Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Under-20 2024 Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,499 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Ye can't rely on the French for anything

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Of course they dont give a fùck about Ireland....why would they?

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭blackwhite

First time in a long time I’ve heard a player swear at the ref, and the referee respond to it without penalising him

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,956 ✭✭✭fitz

9 definitely picked that up in both hands. Ball should have been called out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

That should be that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭A-Train

That’s that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Game over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭techdiver

France are hopeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭Shehal

Think it will be a miracle if France turn it around here, England want it so much more and it shows. Tbh based on what I saw from Ireland this championship we dont deserve to win the 6N so maybe this is justice.

Another forward pass, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Blackheath

That is some performance from England, hats off to them

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

They probably should have beaten England even though they got the late score to draw it. Probably the better side for much of that game. Made a few stupid errors to let England back into it.

True but ultimately conceded two tries from not being able to retain the kick off, an issue we've had for a long time and not resolved, these are the little things that England havent been doing and its going to cost us a championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

TBF England deserve to win this. They are the hungrier team and have dominated the massive French pack for last 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Strand1970

France world cup over and they don't care anymore. I would have honestly thought at home they would be up to beat England. In fairness England are better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭John arse

Commentators are wetting themselves???

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Wtf was that from the prop? Big overlap and he throws a catflap pass into touch

• Registered Users Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

This English commentator is incredibly obnoxious.

It's pretty classless. Celebrating every French mistake.

I almost wonder would France have been better without their stars, they looked great when things were going well but now when the chips are down you can see it just doesnt mean as much to them as England.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Rugbyf565

France have gifted this to England ffs, awfully unlikeable bunch too

France look like they'd have been well able to beat this English team if they just concentrated. So sloppy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Superb performance from England. Best bunch I have seen from them and skillful and well coached too. They got better as the tournament went on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Commentators are a pain but this was an outstanding English performance.

England obviously dont play the most attractive rugby but as a collective they were the best team in the tournament and it's probably justice they got the job done tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,499 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Nothing to play for against a team with everything to play for. That was the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Rugbyf565

Hope England get stuffed by France in the men’s game tomorrow now. The arrogance of English journalists and commentators knows no bounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

I was glancing at the bet app to check the score on this and England were 5/1 to win the second half, not the game outright, just the second half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Overall England were the best team in the Tournament but a lot of positives from an Irish perspective and hopefully 3 or 4 of this squad progress to play for the Senior side.

Be interested to see which players people think have best chance (all going well regarding avoiding injuries) to be starting for Ireland in 3-5 years?

Advertisement