Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcards discussion during FPL 23'/24'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Definitely an option but personally I’m fine to only have Salah as Liverpool cover. Their fixture aren’t amazing and goals are usually shared across the rest. I’ll be getting rid of Darwin next week anyway. Long term I like look of Isak, Haaland and Solanke.

Yeah that’s totally fair, I haven’t considered my team for it. I think I’m happy to make transfers closer to the time to fit in some DGW37. I’ll ideally have Gordon and Isak for it too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I've to make up 68 points(9p/w) to catch leaders in my MLs.

This is my current team, not bad for this GW.

Could go Morris to Isak and field 9 playing at home.

Thinking of this WC team - 0.2 itb.

TC in DGW34, BB DGW37.

FH will be DGW35/36 depending on CHE/TOT fixtures.

If I figure a way to get to Son via Saka for DGW35/36, I may play FH in GW38.

TC Son or Palmer would be a nice differential in GW35/36. Surely FH34, with a few differentials is the best play for you, no?

As a one week punt, Solanke (CRY) or Isak (EVE)? I'll have both of them from next week, when I get rid of Darwin. I could also just not pick Darwin at all this GW, but I feel his fixture is too good to ignore.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Never even thought of FH34, just saw Salah(ful/eve) and thought, nice.

Definitely food for thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

Missed the early deadline and forgot to finalize my wc team, 😕 main one I didn't decide on was solanke or issak to Haaland and didn't do either, the fear is real

• Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

So for those with their WC still burning a hole in their pocket, when are you planning to use it? I'm tempted to go now but it's mainly down to boredom than any real plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

36 or 38 for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

• Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I was originally planning to go in GW35 and BB in 37 but actually thinking I might pull the trigger this week, Not 100% happy with the doublers I have for 34 and I've no interest in loading up on Chelsea or Spurs players anyway despite their two doubles. Wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea conceded in both games in both doubles. And Spurs might too.

Dubravka Pickford

RAN Gabriel Porro Van Hecke Braithwaite

Saka Havertz/Diaz Salah Palmer Eze

Isak Haaland Solanke

Roll in 34

35: Salah to Son, Eze to Gordon

36: Roll

37: Havertz/Diaz to Foden, Porro to City defender, maybe Solanke to Hojlund for a hit

BB of Pickford Braithwaite (Sheff h) Gabriel (United a) Hojlund (Ars New h)

Looking to WC this GW but hard to be excited by Chelsea and Spurs players despite 2 DGWs. Will likely just pick 2 from each

yeah. On WC too and really feels like I’m forcing in players just because of the extra fixture.

Easy enough to go with 3 Chelsea but hard to pick more than 1 spurs player. I do wish Richarlison was fully available.

Would also like to keep 2-3 of the Palace guys but I want maximum DGW players in 37 and don’t want any Palace players for that week and I don’t want to book in FT’s.

I absolutely want to carry 2 FT’s into GW 38.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Will be on the WC this week too, Will have Porro and Son from Spurs, and Palmer from Chelsea. Probably Gusto too as he's an easy bench when needed. Not sure about Petrovic, extra games but one clean sheet in forever for Chelsea

You say Guato is an easy bench but you’ll want to play him in both DGW’s.

Will he play all the matches though ? I don’t think any of their CB’s are guaranteed either ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,049 ✭✭✭COH

Also on the WC train.

My season has been terrible so I dont really care what happens from here so banking on an unlikely 250 points GW37 bench boost to turn things around.

Will likely go all in on 3x Newcastle/Spurs/Chelsea/Utd and City for my sins ... something like

Onana - Petrovic

Porro - Romero - Gusto - Burn - Gvardiol

Palmer - Gordon - Son - Bruno - Foden

Isak - Hoijlund - Haaland

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Gusto is a doubt for this midweek game. He's not exactly very reliable to play multiple games is he?

I’m finding it handy enough to pick 3 players from Chelsea, Newcastle and Man City. There’s really only Son from Spurs unless Richarlison is definitely available. I may go for the Spurs keeper to have another DGW keeper.

I don’t want any Man United but I may get Onana for the save points.

I’d love to keep all 3 of my Palace players for the Man United game but it would mean using precious FT’s to have DGW players for 37 so I’ll only keep one of them.

I absolutely want 2 FT’s for GW 38 so I can only book in on FT before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Sorry, ment he's an easy bench for the SGW's

He's been fairly ever present when fit, the injury doesn't sound longterm. For 4.3 he's worth the gamble IMO

• Advertisement

Current WC draft with 3.6 ITB

Onana/Dubravka (becomes Pope if back)

Walker/Schar/Dunk/Gusto/Gabriel

Gordon/Son/Foden/Palmer/Garnacho

Haaland/Isak/Mateta

Mateta could become Hojland/Jackson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Tandey

Would it not be better to wait till next gw to WC for a BB 37? Just incase their are injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭JPup

Depends on if you are happy with how your team looks for GW35. I'm not, so have to wildcard this week.

Spurs and Chelsea double in 35 and 37 so there doesn't seem a good reason to me to wait.

I feel like this GW35 wildcard is a massive trap now. Chelsea are awful bar Palmer and who apart from Son is worth going for from Spurs. Ditching Arsenal and Liverpool players for these lads...I just don't know.

That’s hard to argue with.

Not sure what to do now myself.

At least Spurs have something to play for but still hard to pick more than just Son

If you look at the Arsenal and Liverpool fixtures they are pretty good with the exception of Liverpool away to Villa.

Is 9 DGW players and 6 good SGW players an acceptable WC and then BB combo ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

After watching Liverpool tonight, I'm comfortable enough in getting rid of them.

Tempted to go with Foden & KDB and forget about Haaland.

Isak Jackson Watkins. I'll probably chicken out though, going into a double without Haaland is a scary thought.

• Advertisement

Don’t really want Haaland either but I think it would be foolish for me to go without him now having had him all season. Any hauls would hurt.

Financially it shouldn’t be hard to fit all 3 in but it’s hard to pay for KDB when there are so many good cheaper midfield options.

Advertisement