Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

2PM our time. Let's Go!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

There will be some hype around this game's release whenever that is to be. But Rockstar have earned the right to exploit it...GTA and RDR are wonderful games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

And they sure know how to exploit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I really really hope this hasn't been informed by the awful design decisions in RDR2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Can't wait 😁

Yesterday's tweet for new GTA online content in December has 21k likes!

This vague image of a palm tree is about to top 1m likes in 2 hours!

Hype Hype Hype 🥳

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I will definitely play it as soon as it's released but I'm surprised there's so much hype about the announcement of a trailer given the gameplay leaks and the sheer length of time they've spent milking GTA V dry before releasing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭RunningFlyer

Any guesses what type of release date we might be looking at?

From what I remember it was about a year or so from GTA5 being announced to released?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If Rockstar is aiming for 2024, we'll probably see it in early 2025.

If they're aiming for early 2025, we'll probably see it mid-late 2025.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if we see it in 2024, but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

They said the trailer was getting shown early December, and all day before this tweet there was a load of people tweeting and tweeting "Hey it's December now where the trailer"

They'd be getting that again and again until the trailer otherwise, this is the one time an announcement of an announcement/trailer makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

And PC gamers should remember to add another 18-24 months onto that initial release date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I just can't get excited for this. Rockstar have burned any faith I had in them when their lack of single player dlc, zero effort releases and intent on milking online. But at the same time I'm sure they can do something special, but society is very different now so I wonder how they'll present everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I’m excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,799 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

My prediction is they'll just show the usual jump cuts of the city with some people walking and cars driving to some song and people will say it's the most amazing game ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,124 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Don't forget the frame-by-frame analysis videos showing every little detail and Easter egg!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Like the conspiracy theories from the first GTAV trailer where it showed Michael from behind and everyone was convinced it was actually Tommy Vercetti.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Can't wait to play and not complete it like GTA5 and RDR2

• Registered Users Posts: 16,364 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Ten years milking GTA Online and nothing but crappy remasters and ports released since RDR2 in 2018.

The accountants have taken over in Rockstar, I've bought every mainline GTA title on release day since GTA2, this time round I might wait for a review.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,799 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well, of course, you need someone to point out "15 things you missed in the GTA VI trailer"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,124 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I'm already shocked by thing #8

• Registered Users Posts: 22 at the gates

Yep. Took the piss in a big way with gta5. Completely took advantage of the player base and were way too busy making endless amounts of dough with the online component to ever worry about single player dlc. How nice of them. I'm thinking the same thing you are about how they'll present things. Their entire thing is satire and skewering popular culture (particularly american). If they're gonna be worried about saying the wrong thing and have a oh we can't say that mindset then it'll be a complete disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I know people complained about GTA Online a lot but they made so many important changes over the last couple of years but the is infrastructure was buckling and you could see what they wanted to do just wasn't possible without rebuilding. Gives me hope that the new GTA Online should have a solid base to kick things off. There was a ton of single player focused content added and i know well never make up for a lack of base game dlc, but it's a step in the right direction for online.

As for the base game, man, I still vividly remember GTA 1 and the journey this franchise has been on, can't bloody raid to see what they have in store but keeping expectations somewhat in check. Rockstar have never been the best as mission design so i imagine a prettier looking GTA 5 with better music (as long as they have the 80's station).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Trailer has been leaked. Looks legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Of course how else are those YouTube channels (some who say they already have the trailer and showing it) get there views and 💰

Timeline wise, I'm hoping a Tommy Vercetti jr. is in the game, running a crime gang you have to take out or work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Was inly thinking, I wonder how much money MS are willing to throw at Rockstar to get this as a Day 1 Gamepass. I don't think it would make financial sense on Rockstars side, but would be a massive and necessary win for MS.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

It will never happen. Anyway, Sony have a close relationship with Rockstar so I could see a GTA VI PS5 bundle.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Not a chance in hell. This thing will probably be the ‘biggest entertainment launch in history’ - no amount of money could tempt Take Two to a subscription deal. It’d just be leaving free money on the table.

Live 2024 games releases above and archived right now below

https://archive.is/KtZbQ

So who do you all think is moving come Tuesday if we get a date. Or are they already holding off, not much announced after march with a date.

Just thinking about the vice city and surrounding areas, there's probably gonna be a lot of animals making the trip from red dead. Gtav was sparse for wild life.

• Advertisement

And the fact that wildlife is being added into GTA Online next week, I'd say they will definitely have a lot in 6.

Advertisement