Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,291 ✭✭✭✭Penn

They definitely worked hard with GTA Online to make it a success, because at launch it was goddamn awful. Didn't work right, not a lot to do (repetitive races and stuff), and was needlessly cumbersome. I lost interest in it very quickly even after it started to become more stable to enter lobbies and do activities.

But they obviously knew they were onto a winner a kept plugging away with it, and the repeated updates kept people engaged for 9+ years.

RDR2 meanwhile never really seemed to get off the ground. Maybe because the game economy and awful realism of the game mechanics just put people off even though it was a far more stable experience getting online.

I imagine GTA Online for GTA6 will be similar to the former, and they'll slowly start adding back in some of the features from the current GTA Online alongside new features.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,519 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Oh my God, twerking lady on a car is real as well. Florida looks crazy man. GTA Online genuinely introduced a lot of cool single player activities but they were included on multiplayer infrastructure and it became very messy to manage. The last couple of years though, they've seen how people want the single player experience and R* have accommodated with single player businesses and heists so I'm hopeful that will continue with the next GTA Online.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,146 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I’m not a fan of RDR2 in general (an immensely tedious campaign that never trusts the player), but I think the online was always going to be more limited just due to the nature of the game. A modern game allows for much more of a playground in terms of weapons, vehicles, world design etc… As fun as a cowboy fantasy is, you hit a wall quicker in terms of what’s fun to do over and over again.

Not that I’m a fan of GTA online either (not least its aggressive monetisation focus), but I can easily see why it took off the way it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Watch the GTA 5 trailer again and compare the amount of pedestrians to GTA 6 trailer. It'll be amazing if that many pedestrians are say on the beach etc, but it'll definitely be a upgrade to 5. None of the pedestrians in the trailer look the same either. Looks seriously good, will have to get a ps5 and update to a oled 60inch. Have till 2025 so plenty of time 😀

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,864 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It only took them over 20 years to bring back that feeling of a GOURANGA from the original GTA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Massive improvement obviously, as you'd expect with a decade between them but some shots are slightly disingenuous to compare.

Like GTA5 bikini girl is just some random NPC standing around. GTA6 bikini girl is the protagonist, Lucia, probably in a cutscene.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

That is the route I'll be taking. If there is a PS5 Pro GTA VI bundle available, I'll definitely get that.

I don't think that's Lucia in the bikini, it's more likely an NPC.

Could still be a cutscene, but even then the cutscenes in GTAV were in-engine rather than CGI. In terms of pure graphical fidelity and level of detail, I think it's a fair enough comparison.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

What do you expect/hope to be in the Pro bundle?

I've seen a rumour that the base game would be $140 but I think that is debunked. I think they want to get the base game to as many people as possible to drive the micro transactions of the online part of the game.

I could see a pro version or deluxe version being $140+ easily by 2025.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Think he means a pro console rather than a version of the game.

Don't think they'll be a PS5 pro anytime soon, sales still too good for them to need to.

Mad what 20 years can do to your sense of wonderment...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,850 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I wonder will all roads and bridges in the Vice City area be open from the start!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,426 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I wish people would stop saying "it's a cut scene". What was shown in the trailer is real game graphics which Rockstar always do.

Also, I'm not sure if that's Lucia in that scene. Unless she got a boob job after she got out of prison. Could be the first heist.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

In one of the poster style images, Lucia is wearing an ankle monitor. Might be a way of keeping you from straying too far too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Saw this on Reddit saying the ankle bracelet could be a way of limiting access to other areas at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

First trailer for GTA 5 has 101m views in 12 years, GTA 6 trailer has 104m views in just over 24 hours - mad how much Social Media has come on in those 12 years

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

:D :D 🤣

Well I can spend 2024 wondering should I put it on the PS5 or Series X 🤪 A nice problem to have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

And that's with GameStop getting 20m views as the official Rockstar video wasn't showing up on YouTube search for people! It's the most viewed non-music video in 24hrs.

I had to go to their YouTube page to find it. It just shows how gaming has grown over the years. This is going to have crazy sales numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I think the islands being locked were to make each area appear larger by keeping you in and expanding slowly.

They didn't need to do that in 5, probably could have done away with it in 4 too but in that case it might have added to confusion as the map was still divided.

Yes, the three islands in GTA IV. When I first played that and wanted to explore the centre island (Algonquin), the police blocked off the bridges until I progressed further in the game.

At least in The Ballad of Gay Tony and The Lost and Damned, all the areas were unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I remember with Vice City you could glitch your way past the barriers from the start. On a second/third playthrough I collected something like 99/100 packages before doing any missions.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,864 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pretty much all of them had ways. You could use the momentum of the tank canon to jump the gap in GTA 3. San Andreas didn't gate you off but like GTA 4 you'd have the fuzz constantly hounding you.

So do any of you think characters from previous GTA games will be in VI?

Not Tommy Vercetti anyway since Ray Liotta passed away. Would've been cool if he was an ageing kingpin, maybe an antagonist after you robbed one of his businesses or something like that. Que sera sera.

Maybe one or some of the GTAV trio. There is endings where Michael or Trever can die so maybe only Franklin.

I'd say if any characters from GTAV show up, it'd be a side character, and maybe even just as radio phone-in or interview. Aside from Easter eggs or throwaway references, that's usually what happens. Probably the only major one I can think of is Claude & Catalina showing up in GTA San Andreas, but even then he was a mute and the game was a prequel. Those three GTA games were far more interconnected too. Since GTAIV the games have been more separate.

Packie had a great hidden role in GTA V and then again in GTA Online. Yusuf from 4 is coming to Online next week but yeah, I can't seem the major characters showing up. There were bonus that Nico's house could be found in V with a wanted poster for his time in liberty City and he's on the dating app.

I could see Michael showing up as a retiree in Florida, would suit him. Residual, I'd love if Tommy ended up having a kid and he's running a criminal empire in 6 with a nice tribute to Tommy inside their mansion, something like that.

• Advertisement

Packie is great. The first time I played GTA V and came across him, I killed him. When I found out who he was when I played IV, I used him when I replayed V.

I would like to see Gerry McReary in VI. He was facing a long sentence in IV. Maybe he moved south when his sentence was served. Who knows.

Advertisement