Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farm payments 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Tileman

Have to agree on the last post bass.

everything gets blown up into a crisis these days. Like many others I could do with the money at the moment. Was doing a bit of building and cash flow is tight. A month didn’t seem long a few months ago but it feels a long time now.

But they did inform us 4-5 months ago and they have got the money out fairly effecientky in the past and I’m sure they will next year too.

to the original OP could u apply for an overdraft to get you over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,104 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Slava Ukrainii

Would probably take the 5 months for them to get back to you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,071 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Would you give the same advice - "do what any other businesses dose get a f@@king overdraft" - to any landlord who is complaining that their tenant has been slow in paying lately and has informed them that they'll be even later for the next few months due to cutbacks at work?

Because you do an awful lot of complaining on another forum on the hypothetical fear that a tenant might be late in paying........

What about the hoo-ha over the derogation, then nearly every second year we have a mini panic over the closed season for slurry.

If we get a few showers the tillage farmers need to be compensated. Last Spring we had the hoo-ha over the drop in the spring beef price mainly because lads got greedy in January and February and taught they make a killing like the year before

I have answered more personal questions that anybody here. I even a few years ago showed the main details of my farming accounts. Most lads here got farms handed for nothing to them and maybe that is the problem.

I left home as a teenage, I got very little handed to me throughout my life. I got the same chance as everyone else. I did not go to college but I upskilled and took my chances.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Dunedin

No one knows what really goes on in other people’s homes - maybe a sick family member, an unexpected expense in the home, family car blew up during the year…….. let’s not be so quick to (f@@king) judge.

I’m on boards most days, I read Agri land and farming Indo - I actually missed the bit on the late payments announcement last April so sur shoot me too!!!

Donald Duck that is from another forum. I will discuss that here if you like but it will derail this thread. You have certain off the wall idea and were trolling other contributors you got banned off most of the threads there so I will not carry it on here

However I will make the reply I made to alot of your comment on that thread.....bla bla bla bla

@Dunedin you should never thank apost you know nothing about. It might be an education to go and actually read a few of Donald Ducks posts on those forums.

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭DBK1

It’s an anonymous online forum, you could show Larry Goodmans accounts and claim them as your own if you like and no one here can dispute them.

I do agree on one thing, you shouldn’t have to answer any more personal questions. But maybe you’ll now afford the same respect to the posters who say they’ll be under a small bit of pressure by not getting paid the money they are used to getting this time of year. You don’t know any of their personal information so you don’t know why they might need that money and rabbiting on about financial discipline without knowing their circumstances isn’t exactly giving good advice.

There are plenty on here like yourself, and I’m one of them, where they got very little handed to them too and took their chances and gambled at certain times and done well enough for themselves, you’re not the only hero in the room!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Dunedin

Wasn’t sure if I was allowed thank this post or not - f@@k it I took a chance.

Ah now. How many schemes have we seen in the past decade with the famous IT issues, or like ACRES with impossible deadlines- agriland has it today 83% of commonages assessed, its October! It's like groundhog day.

Where is the efficiency.

There is nothing stopping you,but you really should go and read his posts or for that matter mine as well on the property and accomodation forum. I have nothing to hode there just like I hide nothing here Donald Duck has some strange ways of thinking regarding property

Slava Ukrainii

The interesting thing is that over there you complain a lot about imagining the hypothetical scenario of your tenant being late in paying. And you don't like when I point out that that is a well known risk in that line of business and it is one that should be managed. You have expressed the opinion over there a number of times that being a landlord is the only line of business where you might not get paid on time, or might get stuck for payment. Which I always found interesting. I'd imagine that there isn't one poster on this forum who hasn't been stung at least once in their lives by someone who didn't pay them. You definitely won't find a single contractor who has never been stung.

From now on, if I visit that forum, I will have my response ready to copy and paste if you go on about poor landlords not being able to make repayments - "do what any other businesses dose get a f@@king overdraft" 🙂

Donald Duck bla bla bla

What I said it was the only line of business where the business had to keep supplying a service to a customer where that customer was not paying them, It would be similar to a dairy farmer having to keep supplying a co-op that was not paying them for there milk or a beef farmer having to keep supplying a processor or a mart and not recieving payment, I never said anything about it being the only business you could get stuck with a bad debt.

we are not supplying a product to the department they are funding us which we would be better off without if it was right accross the EU.

as I said Bla bla bla

and again its not for this forum

Slava Ukrainii

Nope. I distinctly remember pointing out to you that mechanics etc. as one example of often being stung. They'll put parts in and might not get paid. The owner of the vehicle or machine can be working it to their hearts content with parts you weren't paid for.

Whereas you said that the garages that you go to demand payment from you before giving you back possession. Which I thought was unusual as we never operate like that - when something has to be fixed we will try to fix it ourselves, and if we can't, it just gets sent up to the garage and we pay the bill when it arrives in at the end of the month.

I didn't bother posting at the time but the oul' fella had just collected a tractor from the mechanics up the road here and I asked him how much it cost and he said something to the effect of "I don't know but I reckon it'll be a big bill as they had it up there a few days".

Tell me if a customer will not pay for a repair are you forced to service there car 2-3 weeks later again, and again the next month and again the next month and again the next month. I pointed this out at the time you lost the argument there and you will lose it here as well.

Let me tell you again no other business is COMPELLED to continue to provide a service where it will not get paid for.

@Dunedin and you thanked his orginal post on this sh!te as I told him on the last forum a LL must have cuckholded him

Slava Ukrainii

Nope. You were moaning about someone hypothetically being able to use your house while continuing to withhold rent until you recover possession. When you recover possession, you don't have to give it back to the same tenant - the same as the garage doesn't have to repair a person's car again.

I pointed out that a mechanic can buy a part, put it in your car/machine, and have to watch you drive up and down the road past his front gate every day with that part unpaid.

The other example I gave you at the time was of all the subcontractors who weren't paid for materials and fixtures/fittings that they supplied and fitted to houses, only for them not to be paid but for the builder to be able to sell on those houses and have people use them every day.

For the first case above, you can now simply take your own advice if a tenant does not pay you on time - "do what any other businesses dose get a f@@king overdraft". Easy peasy.

• Advertisement

bla bla bla

They are not COMPELLED ( remember that NOT F@@KING COMPELLED) to continue to provide a setrvice

BLA BLA BLA

I will not reply any more on this topic to you on this forum

remember NOT F@@KING COMPELLED

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭green daries

I wouldn't waste my breath he's getting worse not better........ I'd say a problem with the gargle myself .

How can the mechanic get the clutch back out of the tractor that they haven't been paid for?

How can the farmer get his bales of silage back that he wasn't paid for but he can see the fella who got them off him throwing them out in round feeders every day.

No point getting angry because you know you are wrong. And there is no point coming on here being sanctimonious towards lads who might be having a bit of temporary hardship thrust upon them by others failings when you don't apply the same sanctimony to your own situation when you think you might be inconvenienced.

Slava Ukrainii

Christ efficiency he says 🙄 😳 😂 🤣 you have met the Irish civil service and particularly the administration side of the civil service. Its way past being a joke

I'd say 90% of the people in public service never worked

One child. Our own club has a payment option, you can pay over 3 months. Our fees are paid in the spring . Dublin prices

Post edited by whelan2 on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Very bitter. That comment says an awful lot about you. Touched a nerve?

• Advertisement

That is a crazy cost. That is like a rugby club nearly 20 years ago when they insisted on children having to buy togs socks costing about 50 euro from them on top of membership fee of about 50-60 euro.

Soccer is a really cheap sport to play and to run a club compared to GAA. 300 for child membership is nuts and people paying it are worse

Slava Ukrainii

Advertisement