Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcards discussion during FPL 23'/24'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I don't think they're as bad as usual, there's very few 30-40% owned players this year, of the most metioned here ones....

Trippier and Haaland the only massively owned ones.

Most going away from Estupinan, Saka, Mitoma

The Spurs defenders are all up to 18%, Cash 22%, Son 26%, Bowen 16%, Diaby 12%, Watkins 24%

They're all figures that will give you a big boost if they hit. Even Salah and Alvarez at 32% are relatively low.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,169 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I had it in my head for a while that I would try wait til around GW10 to WC, so maybe there is some confirmation bias in my thinking. Flags this week have panicked me a bit though.

I can have this team with a -4, to cover the flags I got this week. The only bench would be sub keeper Flekken. So I basically have 11 players for 2 weeks, can bring in Schar for GW9 against Crystal Palace and then WC in 10.

Does this team need a WC?

Pickford

Porro Pau Gvardiol

Son Maddison Mbueno (2 from Luis Diaz / Saka / Diaby depending on fitness)

Watkins Alvarez Haaland

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

That team doesn’t need a WC imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I have 8.1m for two defenders. Lamptey and who else? Al-Dakhil Burnley, or Branthwaite Everton maybe? I'm guessing Gusto is no longer a viable option after his suspension, and James coming back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭The Guru 123

Taylor for Burnley is 3.9 I think so I’d definitely go for him. Nailed on now too I think.

If it’s just short term you need maybe Lamptey aswell? If it’s longer term set and forget maybe a Luton guy or a second Burnley?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I would go Charlie Taylor over Lamptey

Just saw Guru said the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭mobydopy

Thoughts on this WC team. Left with 0m itb with this team

Areola

Cash Udogie Burn

Son Salah Bowen B.Fernandes Neto

Haaland Watkins

(Turner, Archer, Taylor, Kabore)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I would have Alverez as third striker, over having Bruno, and that extra savings would probably get you Trippier (i haven't check the numbers though)

I'd have Alvarez over Bruno too.

KDB ran riot in those big games against Arsenal in the 2nd half of last season, playing as a sort of second striker off of Haaland who himself played as sort of a target man. KDB got 3G & 2A whereas Haaland got 2G & 2A. I remember KDB doing great against Liverpool too.

I suspect that Alvarez will fill that role again in the upcoming run of fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

WC activated. would like Trippier but using the funds elsewhere leaves team more balanced

Vicario

Walker, Zinchenko, Digne, Burn

Salah, Maddison, Neto, Bowen

Haaland, Watkins

Turner, Mitoma, Archer, Branthwaite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

Finding it hard to keep a WC team i'm happy with- so just worked backwards and got players in I really wanted first-

Areola

Cash Trips Udog

Salah Mitoma Neto Son

Haaland Watkins Alvarez

Turner Tsim Taylor Anderson

Son will become Saka in the future, and Tsimk is only a place holder for now and who would prob be moved to Gabriel moving forward also

Who were the players you really wanted ?

I don’t like the Tsimikas pick as you already said it’s short term. You could go with 3.9m, regular starter, Taylor at Burnley so he will be your 2nd or 3rd sub and go with Gabriel straight off.

I don’t like booking in future transfers as it very rarely pans out due to other problems.

Have you pulled the trigger yet ?

Ye already have Taylor and can't quite stretch to arse def until go son- saka, coufal or burn are my other thoughts,

Ye had pulled the trigger to get to this team

Ha. Sorry for the useless advice. Looked and looked but didn’t see Taylor.

It’ll be a long time before you use your next wildcard. I think I’d rather go without Trippier and have stronger options on the bench and cash in the bank.

You could have a 5 x nailed 4.5m-4.9m defenders (loads to choose from) and Palmer at 4,9m. Would be a much stronger squad to pick 11 from.

Also gives you more flexibility with the low priced Mitoma and Neto if you need to move one on.

Thanks advice always welcome, and ye Trippier is one of them I want in but do agree WC should give you 15 playing players so still a little to chew over, with Palmer Chelsea have a a few players coming back and small amount of games to chose from so I think its still a small sample size to choose from but might be worth the risk v reward as a bench player

Palmer rotates savage with a Palace defender from GW 10 to GW 20. So that defender could be Guehi or Andersen if you’ve got the cash.

GW10- BRE(H)

GW11- BUR(A)

GW12- EVE(H)

GW13- LUT (A)

GW14- BHA(H)

GW15- BOU(H)

GW16- EVE (A)

GW17- SHU (H)

GW18- vs WOL(A)

GW19- CRY (H)

GW20- LUT(A)

So you’d always have a strong first sub and would be happy to play them when needed to cover an injury.

ps, I realise you’re not sold on Palmer and understandably but Chelsea forums seem to think he’s nailed and already has proven himself better than other options. If I was playing 343 I’d have him. Chelsea have a great run of fixtures from GW 16 and he might be a starter (for FPL managers) by then.

Post edited by fplfan12345 on

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Looks like Robertson is out until new year approx.

I'd be holding Tsimikas, 4.4m is too good to ignore, especially with their fixtures.

Tempted to get him in for Burn on my WC in that case

• Advertisement

Between the below options, getting Son limits my options as have Haaland and Salah but would like to have him

Maddison/Zinchenko/Neto

Son/Tsimikas/Palmer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Are you playing Neto and Zich or will one of them be bench player?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭slumdogemillionaire

Wild carded due to a tonne of injuries:

Vicario, Areola

Zinchenko, Digne, Burn, Tsimikas, Mitchell

Salah, Maddison, JWP, Mitoma, Palmer

Haaland, Watkins, Alvarez

Pretty happy with it...still a few hours to change my mind about a hundred times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

Don't do Digne, I fell for the trap in my WC a few weeks ago and kicking myself for not getting Cash instead.

Must be the forth time in the past few years they I've fallen for the Digne trap!

Haha, I have fallen into that trap myself too a few times!

I had Cash in there until the Robertson news broke and I swapped out Branthwaite as a throw away defender for him which left me 0.2 short for Cash. I wanted to keep a Villa defender there so it was really between Digne and Pau. Maybe I will have another look for a 4.8m defender outside of Villa. Thanks!

Settled on final WC haven't changed all day- and thanks to fplfan if Palmer and that does anything moving forward- also have 0.4 in bank so can switch Madison/ Son to Saka in the next 2/3 GW

• Advertisement

WC week is it?!

Advertisement