Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 23/24:season

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,242 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The fact they are managing to be worse than the heavily all-in tanking Poole/Kuzma Wizards is just impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭Corvo

Boy was I glad I woke up to watch that Lakers/Suns game, what a brilliant match up. LeBron and KD went nuts and there was some real quality on show from both sides throughout. Lakers got the benefit of the whistle (they beat the hell out of Nurkic at times) and there was late controversy which I hope does not overshadow the quality from all players on both sides of the floor.

The In Season Tournament has been a great success.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,156 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Yeah really good contest! Definitely had an edge beyond a normal regular season game in early December. Lakers Defense is looking very solid imo.

Looking forward to the semis and finals this weekend

pretty ridiculous performance in year 21, still can do it all

Pacers / Lakers on Saturday night!

• Advertisement

Yep, really looking forward to it. Not many players playing better than Haliburton right now. Stick Vando on him I say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hole in my lovelywall

Don’t think anyone anticipated this sort of success for the IST. Great to see Haliburton getting so much attention.

They really needed the star players to buy into it. LeBron, Tatum, Giannis etc. They all have/did. The rest followed.

Pity the courts look like arse

• Registered Users Posts: 19,562 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Zion and Ingram combine for 22 points last night. Zion looks so out of shape and we're 2 months into the season at this stage... Not sure he'll ever get in shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,616 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

So no sign of the Nuggets, Bucks, Celtics or Suns in the final of this thing.

How have we come to the conclusion that everyone wanted to win it?

Do you think its likely that none of those teams make the NBA finals?

How many of them made the semi-finals?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

It's a one off game rather than a best of seven series so it would make sense that there would be more unpredictability in who comes through - the usual big names getting bounced is part of what's making it so enjoyable.

So it's no surprise to you that none of the teams with the best records in the regular season to this point have made the final just because it's a single game knockout?

Makes no sense to me unless they don't care

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

These games also count as part of the regular season so there's no reason for any team to take a night off.

Indiana v Boston had something approaching playoff intensity when the Pacers won; teams definitely seem to be taking it seriously. I don't find it too surprising to have unexpected results in a single elimination game tbh, very good teams will routinely lose 30+ games each season so unpredictability on a given night is to be expected.

So basically you are saying it's just like the regular season? There's nothing to it then.

I'm not salty, I just think it's stupid.

If you want to have a second event, do it like soccer. A knockout tournament over the course of the season that doesn't count towards the regular season.

Theres 30 teams, it's only four games to go all the way.

Four to win it for the top two seeds. I think the winner of each conference from the previous year should get the bye

I dunno, it’s exactly a knockout tournament running parallel to the regular season. The games just double for record.

Honestly, it’s really innovative. Cup competition without extra wear and tear or extending the season.

Spectacular performance from AD and the Lakers. Putting up a big score inspite of being 2 - 13 from 3. Just completely dominating inside on both ends.

Lakers have found an identity so far this season. Great defense, long and athletic. LeBron and AD being healthy has been key.

Finished with 86 in the paint, most of any team this season.

In my opinion the tournament was a success.

Spurs and Pistons extend to losing streak of 17 and 20 respectively, with the two highest paid coaches in the league too.

• Advertisement

Spurs I can somewhat understand, even Wembenyama wasn't going to be able to save them.

But Pistons have a ton of talent that just isn't coming to the fore at all.

In other news, got a 12 team NBA acca up last night, a rare night with few shocks!

A 12-team acca, wow! Nice one!! Hopefully returned a few quid for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Draymond with a ridiculous ejection, my god he needs to get it together at this point, I’ve always defended him to a certain extent and we know you can’t change the style but tonight’s ejection was bad, no need for that crap, it’s really pathetic in my opinion.

Havent posted in a while but thought the tournament was a pretty good success, obviously you will have the typical haters finding flaws, which there are because nothing is perfect but overall I think it’s a really good thing and the longer it goes on then hopefully the more prestige goes with it, I like it, adds something extra to a generally mundane part of the season

That is outrageous from Draymond

Third ejection (and soon to be suspension) for violent conduct in his last 26 games. Only 6 games back from serving his 5 game suspension, they seriously have to throw the book at him this time.

He's also said post game that he was "just trying to sell the foul from Nurkic" so I guess this is his new "natural shooting motion"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,242 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Yeah if Spurs wanted to win they wouldn't have been running the point Sochan experiment for as long.

This year was just about pumping minutes into Wemby really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Yea, it’s pretty cringe now, even the most die hard Green fans here are losing their patience, obviously these players are getting old and frustrated they can’t compete like they use to and don’t like losing but Draymond isn’t the first star to get old.

The cynic in me says now he sign that big contract he wants out to join his man crush LeBron

Joel Embiid could go nuts tonight, 19 points and 9 rebounds in the first quarter.

30 points and 10 rebounds at halftime.

I'd imagine Joel is done for the night. 31 minutes 10 rebounds and 41 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭johnnyk29

The Detroit Pistons team must be one of the worst in NBA modern history comparable only to Vancouver Grizzlies/ Toronto Raptors in 90s or The Bobcats in the 2000s.

I actually thought they might have done ok with Monty as coach. He can't get a tune out then at all.

Advertisement