Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭McFly85

Vice City itself looks amazing, but with Rockstar that was pretty much always going to be the case!

Still have very little idea about what you’re going to be doing there though, it looks very much like a GTA so not really that excited just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Releasing only on new gen (thank feck) but no mention of PC yet. Also, it was announced earlier during a business call that it plans to release fiscal year 2024 which would be before April 2025. I fully expect a delay but early 2025 wouldn't be bad at all.

For anyone looking for decent videos and breakdowns, TGG is your guy. Throughout all my time on GTA Online, he is the ONLY youtuber I would watch for any GTA content. No clickbait, precise, to the point, no shouting. He usually does weekly videos about content drops and guides for dlc/business/tips/etc. There's gonna be a ton of these type of vids going around from awful shouty knobs but I recommend giving this guy a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

The 2025 release date being so far out gives me hope it will actually be on time. If we got a trailer in a few months saying "September 2024" I would expect it to be pushed to March/April 2025 as V/RDR2 were delayed twice. At the same time, if we get a March/April window, I wouldn't be surprised if that was pushed to September/October...

It's nice to finally hear something. It's hard to believe it was February of last year that they announced they were working on the next GTA and to stay tuned.

The trailer looks great, the detail is incredible. GTA V holds up well (at least the PS4/XBO version does) and the improvements with the living world/NPCs and atmosphere in RDR2 really took it to the next level. This seems to be combining the best of both of them.

GTA V is one of my favourite games of all time, it will be interesting to see how they keep it interesting other than just being the bad guys on the run.

I just wish they would allow other studios like Rockstar San Diego to do a new Midnight Club or Bully.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,286 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The only kicker about it being a 2025 release date is that it'll be almost 12 f*cking years since the last one. I get that they did RDR2 in the meantime, but man, what a wait they've made us sit through just because people were, somehow, still spending money on GTA Online.

We've spent almost as long waiting for GTA6 as Tommy Vercetti spent in prison before GTA Vice City!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,424 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Thought the trailer looked amazing. Delighted it's current gen only and when you see the level of detail in trailer breakdows, the game looks much bigger and more detauled and allso retains the Rockstar humour. Can't wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,556 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

This release date gives me plenty of time to save for a PS5 and a new TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Sign on a door in the game: We no longer accept cash stored in underwear 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I'm just thinking back to how..."detailed" the horses in RDR2 are. There's definitely a team of 20 animators crunching for months on end getting the twerk physics right.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

PS5 Pro will come with a new chip that does twerking in hardware. Microsoft will have to compete or they won't get GTA6 on XBox.

2024/2025 - when the IT industry jumped from AI chips to Twerking chips.

🤣

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,863 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Forget ray tracing. This is honestly the biggest advancement in videogame technology since Team Ninja harnessed the power of the XBox360 to give use independently jiggling boob physics in dead of alive beach extreme beach volleyball 3. (They were so proud of this tech they released a whole trailer just to highlight this).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,274 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Dear Rockstar ...........

Please ban all pr1cks that use Oppressors for ever ..........

Please ban all pr1cks that use Deluxo's also.....

But mainly Oppressors .... Asshats

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

As someone very interested in technology, where might one view this trailer? For research. Of the technology. Physics.

Never mind, I'll find it. Quicker than waiting for a reply. Very interested in the technology. Mmmm.... technology.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

60 million views for a trailer in 12 hours.

I think this might be the first game where other publishers move their games into entirely different years to avoid this one.

Sequel to Horizon Forbidden West will probably still release a week before GTA6.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,863 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's usually Zelda that comes along and makes Horizon look boring. Wouldn't want to spoil tradition with GTA.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It was Elden Ring last time, to be fair :)

Yeah at least with the first game, they were a month or two before Zelda BOTW. With HFW, they ended up releasing just a week before Elden Ring if I remember right.

They really have the worst luck with their release dates, both times just being completely overshadowed by a dead-cert GOTY.

Edit: I'm actually wrong, HZD released a week before BOTW 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm only waiting for Titanfall 3 to announce their release date for the same week.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't call it bad luck. They could have released a game that just did better. If your game is overshadowed by better games then it's the games fault.

You can tame a crocodile in AC Origins if people are impatient for alligator/crocodile chaos.

Also, this shot just reminds me of RDR2.

Anyway, the trailer is fantastic. The whole thing just looks and sounds alive and vibrant. It's got soul !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Trailer looks amazing. At first glance I was slightly underwhelmed but upon viewing another 46 times I realised how good it looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

GTA online is the major money generator now but I hope that we still get a good story mode also, I have no interest in gta online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Trailer looks brilliant, I will buy a PS5 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Biggest difference gameplay wise for me going from GTAV to RDR2 was the fine player control, in GTAV you'd have issues in confined spaces or near ledges (anytime walking over a boat gangway) but in RDR2 you'd multiple times you'd be in a tight building or area and running through burning buildings with ease.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Same,

Played the GTAV story multiple times and absolutely loved it each time, tried online a few times and just didn't get into it... zero interest in online (plus my skill levels were nowhere near the majority of the other players, so just could not compete (though I did enjoy the online team shootout games you could do)).

In GTAV if I remember correctly you had the opportunity to bring the story a certain direction based on choices you could make, so I hope there's loads more of this and much earlier on in the game so you could play story mode multiple times and hardly ever arrive at the same conclusion..

Would the general consensus be to get this with an upgraded PS5 PRO?

It's bright, colourful, vibrant and alive. Beautiful art style. I'm so sick to death of dark apocalyptic media. This is the number one important thing for me. It's why I'll play something like Spiderman, RDR2, BOTW for ages and drop of "zombie simulator no 247" after a few hours.

And that Tom Petty song is perfect for that trailer.

I think it will take the same approach as GTA V. Make a good game and get the game into as many homes as possible. It's the best way to get people to dabble in GTA online.

I'm just hoping rockstar aren't drunk on the smell of their own farts and think that the success of RDR2 means it wasn't an awful game and try to do something similar with gta6

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Very impressive trailer.

Things that stood out to me -

• The beach scene is so packed with detail. So many different body types, shapes, sizes and colours. Everyone looked truly individual. Not just in their looks, their mannerisms too. Everyone moves their own way.
    • The only weapons I saw were in the police raid footage and the hammer lady.
    • There was no flying cars or bikes. (Yay!)

Advertisement