Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcards discussion during FPL 23'/24'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I'd have Foden before KDB with the extra matches coming up

I'd also have Toney ahead of Watkins at this stage, his fixtures are turning, they are top of the ticker after 29

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

I do agree but unfortunately I seen a long interview with him on a podcast and he came across a proper twat so I’m struggling with buying him. I have to like a player I’m owning on some level.

He’s obviously a very good option and will be playing like a demon, as he’s definitely now playing for a move, but Villa are pushing for Champions League and Watkins is very consistent.

It is appealing because I do like buying players under these circumstances like when their contract in runnin out ala Rashford and his last big renewed contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Ya Foden is providing better returns and seems to have Pep's trust now, I would also have Bowen in there as well,

Decided to wait til 31.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Newbie20

I’m thinking of playing my wildcard in GW28. Get 4 or 5 doublers for GW28 while having 9/10 for GW29. Will use a couple of transfers in GW30 to get a couple back that I want. Going to keep Saka, Son, Palmer, Watkins, Gabriel and Raya throughout so my team is still good from GW30 on. Thinking of taking out Haaland and Foden in the wildcard for the next 2 - 3 weeks. Morris in attack potentially. I’ll probably use my free hit in GW34 the . Is this a terrible idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

It's something I'm currently looking at myself.

My reluctance is that my team is in decent shape for next GW and plan is to hit FH in GW29 as it stands.

Always thought a WC should be played when there is a significant change in fixtures coupled with not being happy with my team or plenty of flags I can't easily get out of.

Doubles look good on paper but as we seen in GW25, they're only good if the players actually turn up. Liverpool and City doubling and look what happened there. Not sure there is huge upside in next week doubles and Haaland/Foden could easily return v Liverpool.

It's a tough one, I'm leaning towards not doing it tbh. Not sure the upside is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,166 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Have a check at that teams you think will double in 34 first.

Off the top of my head, I think it could be something like Everton, Sheffield Utd, Palace, Newcastle and Man Utd or Liverpool depending on how the cup games go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭shmeee

I've hit the WC button last night. Had to FH29 otherwise as only 4 players. And I just didn't like my team going into this GW either (Trippier, Alvarez, Estupinan, Richy) along with basically been on a grey arrow around 500k for about 8 GW's now, so just said.... Let's mix it up!

At present I've WC'd into this. Palmer could be Luiz/other mid for BGW29 but I want Palmer back for 30. Could be some small changes but this is the jist of it. Salah and Haaland also to slot back in and funds at present allow this. 10m ITB.

I also hit the button. Still tinkering around with it but quite similar, I think have 12 of the same out of 15 as it stands. I’m thinking Bailey in place of Maddison to leave a bit of spare money for Salah or Haaland or both coming back in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭The Guru 123

Like the look of those teams to be honest. Cover off the double and blank nicely while still either having all the other main guys or having a definite path back to them.

Also the Maddison/Bailey decision won’t matter if you’re committed to selling that player for Salah but if you’re unsure who you’ll sell Bailey might make more sense alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭shmeee

Yes, Salah back in for GW30 and if a few players I could move on, so left it a bit open. And I'm sure an injury or a flag will pop up along the way.

A goal feast this Sunday at anfield is the only danger, but I'm willing to take the chance.

FH in 34 I've planned up to and moves penciled in until then. Thank god for FPL.team to do all the heavy lifting.

Yes sorry I should have said, the plan would be to hang on to Bailey and sell someone more expensive then to be able to get the big hitters back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Will more than likely WC this GW. Gonna be some headache getting a team that I like! I had Kelleher in an earlier draft but apparently Alisson is back in 3 weeks.

Kelleher, Ederson
    Gabriel, Gusto, Porro, Lascelles, Maguire (or other 4.2m)
    Saka, Salah, Son, Palmer, Lukić (or other 4.3m)
    Solanke, Haaland, Darwin

My defence and midfield are pretty template and I'm happy to stick with them I reckon. No idea what GKs to pick.

The huge dilemma I have is deciding which two to pick between these: Solanke, Watkins, Isak, Darwin, Foden. They all have a mix of form and great fixtures. I see a lot of drafts without Foden, but I'm kinda scared to go without him.

Post edited by sheroman01 on

if I had to pick just one from those five I’d pick the one that’s going to give me the least hassle which is Solanke.

I do love Liverpool’s fixtures so Darwin would be my second choice.

Yeah, I updated my team there actually. Foden's good fixtures are sandwiched between the Madrid CL games so he could get rested. Happy to go without him now. Solanke's fixtures are really good, and hopefully he's still on pens. Watkins will probably come back to haunt me like he always does!

I'm looking at something like this myself now. Although I have done up a Haaland-less draft and it does look a bit more appealing overall as a team, but a lot more risk and it basically locks in the Salah perma-cap and then a struggle to fit Haaland in when his DGW arrives.

I won't be FH'ing in 34 so I'll probably be BB then too.

that’s a lovely draft. Bradley might need replacing at some stage but Dubravka definitely will as Pope will be back playing around GW 35 but you may be happy for both of them to finish the season on your bench.

If you can afford to sell Son in GW 34 for Eze and still have the funds to get him back then that looks a good option.

Ya Son → in 34 is the plan alright. I was half thinking of someone like Odegaard/Havertz/Martinelli but Eze is defintely a short term punt option.

I'll also be BB in 34 so only really need Bradley up until then and can bench him after that, and I'm really targeting the next couple games really.

The Pope comeback is the big one really. Will he be back for for 37 and the DGW? If he is, then maybe Petrovic to come in instead?

the timelines for recovery would have him back for GW 35. So definitely before 37.

He’ll be desperate to prove his fitness before the international summer tournament.

• Advertisement

i think it's worth the risk us with pope, if he's back it's a -4 to get a double GW goalie come 37

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

What are people doing that still jabs WC,BB and free hit? Would like to freshen up my team with WC now but reading best plan is to FH 34 WC 35 BB 37?

Team is

Martinez (Dubravka)

Coufal Udogie Doughty Roerslev Kilman

Salah Maddison Bailey Son (Saka)

Solanke (maupay,morris)

7.9m ITB

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Have WC, BB, TC and FH.

Not sure of best strategy.

Could WC this evening, fill up on DGW34 players, could TC or BB, TC on Salah is appealing.

FH DGW37.

I will still have either a TC or BB left.

Anyone else in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Very very template, unsure on Bradley or Branthwaite but will go with the more attacking, and Darwin is a troll but lots of points potential here I think.

Havertz to Foden, Darwin to Hoijland planned. BB37, FH34

Petrovic, Onana

Bradley, Gusto, Gabriel , Udogie, Lascalles

Salah, Havertz, Son, Gordon, Palmer

Darwin, Isak, Haaland

Chasing leads need to differentiate team - going with this team - 11 Home players this week which I think is a first for me

Neto

Romero, VVD, Gusto

Salah, Son, Foden, Ricky, Palmer

Jackson, Haaland

Dubravka, Trusty, Branthwaite, Mubama

I haven't been playing much attention to DGW in the future etc, and my use of FH and TC were failures so not much point planning to far ahead as it's really down to luck most of the time in any case. Going against Saka might bite me but I've been on the right side of of his blanks and purple patch

I get that you're looking for differentials but you'll be pulling your hair out with Jackson. Him nor Chelsea are reliable. Everyone will be going for a mix of Solanke, Watkins, Haaland, Darwin, Isak. Someone who is going under the radar is Toney. Brighton and Sheffield Utd both at home in the next three games. Could be a great differential.

One rival had 8 players the same - the other was 6 - like I’m never catching them unless I do something alternative. Jackson had decent form going into the game week and should have scored against 10 men Burnley - was hmm and hawing between Jackson and Darwin so we’ll see how many Darwin scores today. Interest has been waning a bit recently it’s like 1 step forward 5 back, but we keep grinding away

I held off on WC30, but pulled the trigger now. Luckily Haaland stayed quiet!

Current draft:

Petrović, Kelleher
    Gabriel, Gusto, Porro, Burn, Richards
    Saka, Salah, Son, Palmer, Lukić
    Solanke, Haaland, Darwin

0.7m itb.

I hate that I have Petrović in goal cause I do not trust Chelsea but with two doubles coming up and his price, it must be done.

My plan would be:

In GW32 I'll do Darwin>Isak.

In GW34 I'll FH.

In GW35 I'll do Lukic>Gordon and Solanke>Muniz.

I'll then have some funds to bring in City assets, and hopefully BB in DGW37. I'm happy to BB in any given gw where I've a strong bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

On WC myself. Any thoughts on getting Diaz as your other attacking option instead of Darwin?

Cheaper, more nailed(?), a nice differential and been pretty consistent over the last while. Muniz a good enabler albeit no doubles upcoming.

Think I might prefer him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,839 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The only criticism I'd give towards an otherwise very strong looking team, is that it doesn't look too well set up for BB37

Advertisement