Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcards discussion during FPL 23'/24'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

• Registered Users Posts: 37,517 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

He's tied third on form currently. Only Solanke and Wood have better form figures.

Two of those five games were against City and Arsenal.

He has a very nice run of fixtures over the next eight gameweeks.

The fact that wood has better form tells you how poor he has been in last while. Yes his fixture turn but it’s not as if the teams he was playing are keeping CS every game. If you have kept hIn for the last 5 games - how many more do you give him before jumping off the train? if he gets to say 3 goals on 10 games - are you happy with that return?

Who are you getting in, Wood or Solanke?

Can you tell me why you are going to keep players who've scored less and are in worse form?

I’m not on WC. For what it’s worth my forward line is Haaland, Solenke and Cunha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cheers...Odegaard has turned into Bowen, and Gabriel into Estupinian.

Will probably sell Salah then for an Arsenal mid

Why have you Haaland? There's no guarantee he's even close to fitness. He's definitely out on Saturday.

The FPL site are predicting he'll be back on 13th January.

If Estupinian is fit to start he’s great buy especially if they keep some CS

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Yeah, upcoming BHA fixtures are nice.

For sure. I'd wait until after the West Ham game though. Two reasons, first to see if he starts and West Ham have only blanked once since October and are in great form.

• Advertisement

Because I’m happy with the other front 7 players and don’t want to waste two transfers selling and buying him back - I’ve done fairly well since he’s been out so has worked out fairly well.

Fair enough but it's likely you'd have .2 or so more to play with if you dropped him. . He's dropped .1 already and there'll be mass hysteria amongst the casual fpl players when he doesn't play this weekend. It might even happen before then if they read he's not playing.

Any thoughts on the optimal goalkeeper combo?

Have Raya and Dubravka atm but not quite settled 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I'm on my wildcard and I have gone for the Areola/Fabianski combo. Both cheap and you can set and forget.

My team now looks like ::

Areola Fabianski

Saliba TAA Porro Estu Doughty

Saka Bowen Palmer Foden Sarr

Solanke Watkins Alvarez

Have serious Salah fear this week but I wanted to be fully set up for the next 4-5 weeks and so I can be reactionary to any injuries or news on haaland returning. Have loads of money in the bank to get him back easily

Settled on this ... Moreno instead of Konsa the final switch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭macraignil

With a headline that Haaland is not even in the squad for the FA cup game and lots of other flagged players that mean I'm unlikely to have a full team available for next game week I'm thinking of playing the second wildcard with the following changes giving me a 0.9mill in the bank after bringing in Porro, Emerson, Estupinan, Doughty, Douglas Luiz and Gross for Gabriel, Senesi, Robinson, Maguire, Olise, and Garnacho. Lets me feel a bit safer leaving Haaland and Salah on the bench if they are unavailable and I can downgrade a striker if I want to get Son back again. I know its playing the second wildcard early but it is a long way to a double game week to target and I think my current team is in trouble for a few weeks without playing it. Any advice appreciated.

Edit: always liked to play an early wildcard so pushed the button and gone for Gusto and Richarlison instead of Emerson and Gross in the list of changes above. Could still go for Diaz instead of Richarlison and have nothing left in the bank but will leave it a while now before making any final changes.

Post edited by macraignil on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Anyone tempted by an early WC?

Could have 12 DGWers in 25, a full 11 in 26 and a good shot at fielding 11 in 29

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Haven’t had much time to look at it or think about it but what you’ve laid out looks very appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

I've only taken a quick look at it. My team was in a bit of a mess with injuries, so decided to pull the trigger.

Deciding which keepers to go for is one of the most difficult decisions. The above maxes out my budget. This one means I can likely get to at least 10 players for BGW29 with free transfers alone.

I've done a Salah draft as well, but it means losing Saka. Will refine it a bit more before the deadline.

The most obv question based on the players you have is who do you bench in GW25? - assuming you’re playing those with DGWs?

Chances are you won’t want to bench Arsenal assets against Burnley?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

It comes down to the 4 BRE/LUT players. It's a fairly horrible double for both teams. I'd effectively be playing 1 from Reguilon/Doughty and 1 from Barkley/Maupay.

Also, barring Doughty, none of those players are exactly nailed in my team. Maupay could become Adebayo, Barkley could be Garnacho. One thing I've learned from past seasons is not to ignore a SGW player with a good fixture over doublers with poor odds of returns.

There will be a lot of rearranging the deck chairs going on before settling on a final strategy.

I'm looking at:

Kaminski/Flekken

VVD, Gabriel, Pau, Reguillon, Doughty

KDB, Foden, Jota, Barkley, Douglas Luiz

Darwin, Toney, Haaland.

Opens up a possibility of a GW25 BB.

Jota, Darwin to Solanke, Bowen in 26

Foden to Son in 27

Virgil to Udogie in 28

Would give me 12 DGWers in GW25, 11 in GW26, 4 Doublers in GW28 and 11 in GW29

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭COH

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

My team is "alright", bar a disastrous gw this weekend, mainly down to poor captain pick.

Looking at this for my wildcard:

Leno Pickford

Branthwaite Bradley TAA Doughty Trippier

Bailey KDB Foden Palmer Jota

Adebayo Toney EBH

That is potentially 9 dgw players for dgw 25, though I have concern with Pep Roulette, how Bradley recovers, and TAA being taken off after 45 today.

for Blank GW26, I'll have 9, no hits.

Pickford

Trippier Branthwaite (Transfer in another def)

Bailey KDB Foden

Haaland Toney

I'll use the free hit chip for blank gw29

Thoughts?

Yes, I went for it. Going ok so far, bar benching Reguillon! 60 with Gabriel and Douglas Luiz to go.

Can either BB or TC next week. I’ll probably BB as I have 12 players doubling.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,457 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Edit: Wrong thread

Post edited by extra gravy on

Thinking of playing this GW but only if I know Salah is back.

My main conundrum is whether to go 352 with KDB or 343 with Watkins.

I can obviously have a nicer defence with Watkins but that seems a waste with lack of clean sheets.

If I did go with Watkins I suppose I could have a stronger 5th mid.

So, KDB or Watkins for the remainder of the season ?

ps, I will definitely be using FH in 29 so that won’t influence my use of WC.

Dunno why you can't just have both based on the price of certain players like Palmer/Luiz - dont' really need a very pricy 5th midfielder

Both KDB and Watkins ?

Can’t afford both as prioritising other players so would have to choose one.

Saka, Son, Salah and Palmer are locked into midfield for me.

Haaland and Solanke locked in up front.

So that leaves financial room for one of KDB or Watkins and that decision will dictate my formation.

Have to say I’m leaning strongly towards Watkins over KDB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭COH

Watkins is the highest scoring player in the game and is guaranteed to play 90mins and play every game. KDB is neither of those things and an injury risk. Pretty straight forward decision if you ask me

Advertisement