Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dutch Freedom Party wins general election. *Read OP before posting*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,878 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

it's rich of an Irish person to give out about preaching religion when we sent priests all around the world to convert and molest the children of primitive populations of many countries

let people preach, if people are dumb enough to buy into religion nowadays well that's their decision

Yeah see most people couldn't give a sh*t about that stuff, I have no idea who my great grand parents were for e.g., nor does anyone I know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭BlueSkyDreams

If the EU controls & restricts immigration, that will appease a lot of these voters.

We MAY then be able to introduce green measures that will be accepted by the electorate.

But I think the immigration issue is the number 1 factor here and we are seeing it time and time again across multiple countries.

If we want to save the environment, we are going to have to listen to people on immigration. Thats the message I am seeing and have understood for years now since Brexit.

Stifling peoples views on IPA immigration in particular just pushes voters toward the life boat to their right.

This result is another example.

Meanwhile...A certain Mr Farage is broadening his appeal to UK voters down under, in preparation for a not too disimilar campaign as the one succesfully delivered by Wilders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

@ancapailldorcha it's expensive but services work well and I would say overall the standard of living is very high. Work life balance is amazing, right to switch off has never been an issue in the time I've been here and holiday allowance is generous. The Randstad is a bit of a bubble though (seemingly overwhelmingly in favour of the PVV too!), the rest of the country has a lot to offer and opportunities have grown exponentially over the last 10 years. If you have a background in Law/ Humanities then obviously opportunities will be more limited than outside the Randstad but if your background is in STEM then east/southeast of the country might be a better place to look.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭m2_browning

A practice i personally disagree about especially since these priests committed such heinous crimes here and abroad that nearly destroyed their religion here

One more reason to not allow more of the same in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

How exactly have the Dutch Freedom Party won the election? They need at least 76 seats to secure a majority, unless I missed something, they did not win. The countries neighbour Belgium holds the record for a country with the longest period without a government.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,101 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

If we'd had cheap air travel in the 1940s and 1950s, we would have had the unprecedented and radical changes to Irish society of which you speak happening back then. All that has happened in the last twenty years or so is that the global population has become much more mobile (and interconnected through technology).

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Modulok

Most people don't give a sh*t about it, because they take it for granted. Just like most people don't ponder the convenience of electricity until it gets cut off in a storm when that-tree-they-never-even-noticed-yet-which-had-been-there-their-whole-life gets blown over and takes the power line with it. Sometimes you have to lose something to realize that you actually valued it.

take what for granted, that my great grandad was knocking around tipperary somewhere? why would i give a f*ck? i lived abroad for years, if i happened to have settled in australia i wouldn't be worrying about the fact that greatgrandad barry or john or whatever he was called had never roamed those lands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Snooker Loopy

I refuse to recognise Portlaoise. It's Maryborough to me.

I refuse to recognise Laois. It's Queen's County.

I refuse to recognise Birr. It's Parsonstown.

I refuse to recognise Offaly. The correct name is King's County.

I refuse to recognise Dun Laoighaire. It's Kingstown.

The correct name of Dublin's main street is Sackville Street, with its famous pillar. You can shove your O'Connell Street up yer arse.

I refuse to recognise the English language. Irish language only for me, as this post demonstrates.

I refuse to recognise an independent Ireland. This is the United Kingdom and will always be so.

Shove yer decimalisation and yer metric system up yer arse too. The bus fare into town is tuppence hapenny and my car goes 40 rods to the hog's head and that's the way I likes it.

Change is not good. Ever. Everything must stay the same as at some arbitrary point in history determined by me. It must stay that way forever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,571 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Let's not forget locking up the women and either killing or trafficking their babies.

Some fuking "solidarity and cohesion" we showed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭20silkcut

Nobody wants to turn ireland into a polluted cess pit and it never was and never will be . There is no vision for a vibrant rural Ireland in the green new deal. It’s just basically consigned to wilderness and is now being aggressively enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,784 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

In reply to the OP: Yeah, isn't it great! Perhaps they will see a bit less of jackbooted eco troopers pulling their hand guns and pointing them in the face of young farmers threatening to kill them if they don't obey the eco-reich.

Yes importing people who think women are non persons because their religion says so (a religion started by a hallucinating herder in desert who had 11 wives, with marriage to wife number 3 was consummated when she was 7) and/or mutilate their genitals because “culture”

will teach em priests a lesson

/s

"Take what for granted" - the predictable, stability-inducing cultural homogeneity which has prevailed in most of Ireland for the past two or three hundred years or more.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Anyone stupid enough to vote for the party caught offering to sell out government contracts to russian businessmen just 6 years ago deserves to be called much worse than a bigot

Yes, a consequence of mass immigration of military age men and their families from the neighboring island. I don't think that ended up going very well either.

This is valuable shared cultural memory. It's part of what we are. It's what makes us definably Irish.

The day priests ceased stalking courting couples and beating them with the crozier, the day we stopped locking up pregnant girls and stealing their babies, the day we stopped allowing the Christian Brothers to belt young lads with the leather, the day we stopped allowing husbands to rape their wives, the day we allowed the gays to have sex, the day we stopped forcing women to go to England to get abortions, these were the days we ceased to be Irish.

Change is not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,784 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Ireland doesn't even observe or abide by the free movement principles, so it's rich of people here to get upset at these developments in the Neteherlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Astartes

• Advertisement

Have you heard of the Kerrigy Plan? It's very scary.

The Jews are sending loads of Muslims and blacks to Ireland to have intercourse with our white women so there’ll never be another white child born & the Jews can take over.

So I believe anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Astartes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

If only there was some middle ground sensible policies.

Europe has been too lax on border control and people's life and services are getting worse.

Left wing goverments and ngos and I don't know if naive or of low intelligence is the way to describe people who support the madness.

Right wing governments are terrible and very few people want be associated with them.

But if your services and quality of life is getting worse by idiotic decisions by governments with no intention of changing then I can see why people are voting for a parties that will be tough on mass immigration.

Personally I don't think I could ever vote for one but I can see why others are.

There is far left and far right and most people in between have nobody to vote for anyone who will implement sensible policies.

Europe is turning to the right and we will be in a few years if things stay the same.

Let's hope a party that represents the people in the middle will be created.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭dmakc

Lough Neagh also acts as the basin for 250,000 tonne of human sewage, but don't let that stop you from pinning the blame solely on farmers under a different regime, with non existent green principles compared to our own. 👍️

To quote another poster

“””

let people preach, if people are dumb enough to buy into religion nowadays well that's their decision

”””

Apparently because one religion spend years buggering people we should now import another lot abuse women and worse, for “balance” or something

where is that shrug emoji

Post edited by m2_browning on

"You turned us into Nazis!"

Get out from under the bed, mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,044 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

The swing is towards a populist party that has its origins on the left.

If you recall recently enough SF were challenged when they implied that Irish people should get priority on housing.

Very populist, but hardly left.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Hardly a surprise, these nutters will get elected if mainstream political parties don't reform immigration policies, its fairly simple especially for a country surrounded by water. the mainstream media also needs to adopt a bit more realism.

On the RTÉ news when government proposed putting a time limit of 9 months on the free money for Ukranians the NGOs were on crying about 'inhumane treatment' but no alternative view offered? As if it's totally fine for struggling people here with 3rd world public services to give an incoming Ukranian €800p/m rent allowance plus €880 in social welfare cash, totaling €1,680 p/m which is about equal to the Irish Min wage, less a medical card, and higher than the average Ukranian wage by some margin.

Funny thing about it is when a working class area protests against thousands of migrant men being put into their communities by force it's all 'extreme right' and 'racism'. But when it's proposed to happen in Blackrock and the residents have a 'quiet word' with the minister and the plan is cancelled, relocated to Ballymun overnight that's just 'being pragmatic' nothing more said about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,101 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The Ireland of 'squinting windows' and Magdalene laundries and industrial schools may well have carried on if the cultural homogeneity of the last 300 years had continued - it was exposure to outside influences that largely contributed to the façade crumbling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭cgcsb

I mean there's a difference between

a) embracing new ideas, being outward looking and having freedom of movement with other advanced countries.

And

b) wholesale replacing villages with greater numbers of welfare dependent men from aftrica and south asia

You're hardly saying the ideals of modern ireland came from the middle east? Surely you acknowledge that those ideals were brought in from developed countries

Advertisement