and the best talk radio, Pressing Issues with Maurice Chavez was absolute gold!

There's an interview for GTA1 where they talked about how much page space this song got in reviews for the game, and that I think as radio was tied to the car type people would travel up to the trailer park to steal a pick-up to get the country radio station with it's one song.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

K-DST in San Andreas was my favourite station.

"This song will put hair on your chest. It sure did on my ex-wife" 😂

Didn't Axl Rose do the voice for that station?

He did. Spot on.

I liked listening to K-Rose in San Andreas. I even wear a tee in GTA Online.

I think Vice City had some great radio ads too.

Think your way to success, "Don't just do it, think about it".

The gta 4 TV ads for the gubernatorial elections were hilarious "John Hunter has lost an erection more than once(descending slide whistle sound) and has disappointed his wife much in the same way he'll disappoint you."

Glazers Out!

One thing I loved about IV was the ads on the radio like the one for Radio Carbon Dating and Personal Research.

All GTA IV ads:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭McFly85

Lock up your daughters… click

Shoot your sons… Dad! - BANG

…cause Love Fist are comin to town!

The ads in IV were brilliant.

The news is very good too. One of the headlines on the news is 'Are you a sex offender?' 😄

The comedy stuff in IV was also good. Not sure if it was a TV show or actual comedy club but I remember Katt Williams and Ricky Gervais were on it. The talk shows in general and radio ads were great, I was playing Vice City Definitive Edition the other day and the radio ads were great nostalgia!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭dmakc

Yes, presented K-DST, and had a song on Radio X I think I remember.

Advertisement