Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 23/24:season

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

This Clippers team are ass, to lose 5 on the trot now with the 5th loss tonight against such a depleted Grizzlies team. Make it 6 in a row when they lose to Denver the next night.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,562 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Harden with the worst +/- on the court in 3 of his first 4 for LA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭Corvo

It's been a disaster so far for the Clippers, its been pretty obvious for awhile that with regards Harden that -

• His offensive ability has taken a huge hit
    • His assist numbers seem to be down (compared to feeding Embild quite easily)
    • His defense is even worse than ever, and it was never good to begin with
    • His attitude / patience with teams is at an all time low. He was playing with the reigning MVP and still wanted out - is he even wanting to win?
    • Westbrooks time at the Lakers showed how bad he is with a ball dominant player like LeBron, why did the Clippers think that putting a even more ball dominant player in Harden beside him would work? Fair enough, Westbrook is now on a team friendly deal but its obviously totally jarred the team and its make up

He's not alone of course, Paul George had 7 turnovers last night and as a whole, a depleted Grizzlies team crawling along at 1-8 record before the game should not be beating the Clippers.

I can only think that its true that Harden is wildly popular among superstar players and that they pushed the front office for the trade.

Because if not the GM needs a serious shake.

How long before Harden asks out?

Some shocking stats, courtesy of The Athletic -

• Harden: 13.5 points per game, 5.0 rebounds, 4.3 assists, 2.5 turnovers, 47.2/36.8/100 shooting splits, minus-67 on court.
    • Kawhi Leonard: Before: 23 points, plus-80| Since: 18.8 points, minus-35
    • Paul George: Before: 28.8 points, plus-87 | Since: 17 points, minus-26
    • Russell Westbrook: Before: 57.2 true shooting percentage, plus-64 | Since: 48.2 true shooting percentage, minus-28

Kawhi, PG, and Harden are 32, 33, and 34. They don't have a single first round pick until their own in 2030, that's 6 drafts in a row without a FRP. They are well and truly in hell if they don't defy all expectations and win a championship.

• Advertisement

6 losses on the bounce for the Clippers now.

Draymond likely in for a decent suspension now after this last night:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Nah I doubt it will be lengthy. He plays for the NBA's darling team, belongs to Clutch Sports, is friends with LeBron and all the U.S superstars, going to be on tnt when Chuck retires. He's well protected.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

They need to sign DeMarcus Cousins.

Plug Cousins in for Zubac at center and they've a potential circa-2018 All Star starting lineup.

Kawhi is also not playing anywhere close to what they're hoping.

He's often referred to as "Top 5 when healthy" and I would've agreed but he's healthy right now and he's playing bad. Maybe he figures it out, but maybe this is closer to his actual level now after all the injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Look at how well he played in his last few games (play offs last year, lakers game earlier this season). The problem is Harden is totally unsuited to be the Point Guard. Leonard is an iso-heavy player, so is Harden. There’s only one ball. It was always going to be the case that he got less shots with Harden on board.

Its really astonishing that everyone bar the clippers it seems saw this and could see it wasn’t going to work.

• Advertisement

Draymond going full Draymond with his second ejection this week, both of which were pretty stupid btw.

Draymond gets 5 games and somehow also happened to turn opinion around on one of the most disliked players in the league in Rudy Gobert

5 games is more than I expected and less than I think he deserves.

These incidents are far too common from him, it's his second ejection in like a week and we're still not far of the stamp on Sabonis (and that's not even considering his 10 years of incidents prior)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,604 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Is he trying to get cut or something?

Even by his standards he seems to be really loosing it recently.

Completely agree on your opening statement. I think he should have got 10 games for that.

I have seen some stuff online that he wants to play with LeBron in LA. He does seem to be craving LeBron’s attention at times, witness Iguadola’s gesturing after they were chummy chummy last year….was funny.

That was the joke. The Clippers are a good few years late with the team building.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,990 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Watching the Celtics play in Toronto, where the play in tournament floor not only is an assault on my eyes, but also changing colour

Really can't get over how bad the Pistons are, they're in for another season of being the worst team in the NBA despite having seemingly plenty of talent in Cade, Ivey, Duren, and Thompson, and the second highest paid coach in the NBA.

2-13 this season, making it 4-31 over their last 35 games.

Pistons have always been the same. I remember when they had Grant Hill, one of the best in the league and all they needed was to put a few decent players around him and they'd be serious contenders but no, they brought in players with questionable characters and wasted his time there. Hill left because of it.

So all these, imo stupid, team changes by the Celtics. Exact same record at the same stage as last year.

Scoring less, better defense are the differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,990 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

the celtics look a lot better than last year IMO. bad loss last night, but a few missing and the end of a road trip.

It was exactly the same last year. Brogdon and Horford missed a couple of games.

11-3 just like last year.

As I said they scored more last year but conceded more as well. The average gap in points was very similar.

How you can come to the conclusion that they are better this year with the same record is beyond me?

I can't remember every game obviously but I know they beat the Bucks and Heat early and I'm not sure if the Nuggets was in the first 14 games but it was early on for sure

Can we all gather in prayer that Caruso gets the f*ck out of Chicago...

I think this era of Chicago must be one of the biggest "what ifs" ever.

If they had Lonzo at the point surrounded by DeRozan and LaVine with Vooch in the middle (need to find a better fit beside Vooch at the 4 granted) I think they'd be competing quite well.

But with Lonzo just being crippled throughout his time they've just meandered aimlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,502 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It's bizarre watching them. They're actually a great squad but they're not gelling at all. Talks of Lavine jumping ship which I'd be for but they need to keep AC, his hustle is an absolute joy to watch. And as much as I want him to stay with the Bulls to help them, he deserves to be on a note successful team.

• Advertisement

I get ya regarding Lonzo but they've known for far longer than the public that he was fucked and wasn't coming back and made no moves to address it.

I've always said LaVine was a criminal max contract. Quite possibly the worst "franchise player" in NBA history, a total joke that got his reputation from an uncontested dunk competition.

DeRozan is on the decline and is still more important than prime "Fly 8" (what c*nt came up with that nickname for such a sh*t player??)

Vooch gets the most hassle from fans because of what we gave up for him but **** it, I love Vooch, him and Caruso I have nothing but love for, they play ball every night.

AKME are worse than GarPax. Two even clueless-er pricks.

Bulls are f*cked until at least the 2040s but hopefully we're not around by then an I can go follow another team.

F*ck. F*ck. F*ck being a Bulls fan.

Advertisement