Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 23/24:season

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,992 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

IMO I'd gladly take porzingus + holiday over smart + brogdan + williams

They are a significant upgrade. You can even hear Tatum and Browne talk about how good Porzingus is, andhow it sort of surprised them

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hole in my lovelywall

I also love Nikola, but he does seem to have given up on this team recently too. I’d say promises were made when he signed his extension that have already been reneged upon.

Coby is getting better every game.

Alex must have the best value. I’d hate to see him leave.

DeMar is still clutch.

I thought Lavine had obvious attitude problems since last year. I won’t miss him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,562 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Yeah it's time for Chicago to blow it up, they could get a decent haul of picks for DeRozan/Lavine/Caruso/Vuc and they've got almost all of their own FRPs for the next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

Genius move by Popovich last night to ask the fans to stop booing Kawhi. He gets the media now to talk about this stunt rather than the Spurs being 3-12 and the worst team in the western conference.

Post edited by Jack Daw on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,238 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The Spurs aren't meant to be good yet. Hes playing Sochan as a point guard for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Giddey could be in big trouble, will be interesting to see how the nba handle this.

Surely that should've been a tech for Pop? Shouting down the PA system while the other team is taking FTs??

Clippers still not looking good, 3 of their 6 wins are against the Spurs and another against Portland.

This is the healthiest they'll ever be too.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,156 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

• Advertisement

And still half of those wins are against the worst team in the west, they're below .500 with all their stars healthy and I can't see a world in which Kawhi and PG play 70+ games tbh.

Bad night all around for LA; LeBron suffers his heaviest ever NBA defeat to Philly and the Clippers lose another bad one against a Nuggets team missing Jokic, Murray, and Gordon. (Westbrook also found himself courtside arguing with a fan while the ball was in play at one point)

Pistons retain the title of worst team in the NBA for another night, losing at home to Washington to extend their losing streak to 14 in a row. Jordan Poole has had as many or more FGAs than Points in 9 of his 16 appearances this season.

Portland (worst offence in the league) beat Indiana (best offence in the league) with Scoot Henderson looking like he's starting to find his footing; 5-7 from 3 in his last 2 games, after going 2-24 on the season prior. He's been wearing goggles since his return from injury so maybe he really was just blind out there before 😅. The Blazers are also 4-4 when he plays versus 1-8 when he doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,607 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Which LA team will have a better season I wonder? Not looking good for either of them.

Lakers will be better imo, they can make more moves to improve.

The Lakers have 5 FRPs between now and 2030, the Clippers have 1 (in 2030). Clippers also have a lot more of their salary tied up in players they won't want to trade.

You are talking about future years. I was asking about this year only.

No I mean the Lakers will be better than Clippers this year because they can use their future picks to trade for upgrades. The Clippers have fewer trade assets.

I can't see the Lakers spending this year. They know it's likely Lebron's last year and you don't build anything around a player that's gone at the end of the season. You wait until next year to see where you're at and then rebuild.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭Corvo

They will absolutely spend, LeBron has already let his thoughts known in that regard with his post game interview.

I watched that game against the Sixers. Lakers downed tools at 25 down and Sixers had a freak night from 3 (albeit, the perimeter defense was poor from LA but that will improve with Reddish, Vincent and Vanderbilt back). It was a black mark but Lakers should be fine for a 5-6 seed.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hole in my lovelywall

Aren’t the lakers the only team to be rumoured to be interested in Zach Lavine? They must be desperate.

Why would you be worried about what LBJ has to say? You'll use all the right words with the media but he's falling off a cliff now. He's well outside the top 10 in PPG, APG and rebounds.

Why would you spend big now?

I'd be planning for the future, definitely wouldn't be going all in or spending anything to improve this season. He's only going to get worse as the season drags on and he starts to feel it. At his age that's what happens eventually. He's defied it longer than maybe anybody but it's started now.

• Advertisement

I'm not saying I agree with this totally, but Lakers have caved to LeBron on numerous occasions so why not again? And its not like they don't have numerous pieces they can move.

Why not spend big now? They are just out of the WCF, albeit they were beaten by a much better team. If you arent going to spend now, they might as well shift AD too, which they obviously wont.

Re LeBron's performances, I think its been generally regarded hes been playing to a very high level and has carried them through various games, but I agree he can't do it night after night (for instance he was brilliant against Cleveland but fell down against Sixers). He's looking far sharper in comparison to late last season where he was carrying an injury.

I don't know EE, I can't agree with anything you've said there pal. And I don't want to come across like a LeBron SuperFan, but its going against all popular opinion, your post.

If they are its for the simple reason he offers serious spacing. I wouldn't like him there personally.

It's not like the Lakers need to worry about building through the draft anyway, they're the #1 Free Agent destination in the league

• Registered Users Posts: 36,156 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

LeBron has been really good to start the year, and better than he was in the playoffs. It’s more of the gradual decline we’ve been seeing imo. Talking about “cliffs” is hopecasting.

Detroit now 2-16, 15 losses in a row. They've had a worse opening 18 than the 7-59 Bobcats.

Can't imagine them winning too many in the next month either, they could be going into 2024 with <5 Wins.

I agree that cliff was the wrong word but I do feel the decline is speeding up.

He's become inconsistent now and there isn't any injury.

He's probably, almost certainly, the greatest player in the history of the game post 35 years of age. Only one I can think of like him was Karl Malone.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,992 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

josh giddey is more like karl malone IMO

• Advertisement

Well they pulled it off, 0-15 in November...

Advertisement