Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 23/24:season

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,247 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Morant shoulder surgery ends his year.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hole in my lovelywall

That’s so disappointing. He is a real spark.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,157 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Warriors flat out suck now, everyone is guilty, top to bottom. I’ll be the first to admit that all things come to an end, can’t expect to keep on being at the top, it’s sooo hard, can’t hit every draft, players dip in form, get older, do dumb stuff etc but from Curry’s reaction tonight, I think there will be some changes at the deadline, I am not sure they can do anything drastic but I think they will do something, just from Curry’s words alone, he wants change, he knows this team is not going anywhere fast !! Curry only has a few years left at a high level, you know he wants to contend for a title, Warriors are no where near it. Wiggins is absoloutely trash right now, ive always been his biggest defender but its not good now, its really hard to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,568 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If it wasn't for Steph I think they'd blow it up and rebuild, but when you've got someone THAT good and who means THAT much to the franchise imo you owe it to them to try to compete for as long as they want to be there. You can always blow it up and tank a few years later, you may never have a top 10 all time player again.

GS over the next few seasons could look a lot like the Lakers in Kobe's final years.

• Advertisement

I know, I be been here through the bad times (real bad) and the good times (real good), Steph is just an absolute icon, what he has done for this city is just exceptional, I want nothing more than for him to retire a Warrior and have that statue built. I also think we need to acknowledge he is coming to an end, he is still at an exceptional level but it wont last long, time waits for no one, it will be a long time before the warriors have anything close to the good times, they messed up on the draft picks which I think is fine considering the circumstances, impossible to determine how it would turn out considering the time period.

Not sure what they can do now, it would take an exceptional trade to make them contenders

Steph still has juice, the best move for everyone would be some sort of trade

Pistons didn't take long to get another streak going, 6 losses in a row with last night's coming against San Antonio (Wemby had a triple double in 21 minutes of play)

Strangest part to me is that they're not playing their top 5 draft pick. Ausar Thompson has averaged 16 minutes a game over their last 10, having averaged 32 per game in their opening 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,626 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Great have in Boston last night. The Timberwolves are a serious outfit. Celtics got them in overtime. Tatum was up and down until late in the third quarter, Brown was great. Celtics were down by 9 with four minutes left in the fourth.

Celtics picked it up in ot and got the win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,006 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Nets vs the Cavs at 7pm this evening from Paris. Could think of better games, but not much else on this evening

Really weird choice for the Paris game. Two not great teams and I'm not sure either even has a European lol

Right!!! I guess it was set a long time ago but there are some really obvious European stars on good teams that they could of used !

Warriors apparently lining up a move for Siakam and may be more willing to shift Draymond away to Lakers aswell if they can secure Siakam.

The Hawks have finally accepted Murray/Young just wont work well together and are putting Murray on the trade block.

Like I said a long time ago, Draymond might get the trade to the Lakers that he wanted in my opinion, obviously speaking in hyperbole but it’s always been a gut feeling. Siakam would be a solid signing but you will give up some assets which will most likely include probably your best potential player in Kuminga. I get it, something needs to happen, is this enough, probably not, especially if you lose big players

Not sure Green really helps the Lakers tbh

Apparently they really want to keep Kuminga and Moody (aswell as Curry obviously).

There’s a few Bulls fans on here yeah? What’s the story with booing Jerry Krause infront of his wife?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The Last Dance making him the villain. Awful scenes, would be bad enough of Jerry was still alive and there but basically booing his widow was mental.

The last dance is just Jordan propaganda ffs. Krause put an amazing team around Jordan for years and kept maybe the greatest coach ever satisfied and happy.

So silly.

Jordan retired on ye twice, not Krause!

• Advertisement

Very weird trade sees the Pistons send Bagley, Livers and 2 2nd's to Wizards for Muscala and Gallinari.

All except Bagley are expiring deals. And none of them (again except Bagley) are likely to crack any of the rotations if they avoid being waived.

Real rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic vibes but the Wizards will be happy to get 2 picks and Bagley can back up Gafford.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭Corvo

To be fair, Bulls fans have been booing Krause long before The Last Dance. Even as far back as Sam Smiths book being released that revealed the players hatred for him (Pippen for the contract and Kukoc and Jordan for a litany of reasons stretching back to his foot injury)

The real dumbass move from Reinsdorf and the rest of the team that set this up, they should have known that there would be boos regardless and perhaps held a private ceremony for him to mitigate these disrespectful fans trying to ruin it. Also its not like Reinsdorf wasn't instructing Krause and essentially used him a shield from criticism)

Still absolutely horrific by the way.

Reinsdorf deserves as many boos as anyone involved in the francise, hes cheaped his way to mediocrity.

Siakam will be a Pacer in a few hours.

3 firsts + Bruce Brown seal the deal. (Nwora and Lewis move for salary matching purposes)

At 4-39 Detroit are still on pace to have the worst regular season record of all time. Still think they'll pick up some wins from teams phoning in their regular season once they have playoff seeding secured.

Good illustration here (from a couple of weeks back) on just how bad this Detroit team is from a historical perspective

The Bucks just fired Adrian Griffin with a 30-13 record…wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 37,626 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Krause didn't get on with the players and because of that he got a bad rap in the documentary.

Still this wasn't Krause and the people who did the booing should be ashamed of themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hole in my lovelywall

Giannis hasn’t hid his frustration for a while.

• Advertisement

There's gotta be something seriously wrong for you to sack a coach at 30-13 and replace him with Doc Rivers

Advertisement