Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farm payments 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

It's very farm dependent in fairness. After watching herself spending the last 4 months going demented trying to get them all done walking swamps and mountains every day in the worst summer in years anything that's out of it was well earned. I know if she could have made up the money without scoring actions for a farmer that's what she did but 90% of her clients in cp area so all had to be scored anyway. Stupid scheme with a stupid app that doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

It's probably the one year I could really have done with the advance payment and anc. No real outstanding bills but trying to finish the last few bits on the house to get in for Christmas and I'm running on fumes at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Under pressure here myself, everything that could go against me this year seems to have done, used to have a rainy day fund but an infustructure project on the farm this year has wiped that all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,227 ✭✭✭tanko

Don’t forget to apply for the Organic farming scheme this year😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 18,233 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Bigger numbers in teams a set of jerseys is 25 at juvenile or underage V 18ish in soccer. 30 in a set at adult level.

You would be unlucky to lose a ball playing soccer. With the scoring of points balls can go anywhere. At a U16 country final back nearly ten years ago we lost a genuine O'Neill's and two O'Neill's trainers. 140 euro at the time. Often send 20-30 minutes after training looking for a single ball and it was only one end of that pitch was a real problem. The other pitch we would train/ play it had whitethorn at one end between us and the farm next door. If a ball went in there during game it was probably punctured.

The real cost was as a dual club was slioters. We had to replace nearly 700 one year@ 5 a pop. They are nearly 6 euro now. I imagine insurance is more expensive as well.its more of a contact sport than soccer. They buying helmet in hurling to reduce head injuries

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Tileman

Something serious wrong if u had to buy 700 sliothars in a year. We are a hurling and camogie club and I’d say 200 sliothars a year would be bought .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

I asked my advisor to sign me up.

it should be worth about €8.5k/ year and hopefully allows me to improve a few things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Heavily involved in my club. People underestimate the work put in keeping the lights on etc. It's hard work for zero recognition....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,171 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Some, are better off simply farming the schemes, i.e. maximising that paycheque. Letting the farm enterprise pay as many bills as possible and wash its face.

I understand the pressure on young families on cashflow and the later payments affecting that. But look at many who have had a glitch in their application and can find themselves waiting until the middle of next year, possibly. So a Plan B might be something all of us should consider.

I remember 30 years starting a medium sized (60cow) suckler herd. The cheque was critical and ran into problems with the application on the second year. It was big money to me, 2 young children, and I wouldn't wish the stress on anyone. I forever remember it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭paddysdream

Any soccer team will require 10 plus training balls along with match balls.

They are lost just like gaa balls.Actually more often as most soccer pitches don't have ball catch netting.

Difference in jersey cost is minimal as most sets last a few years. Also soccer is much stricter on players wearing proper kit than gaelic.

Affiliation and registration costs are much higher in soccer plus ref fees are higher I think in soccer.Most soccer clubs have floodlights as winter training and games are normal.These cost a bit to run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭anfieldrd

Where can you see on Agfood what your SFP will be this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,213 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

In the main menu under bdgp tab the next tab is basic income can't remember the rest of it click on that and you'll find it there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭893bet

Do you need to really every year and at what stage dues that occur?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭massey 265

SFP this year is changed to b.i.s.s. To check your b.i.s.s. just Log onto ag food,go to b.i.s.s. then to correspondence and view findings .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Dunedin

You really don’t know much about the costs associated with a GAA club. Jerseys and balls are a minor cost.

Team manager: even junior clubs are paying managers upwards of €100 a session these days; physio bills easily run to €10-15k a year; a lot of teams do food after training especially if they have lads travelling back midweek for training, protein milk, bananas, etc. strength and conditioning coaches, weekend training trips, etc. I could go on. Senior clubs are operating at the same professional level that some counties were 15 years ago

GAA clubs have much bigger grounds than soccer clubs hence the general upkeep is higher. Diesel for the generator where floodlights are in situ, electricity bill for the clubhouse. Notwithstanding the constant improvements that a lot of clubs maintain - electric scoreboards are becoming the norm in clubs nowadays.

kids membership in my GAA club is €10 , soccer is €100. The biggest difference is that the GAA have a much greater means of raising money- club lottos are in practically every GAA club in the country and will clear between €20-30k a year. Maybe get €10k from their sponsors. And do a one off fundraiser and get another €30-40k Soccer clubs simply are not on that scale and rely on the membership to cover same. GAA clubs benefited a lot form sports capital grants in the pass whereas soccer clubs are only catching up now on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,227 ✭✭✭tanko

No, apply once and you’re in it for five years when accepted.

10 euro membership for gaa is crazy cheap in these times. The thing that annoyed me about the fact club was little Johnny being sent home with raffle tickets from his team. Each child would get a book. So if you've 3 kids, 3 books and expected to return 3 books sold. Child asked at next training session why they haven't sold their book of tickets in front of everyone there.

At an away game a few weeks ago, my lad went into the ditch after a ball and came back out with 5. The club were delighted with him

Agree about costs of running. Between GAA & LGFA theres a constant need for fundraising but in fairness to the Parish they are brilliant at supporting the club. My club are raffling a Limousin heifer at the moment.

https://member.clubforce.com/tickets_m.asp?LL_ID=667&fbclid=IwAR18gLwCKq4A7_Ca2hrvQo9xYRI-_kUovT5t4XTUvMWn6s6lrbxz8WUUZLA

But another poster said kids membership is 10 euro in their club, if this was increased to 20 euro there mightnt be any need for fundraising during the year.

• Advertisement

Our membership is about 80 for a juvenile member and 120 for an adult if I remember correctly. I don't know of any club that only charges €10.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Wife knew a lad who used to mow the hurling field in Ennis. I think I know where all the sliotars ended up, and it wasn’t under the lawnmower either.

Edit, we are wayyyy off topic now.

Post edited by blue5000 on

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭Grueller

Same here. Both myself and herself are heavily involved at committee level and the time we spend on it has become unsustainable. I am dropping off next year and herself will be stepping back from her officer role to a standard committee member. Ill go back at it in a few years when the kids are a bit hardier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Tileman

Yea same here. Heavily involved in committee and fundraising for club. It is a thankless job. U wouldn’t mind doing a year and then someone else steps in but like everything no one wants to step up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭paddysdream

Definitely off topic but anyways;

Club membership is not as simple as comparing the headline figure .It depends on what the fee includes. GAA clubs around here vary from 50 to 100 for juvenile and 60 to 150 for adult players.Some insist all coaches are members (think its a requirement to be on a committee in every club)

Soccer varies greatly with some on 40 for juveniles and others at 100 euro.In some clubs the fee covers socks,shorts,training and ref fees.Other clubs you may have a cheaper fee but have to bring ref money to each game plus purchase your own socks and shorts.

My own club would perhaps be mid range in price but it covers all referee fees ,training under lights and every player from U8 to adult gets club socks and shorts at start of every season.Also can depend on where your club plays as different leagues charge different player registration fees and club affiliation fees.Some leagues charge a flat rate per team whilst others charge per player (30 euro here at present for an adult plus 3 euro to the FAI).Add that 33 euro along with socks and shorts (12 euro) plus referee (maybe 20 games at 30 euro per team per ref so 1 euro fifty per player per game ) at say 30 you are getting close to 80 euro without anything to run a club,purchase balls etc etc.

Not as simple as people think.I have been involved in soccer admin(club and league level) for more years than I have been on this site and am involved in club level admin at GAA for a good few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭893bet

No one wants to step up…..but everyone knows what your doing wrong and has a better idea 😀

I did covid officer, I met some right assholes. Do you want your kid to play football or not, I didn't make the rules

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭green daries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭green daries

So far gone at this stage it's pointless trying to get back on track 👣

Advertisement