Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 23/24:season

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭johnnyk29

They got the record, Cunningham scored 41, I thought they were going to do in the 3rd when they went on a huge run but now they are trying to avoid tying Philly as the worst overall season record in history 😯

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I haven’t paid too much attention to it but my god that is a hard record to break, especially these days, you could surely get hot from the 3 ONE time, don’t even know where they go from here, imagine they don’t get 1st pick (good chance). Pathetic to be fair, tickets must be free at this point

Pistons playing very well tonight but again collapsing in the 4th here against the Celtics, Tatum on fire here

Pistons coming back with Bogdanovic, 3 point game and 5 minutes left

• Registered Users Posts: 37,626 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Another loss for them, in overtime. I really feel sorry for the likes of Bogdanovic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭Corvo

So plenty of rumours of KD being unhappy, again...

I would be shocked if he on the pistons after the trade deadline, would be a great rotation player on a contending team

I was listening to Bills Simons and he was talking about KDs legacy, it really got me thinking. I think he is definitely one of the most talented players we’ve ever seen, just sensational. He has won championships and been the best player on the championship team but it was never his team, always Curry’s team. I think when you think about all time greats that you can affiliate them directly with a team, MJ Bulls, Kobe Lakers, Bird Celtic, obviously there are exceptions, especially these days but KD just seems not to be able to attach himself to a city and it’s people like other players, we know how sensitive he is, iam interested in hearing peoples thoughts, like yourself and Butters and others here

• Registered Users Posts: 23,247 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

OG Anunoby will start 2024 as a New York Knick (as will Precious Achiuwa and Malachi Flynn) while RJ Barrett heads home to Canada (bringing Immanuel Qickley to Toronto with him)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,568 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Not sure that's the haul Masai was expecting but he held out way too long, tho Quickley is a good player. Knicks confident he'll re-sign given the connections in the organisation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭BQQ

Good chance for the losing streak to end tonight

Raptors on the second night of a back to back and good chance the players involved in the knicks trade won’t play

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hole in my lovelywall

So glad the win was against the raptors!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,626 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The first thing that popped into my head when you said that was LBJ. There was a Cleveland connection but I think it's been lost. If you only went to one other team for a couple of years that'd be fine but he's on his third team and he's all about the Lakers.

He'll retire as an all time great but not linked to any particular team.

Yea, he was the first name that came into my head when I was writing that, him and Shaq, Shaq will be strongly affiliated with the Lakers despite his successes at Miami

I'm kind of echoing your own thoughts here, mainly because I agree.

I genuinely don't know what to make of him with regards legacy and his affinity with certain teams, it's just so non-existent to be honest. I mean I love the guy as a player, his style, his trash talk, his lack of fan service and he doesn't get involved in political commentary. He just plays ball. But yeah, the only way I could see him having a lasting legacy with a team is him somehow bringing a title as the best player to Seattle like LeBron did with Cleveland in 2016, Dwayne Wade did with Miami in 2006, Chauncy Billups in 2004 etc...but that's never going to happen with his age and the fact the franchise does not even exist yet. OKC perhaps?

His legacy / reputation will be that of probably one of the (if not the) deadliest scorer(s) that ever graced the court who will forever end up with numerous future draft comparisons once you are approx. 7 foot and can hit a jumper.

The GSW titles will always be Curry's and I don't think he get quite the plaudits he wants even if Phoenix somehow win one.

Bill Simmons was of the opinion that he really cares about his legacy and his comparisons with LeBron. I'm not quite sure I agree with that, despite his obvious signs of being unable to wash away criticism at times.

His career will always have a "What If" over it which is strange for a player of his talent and wealth of awards.

He was so so impressive last night, really enjoyed watching him. He kept Edwards extremely quiet which is no small task and was a constant danger on offense.

The fouling out was absolutely phantom stuff though.

I agree with previous posters about Durant ls legacy, he was in prime position in 2016...3-1 against the Warriors, win that he would have had a legacy defining line up with Lebron.

Cleveland and Oklahoma going for NBA championship a huge legacy changer for either man. In the end the Warriors rallied and Lebron won the most impressive ring of his 4.

His legacy will be of one the the best and most unique scorer because of his size/length in NBA history. His two rings with the warriors are overshadowed by having the same team down 3-1 and joining them after that.

Unless he wins a title in Phoenix I don't see his legacy changing. Returning to OKC and trying to win a ring there before he retires would be a huge deal.OKC definitely have the assets as Priesty has been stocking them for years!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,157 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Darvin Ham is not long for the sack imo. These rotations and lineup changes aren’t working.

Warriors blow a huge lead tonight, hard to watch going down the stretch, did everything possible to lose the game topped off by Curry with a horrendous turnover to give Denver the ball and Jokers incredible shot to win. Draymond would of made a huge difference with his physicality, men v boys out there at times, can’t blame the young Warriors players, they don’t have experience and physique yet.

Shams has spoken on it so I reckon he'll be gone very very soon. Insane amount of changes and nonsensical line-ups.

• Advertisement

Yeah it’s quite surprising really, I felt he did some very good things last season. There was always going to be a mini hangover after the tournament final, but he’s handled that drop off in bizarre ways.

We know he has enough to work with, based on winning multiple playoff series last year and starting this year 15 - 9. It’s a results business and absolutely LeBron makes these situations more pressurised. In other contexts he would get more time then he is going to get here.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,568 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Phenomenal 4th Quarter between the Spurs and Bucks last night, Wemby going toe to toe with Giannis and both getting highlight plays what felt like every possession.

He's been widely criticised for playing both Vanderbilt and Reddish/Prince. I mean for god sake, the team has been crying out for spacing and he actively bombs that spacing then with this new line up. And to make matters worse, removes two possible ball handlers from the line up which LeBron needs at least one of (my choice would be Reaves). And then to really drive it home, he doesnt stagger Reaves and D'Lo which means they get murdered on defence.

If Shams is coming out with it, LeBron has likely had a word in his ear. They should be wary he a player option this summer and he's still good enough to join a contender, if not for much longer.

It's going to be Zach Lavine though isn't it. Ugh.

Is it no longer expected LeBron will manufacture a move to whoever drafts Bronny?

I imagine (and I may be wrong) that it will be the other way round. LeBron will agree to join someone early doors and then demand that team to use a second round pick on Bronny.

Mind you he could just as easily stay at the Lakers, not too many teams can take him on and team him up with a better player than Davis.

Bronny is being projected as a 1st rounder AFAIK. Strong defender and facilitator set to land between 18 - 25ish.

I think his contribution would need to grow as the season goes on, for that to happen. He’s been setback due to obvious reasons, but isn’t starting at the moment and minutes have been limited thus far.

I would be shocked if Bronny doesn't end up in Cleveland or on the Lakers ...the Lebron factor is a huge pull for both these teams

• Advertisement

My trade deadline predictions are

Siakam to the Kings

Dejonte Murray and Bogdanovic(detroit version)to the Lakers

I think the Warriors made trade Chris Paul to Portland for Brogdon

I think the Celtic get Olynk from Utah

Brooklyn Nets will be sellers could be 3/4 players moved...DFS, Dinwiddie, Claxton

Advertisement