Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigs for 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tommythecat

The absolute shite he talked at the last gig in the national stadium put me off getting tickets this time around.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Same.

Glad to hear he's toned it down and folks are enjoying them this time out

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tommythecat

He's always been a talker but that was just way too much. Think he was on something that night to be fair. But just play the hits Brian please.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭dasdog

Yeah it's some double header and Kentish Town Forum is a gorgeous venue - it's a former 1920's art deco cinema with Camden Town close by so tickets booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭fluke

Enjoyed The Gaslight Anthem there on Saturday and felt the support act (Emily Wolfe) low key stole the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

I was in the Forum in '94 for an Ozrics / Banco De Gaia double header. Went to the jacks and it was full of people selling acid. I remember counting 12 strobes on the stage alongside all the projections and other lights. Fantastic night 😁 I saw Spectrum the following night in the Highbury Garage. A rather special weekend!

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭mgkelly

Banco de Gaia would be tasty. Lad's still gigging, from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

last night I saw infectious grooves and it was absolutely incredible, great to see rob trujillio playing some decent bass for a change, also the added bonus stage encore of rob stepping aside for young tye and infectious became only SUICIDE BLEEDIN TENDENCIES 🤣🤣🤣🤣 amazing night

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭skaface

Heading to Ali Campbells UB40 in 3 Arena on Thursday night.. Looks to be loads of tickets left for it, which i was surprised to see .. I wonder how many tickets have been sold.. thought this gig would have been nearly Sold Out or not far off it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Was at Slash last week.

Originally there was "no tickets available" - but when i checked last week there was so i got one standing.

I get inside, and the curtains are down , both in Seating upstairs and standing downstairs. And there was plenty of room on the floor, but all the seats available upstairs were sold……

Another case of sell the expensive seats first ??

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Fanirish

not really, simply they went with reduced capacity set up which was sold out or close too. they wouldn’t open up extras blocks in the back as wouldn’t make financial sense.
    Standing tickets on the day always appear as any unused promoter and artist guestlist allotments are put up.
    slash might require 50 guestlist tickets and if he only needs 20 then rest go up for sale.

Pissed Jeans in Whelans last night were…grand. Gave plenty of energy to a decent size crowd but there was something lacking. My two colleagues agreed, so it wasn't just me. Personally i expected it to be (any one of) heavier/harder/dirtier, but they weren't. The noise rock element didn't really come across. At €28 i'm not sure i'd go see them again tbh.

Search Results were the support. Beefed up their sound from when i saw them around six months ago. Still plenty of Pavement influence but a lot less jangly than previous. Slightly more abrasive and awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,793 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Looking forward to this tomorrow

Any more Bards heading along ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭fillup

Was at One Leg One Eye and Bell Witch in Academy 2 last night

Good gig but absolute sh1te venue

First time in Academy 2. If ur not on the bartier u have no chance of seeing whats going on on stage. Stage is only about 6 inches high - feckin joke

Don't think I'll be going back

Rant Over.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,480 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Kerbdog x4 gigs later this year, always a belter of a show, tickets on sale Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,487 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭TheDocMan

1000Mods @ Grand Social.

Tremendous gig. Amped up stoner rock - played loud to great size crowd . Energy & a tight band. Tinge of Black Sabbath & The Cult there for me. Anyway my t-shirt isn't dry yet and I'm in the door, home in Kilkenny

AND 20e !!! ticket (+3 support acts). Well done whoever got them here.

Still 😃 but ears will be ringing for a day or 2

Great gig by Blind Guardian tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,321 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

My tinnitus has tinnitus after that. Just the way I like it. More please! 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭T.V Eye

J. Mascis tomorrow.

Love his solo gigs... ya' still get the odd ear melting solo among the gentler playing. Not sure my ears would be up to a Dino Jr show.. this week.

Mazzy Star cover and I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭T.V Eye

Seen him hanging around in Vicar St. for the last gig alright. A photo doing the 'rounds after.

What a gig by Blind Guardian last night in the Academy. The Bards song sounded amazing but pity it was left to the crowd to sing most of it. The new stuff sounded amazing

Good enough but too rock for me at times. Tbf i expected that beforehand so no surprises. What did surprise me was their popularity. Cerainly didn't expect that size crowd or everyone knowing all the tunes. Enjoyed all the supports even if i have seen them all multiple times.

Afaik the guitarist from PXBX is the promoter behind a lot of these gigs, hence you'll see them pop up on the bill.

More enjoyable than Bell Witch in the Academy 2 the previous night, which was better live than on record but still a bit of a chore at times. I guess that's to be expected with Funeral Doom (i know i know, but i don't come up with them🙄). Fair play to the chap who handed me a free ticket on my way in as he didn't want to see it go to waste. Academy 2 is a really crap venue if there's any sort of a crowd in it. Not just an audience to negotiate but pillars blocking the sightline too. First time i've been there with a large turnout though so never had an issue before.

Glad to have tonight off after two consecutive nights of heaviness and volume!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,344 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Absolutely brilliant gig at the 3Olympia last night. What a showman Mika is

he goes to a good few shows. At sunn o in nch, thurston moore in whelans

• Registered Users Posts: 30,343 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

The World of Hans Zimmer: A New Dimension at the 3Arena tonight.

Brilliant show, it was great to hear his music performed by a symphonic orchestra and accompanied by a choir from Nairobi. The highlight for me was hearing The Rock as I've never heard it in any of The Hans Zimmer Live shows and hearing Gotham's Reckoning.

• Advertisement

Horse Lords excellent in the Workmans Club tonight. There's a youtube comment that describes them as "Tuareg desert psych trance via Reich and Riley." Sums it up nicely. A 1 hour set that had me grinning and head-nodding with great vim and vigour!

This kind of music could so easily be a wanky, smug, muso "aren't we so clever",very cold and uninvolving kind of affair. Not these lads. It was warm, joyous and fun. A surprisingly large turnout, even moreso when it was for an obscure band on a Sunday night. More of this kind of thing please. Below is a taster from a gig last year.

Advertisement