Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NASCAR 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Austin Hill found a way to win the Xfinity race, looked like he had no chance but sat in behind saving fuel and it worked out for him. He has an incredible record on Superspeedways.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

good finish to what was not a great race as it was only a 1 line race and very little passing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I enjoyed that Xfinity race. Some decent racing. It's good that they're allowed lock bumpers at this raceway.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

It's unbelievable how Hill keeps winning on the Superspeedways.

I'd love to see him in a decent car in the cup Series for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 CorribsideSteve

The truck series needs an adult in there to police things, Good for KB

• Advertisement

Who have we picked for tonight's race? Atlanta is a mini Talladega, so I expect the likes of Bubba and McDowell to be up front at different points, but it's hard to pick an outright winner. I'm just looking forward to watching a race on time, with no rain, and loads of sunshine forecasted track side.

He's very bland and neutral though, just like Jimmie Johnson. The sport needs a badass champion with lots of personality that divides opinion wildly, so while I respect Willy B's racing ability enormously, I'd much prefer someone like Hamlin win it outright.

More laps under yellow than green at the moment 🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Suarez by a molecule

One of the best races in years!

• Advertisement

I find Hamlin very boring. I despise him but Chastain is your guy if you want controversy. A bubbly character like Bubba would be a good champion.

Anyway I was just saying I'd like to see Hill in a good car at Superspeedways, not in any other races. I'd just like to see how good he is against the best of the best on Superspeedways.

That was one hell of a crazy finish tonight. I think all three of them led between the final bend and the finish line.

Close finish , got tired of the crashs and went asleep early and got the ending on replay ,

good to be back at 1.5m oval next week , had enough tracking wrecks for a while .

What a finish! Very enjoyable race.

I've only been watching NASCAR since 2020, so my sample size is small, but I can't recall a better race than that. Several races have had elements of last nights race, but fleetingly. Last night was a kind of ... justification is the wrong word, but I definitely had a feeling of "THIS...this is why I got into NASCAR".

First regular race of the season. Logano got the polle but looking at practice Larson and Byron look really good. Christopher Bell looks like he has a long run car which is good at this track as there isn't normally many yellows.

Outside of them I noticed Zane Smith had really good practice numbers. He starts 24th, is a rookie and drives for Spire Motorsports so I wouldn't expect much from him but they might be worth keeping an eye on going forward. He was an exceptional driver in the Truck series, even in bad cars he was competitive.

looks like Larrson v Byron unless theres a bit of argy bargy

I always root for Bubba. Starting 5th. Looking forward to it regardless of who wins though.

Ooh, tyres and pressures biting a few drivers already. It should be interesting to see how this progresses.

The wall takes the biggest hit so far at Las Vegas.

I'm watching Elliott, slowly but surely moving forward and he has to have a good car like Larson and Byron

• Advertisement

Larrson wins - on an easier passing track . maybe reddick would have won .

May have won with better pit crew also. The 23XI pit teams are the equivalent of Manuel from Fawlty Towers. Bubba and Reddick: 'Let's have a good pit stop here guys, no mistakes'. Pit Crews: 'Que?'

It was pretty boring, Larson and Reddick were miles ahead of everybody else. It was pretty obvious who the first two were going to be from early on. You even knew that a yellow wouldn't change things.

It was always going to be a comedown after Atlanta. A 6/10 race. Domination of a race is nothing new, it's just a little boring when the domination is so ... complete

So who do we have winning tonight? Hard to look past Blaney, although Hamlin has the pole. I like Phoenix, the layout, the backdrop etc. Last season's finale was a good race there, so hoping for something similar.

allgair went low blew a tier with 5 laps to go and seconds ahead ,

has a toyota look to it unless you have the fastest car ty gibbs could go well as an outsider as it were

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Ross Chastain won last time out in Phoneix so should be a contender.

Kyle Busch has more pit crew changes so he may be in the hunt but Ford's traditionally are strong here , Blaney and Logana leading the charge but Noah Gragson has surprised lately and Guilland and McDowell have shown speed.

Chastain to back up his fall win for me.

Another good run for SVG to 6th in the xfinity race.

Erik Jones very unlucky with the pitstop at the end of the first stage.

Bell gets a deserved win . he missed out a few weeks back . Gibbs 3rd a good finish for him despite tyres falling off

Cota next week .

• Advertisement

I was delighted to see somebody come from behind. You've often seen that whoever gets out in front at this track gets the win. Bell reminded me of the only man who regularly broke the mould at this track, that's The Closer Kevin Harvick.

I think we'll see Bell go on and win multiple times this season. Bell, Byron and Reddick have come through as expected. They were the three most talented drivers at the lower levels in I'd guess the last 15 years.

Advertisement