Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

My main hope (especially after RDR2) is that they remember that GTA is supposed to be fun rather than realistic. I want every type of gun that I can pull out of the prison wallet when I need it even though it might not be realistic. I want to drive a vehicle until the battery on my controller runs out without having to think about having to stop to put 'gas' in the car or whatever. If I put a hat on my character, I don't want it to fall off and then I have to try re-equip it.

Tell a decent story with decent characters, and let players have a bit of fun with it all. And have some of the bigger main-story missions be scripted and linear, but let players be able to experiment more with most of the other missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

As funny as that would be I couldnt see it happen, sure they stupidly shared the trilogy not that it did much use.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Oh!!

So looks like it's time to buy a new console......

GTA5 was the first proper GTA I got into (on PS3) and it was just....... well, you all know how utterly amazing it is/was. I've not done a whole lot of gaming since then... but always said when GTA6 came out, I'd get it, and whatever the latest Playstation was it arrived on.. so I guess that time will be soon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm hoping and praying they show off some gameplay and give us a god damn release window at least.

Almost definitely no gameplay. Probably not even a release window (especially given the delays to GTAV and RDR2).

It'll be similar to the first trailers for both GTAV and RDR2; one minute or so giving hints towards the story, showing off the setting and one or two new things you can do in the game with a main character(s) VO. Maybe by the third or fourth trailer we'll start seeing proper gameplay.

We're in this for the long haul. Even without delays the game is probably still 18 months from release. They're not going to give away anything substantial in this reveal trailer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm hoping for a simultaneous PC release. They used to be 6 months apart but the wait for 5 was interminable although the port was a massive improvement over the origin release.

I expect the requirements are going to be meaty though, don't see it targeting previous gen.

Apologies for being slightly OT, but if we're looking at a 12-18 month lead time to release, for someone who's completely out of the loop re console generations/releases etc.. (my recent history is Wii, PS3, and sons Switch), is it known roughly when the PS6 will be released? As if it was close enough to the game's release, I'd imagine it'd be clearly better on the next gen consoles....

I only played GTA5 on the PS3 (which I bought in 2013, so was already close to being replaced by the PS4), and though it was amazing and better than anything I'd played before, when I saw my nephew playing it on his PS4 a few years later, I couldn't believe how much better it looked and felt (I had a very brief go)...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

This is probably going to be the peak year for consoles sales this gen and will tail off after for a couple of years. I doubt we will see a new gen before they've milked this one. I imagine 3 years from now.

As Retro says, we're unlikely to get the next gen for a minimum of 3 years, probably even longer. The PS4/Xbox1 gen went from 2013-2020, which would likely mean this PS5/XSX gen could be 2020-2027 at least.

Many are expecting a possible PS5 Pro or similar upgrade to Xbox consoles next year. A mid-gen upgrade like there was last gen. If GTA6 is likely 18 months away, chances are the PS5 Pro would already be out by then. But if you wanted to jump into this gen before that if you had interest in other games, there'd be no harm buying a new PS5 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,365 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Probably add on another year or two to make up for the lack of supply from launch to last year on current gen consoles.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

Thats fine then, when it comes out I'll just get whatever the PS of the day is.. mid generation, which I believe my PS3 is (Slim?). I just thought if the next gen was just around the corner I'd hang on, but a PS5 will do fine.. I did get into Call of Duty a fair bit too, but once GTA5 came out, it was game over for everything else...

That first trailer for GTA5.... it was just fcuking epic!! And I really hope we get something worthy of it tomorrow...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There are persistent rumours of a PS5 Pro model coming next year, so that - if it comes to pass - might be the best way to play it at launch. But the price is likely to be relatively high, as the price of the base consoles hasn’t really fallen at all, even with the recent PS5 hardware redesign. In fact, prices have increased, outside of some temporary price drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Same, this will be the first time since the first GTA game that I won't be playing it on release on a console.

As much as it's a day 1 release buy for me, I've finally reached the point of 'I can't have that ugly piece of shite in my living room' when it comes to the PS5 and Xbox Borg cube.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Jayzus bit harsh about the console looks there. 😂😂 PS5 isn't too bad imo although I've never cared much about hardware looks as long as the machine has games I want to play. I must've gotten proper old as I've lost interest in the GTA games these days - last decent one was Vice City on the PS2 (the soundtrack and aesthetic were great back then). I played IV for a bit and V even less, but I'll give the trailer a look to see if there's anything different with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Xbox Series X is a beautiful quiet piece of hardware. Even comes in a really nice box. PS5 is fugly, noisy and comes in McDonald's packaging. IMHO. 😁

GTA6 doesn't need better hardware. PS5/SX should be plenty. What it does need is some really fresh game design and a good story. I don't care for the multi player.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Rdr2 and GTA 5 single player where amazing games, the attention to detail, the scope and the emergent gameplay where class leading, rockstar are probably the only company left where I'll buy one of their major releases 100% on release, going to have to buy a ps5 for it too 🤷‍♂️🤣 unless of course they release on PC at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,365 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

PS5 is a quiet machine.

The design is divisive without a doubt and it's a clunky unit but it's easy to keep clean, removing dust is a must for modern consoles, I like many people had to void my PS4 warranty to be able to clean the dust out of the fans etc the PS5 makes that process simple, a couple of plates clicked off the unit and you're able to clean it out, no screws to go missing etc, click them back on and the jobs done. It sits there super quiet after it's start up noise, the days of noisy fans should be over once people keeps their machines clean.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Trailer is live at 1pm Irish time tomorrow and will be 91 seconds long. There are currently 50k people waiting to watch live

Sony have a knack for making either the ugliest or seriest console ever. The PS1, PSP and Vita are just stunning pieces of design. And then you have the PS2 and PS5. I kind of just find the ps3 and 4 boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Mine's not, coil whine (on PS5 games, not on PS4 games so much) and not quiet fan, unfortunately. My Series X is silent.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Silent because there’s nowt worth turning the thing on for? 😜😜

PS5 is silent for me thankfully, I was a few years late to the party so maybe the hardware was improved or maybe because it’s the digital version. Anyway, that’s getting off topic I guess.

Coil whine is a lottery unfortunately. It's fine with noise cancelling headphones but if your playing it on the big tv in the sitting room it's a dealbreaker.

I've digital version and have had no issues with mine. Unfortunately I think as per Retro's post, it's a lottery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

It's 2pm man!

Don't want you turning up with the popcorn early :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,813 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I see people claiming this is the biggest game release in the history of gaming, including that tweet above... is it really? Seems like a fair bag of hyperbole to me. 91 seconds is not a lot of time, I don't think we'll get much of anything in it. It is after all a build up to a reveal, and it was 2 years between the GTAV announcement in 2011 and it's release in 2013. Ain't a hope they've been stealthily working to make it a soon release when all the money is still pouring in for their Online modes. Saying that, watching the V announcement trailer they had a fair bit in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

Ah I can't think of bigger maybe RDR2 or perhaps Halo 2 but this is fairly massive. Even my wife mentioned it to me today and all she cares about is Stardew.

Ah thanks, would have been sat like an eejit with my ham and cheese sandwich staring at a countdown 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Toasted? Brown sauce? These are the questions that matter.

Edit: trailer leaked online with giant watermark and release date at the end. Hold out and watch proper version tomorrow. Spoiler below is blank, didn't know how to remove it fully.

• Advertisement

Advertisement