Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NASCAR 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,863 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Its crazy how many times weather interrupts Nascar races. They need to have the wet tyres option at every race track.

I'm not sure if it was rain or lightning that stopped it yesterday, there was lightning at one stage but it went away and they went back racing but only for a few laps. before it started raining. I presune it was the rain.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

lightning at 1st as i was watching the truck race . then the rain came and you would have needed a boat from some of the pictures i seen of it a bit later .

wet tyres on banking in the wet might be an issue

They had them on an oval a while back, can't remember where and not sure how high the banking was. You may be right about high backing.

stenhouse and Busch got into a fight after the race - race bans have been handed out .

Allgair may fill in for Larrson at Charlotte as there are forecast delays for the indy 500

he was very fast in the xfinity . but mistakes as usual done foe him

• Advertisement

I normally disagree with you about Justin because he gets screwed a lot but it certainly was his fault yesterday.

I'd be very surprised if Larson doesn't make it back but I honestly can't see him doing anything if he does.

It's one thing driving a 200 or 300 miles Xfinity race on the same track but driving an indycar and then hopping on a plane is a whole different kettle of fish.

If Justin gets the seat I'll be shouting for him.

As it stands it's hard to look past the long run cars. Obviously Hamlin and Truex are serious considerations but I'm hoping my man, Chris Buescher, does it today.

if the indy gets delayed enough with rain he aint gonna make it back

he is favourite to win the race atm , ive gone for Hamlin today as he is never far away and if theres no Larrson its even better for him

indy weather delayed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Weather forecast is heavy rain for Charlotte as well , a Monday run fir both Indy and Nascar is likely , and if rumours ate true the nadcar race maybe live on PS2 Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭amacca

I was about to give out yards about ted kravitz still being on sky while indy coverage was due to be on😅...relieved indy delayed and not moronic decision making by sky

• Advertisement

its not starting anytime soon the heavens have opened ,

indy is on Nbc usa and Charlotte is on Fox if you can get streams of them

premier sports feeds are poorer quality

9.45 indy startime Larrson staying in indy

Larrson when hes done at Indy will go to Charlotte and Switch out from Allgair who will Start !

thats if Allgair is still running lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Not sure he can do that can he??

Americans really ramp up patriotism to 1000

he can i think Allgair may have to go to the back to start ??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Okay did not know. I find it a bit strange that the indy 500 been as big and as popular as it is that other races would be scheduled for the same time. How did Larson do last week I know he had to fly to another race in North Carolina I think

all star race in north wilksboro - newly paved good track - logano won - Larrson was 4th - had to start from the back as Harvick had qualified the car

So they called the race. I wonder how this affects Larson?

yes he did get in the car but didnt race so that might get him out of it

He didn't get to drive the car. As far as I'm aware that means he needs a waiver from NASCAR or he can't win the championship. It'll be interesting to see if he gets it, they are normally only given for injury and domestic family reasons.

The fact he was there and available to drive should help his case when NASCAR called the race without him getting an opportunity to drive. If they had postponed the race until today he'd have got to drive.

I was very surprised they called the race with over 200 miles left to run. Like it's a crown jewel.

• Advertisement

they will wave him it would be terrible press and they could loose him if they didnt

it was always going to be red flagged it would cost more to go again when they had an official result already

In a regular race it's normal but with over a third of a crown jewel left to run it's surprising to me.

Kyle Larson will get a waiver ,his attempt at the double boosted TV figures for both indycar and nascar .

Nascar had no option but to call it,by the time the rain stopped if they had restarted the race would have finished at 3am ! and that's without taking into account more rain was due.

Nascar precedent meant finishing it on a Monday was a non runner.

An announcement on the future of SHR Ford is expected this week ,complete closure would not be a surprise unfortunately.

SHR shutting down would not be a surprise with the huge increase in the price of purchasing a charter.

Thing is it's two owners so one might want to sell and the other to keep going. How that would work.out is anyone's guess. I'm not sure Tony Stewart would want to sell. Would that mean two charters are sold and he holds onto two or nothing can be sold or some arrangement for buying out Haas is agreed upon.

Ford has started to close the gap of late. Logano won the all star race, I think Keselowski would have won last night if not for the rain. Josh Berry has improved a lot of late, he was third at Darlington and was a lot more competitive than his finishing position last night suggests.

Breaking news - Stewart Haas Racing is closing down ALL its stock car operations - Nascar and xfinity teams.

The 4 charters are for sale ,the press conference held in the last hour did also mention a significant scaling back but official everything is for sale.

No word on the F1 operations that are within the Nascar facility.

It's not a huge surprise, Tony Stewart has fallen out of love with Nascar and comments from Matt Kenseth implied both Tony and Haas have shown little interest in the team for the last year.

Briscoe is expected to move to the #21 ,Gregson is in demand ,Berry and Preece may struggle though.

There was talk of Junior racing running one of the charters but that seems unlikely ,

23XI , Trackhouse ,RFK are all in the market for charters ,with 4 available prices will be discounted.

Of all the drivers you mention the first one I'd be looking to sign is Josh Berry. He's been their best driver this year. He's not that long in the sport and has been successful since he came in.

Berry and Briscoe would be my top two.

And there's a huge amount of people looking for charters, the price has gone through the roof over the last couple of years. You mention all the current teams looking to add charters but there's a lot of rich people out there looking to break into the sport.

Noah Gragson has been SHR star driver this season, Briscoe is a shoe in at the Wood Brothers . I like Berry but he has struggled in what is Kevin Harvicks old team.

Rich people wanting to enter the sport is more a F1 thing than Nascar - the money in Nascar is owning tracks ! , It would be a surprise if a brand new team entered imho.

As an aside the Charters are technically worthless after the end of the 24 season unless the teams and Nascar agree to renew them - Teams want Charters, Nascar don't !

If Ford hadn't blocked SHR hiring Kyle Larson how different things could have been......

23x1 should buy one and Put Hamlin in it

Gragson is behind Briscoe and Berry in the points standings.

How have you come to the conclusion that he's their star driver?

• Advertisement

Gragson has 6 Top 10s and is more consistent than Briscoe, Berry (three top 10s) has disappointed in the #4 after some strong performances in the #9 last year.

Don't forget that Gragson had a 35 points deduction due to a SHR L2 penalty

Advertisement