Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2024 - Primary Debates, News, Etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 DirectorKrennic

Is Trump gonna win the GOP nomination? His poll lead right now is massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,865 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ted Cruz was the frontrunner and winner of the Iowa caucus in 2016.

Rick Santorum won in 2012.

Mike Huckabee won in 2008.

If Trump wins Iowa the world can breathe easy.

DeSantis is as corrupt as they come

Nimrata insists we are not a racist country but she had to change her name to fit in around here. Last year during the runoff election she called for the sitting black american US senator of Georgia to be deported. She's vile. Ran out of her South Carolina governorship to be Trump's UN ambassador then in less than a year iirc abruptly quit that job too, under the auspice of reporters asking her about unannounced gifts she received in the form of private jet travel (see what's going on with the Supreme Court). By vacating the governorship it went to Henry McMaster, who won the seat again, proceeding to call for Democrats to be hunted down with dogs.

Vivek is some kind of plant, he has no path to the presidency. His campaign is centered around legalizing pot and pardoning donald trump to "heal the country," he still denies the 2020 election results and has denied but been caught out spreading conspiracy theories about federal agents on the 9/11 planes. Also unironically retweets shirtless photos of himself, the type of thing you might see Putin or other wannabe autocrats do, just a part of the playbook.

https://www.mediaite.com/?s=vivek

Doug Burgum is a total nobody, and Asa Hutchinson lacks a clear base.

Tim Scott is a fairly dubious politician also. He won his senatorship talking about his experience as a black man in America, getting profiled and pulled over constantly etc. and often plays up his blackness when it is convenient (see his "Keep Yo Money" campaign), but when criticizing his democratic rivals, tends to insist they must be crazy, how could they think this was a racist country, etc.; he has deep pocket interests in trying to ensure the education system gets privatized.

Chris Christie is the person worth watching to night but hell would freeze over to get my vote given how long it took him to detach himself from donald trump (it took Trump's defiant "we did win this election" speech the night Biden was announced the winner, about 4 days after the vote, and after almost a full Donald trump term in office), says he couldn't imagine pardoning Trump.... BUT, maybe if he was 'treated unfairly by the proceedings' - which could mean anything. They have been friends for decades, fellow new yorkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

I'm hoping for Christie to come in like a Sinaloan cowboy with a golden machine gun. The guy can debate. Ramaswamy will try and shout his way to a few extra percentage points. Kudos to anyone who calls out his fraud of investors which got him his fortune or anyone pulling out the golden arrow, which is repeatedly referring to Trump as a 'convicted sex offender'. I'm surprised Christie hasn't gone there yet. It would definitely lower Trump's lead if he did.

No matter what happens, Fox News predetermines that viewers will be getting corralled away from having to hear more of Chris Christie's Bobby Hill Shennanigans than they absolutely have to

Vivek talking about removing preferential funding to Israel, pardoning Snowdon and Assange, 'giving' Russia parts of Ukraine as if the U.S. owned Ukraine, moving the Taiwanese chip industry to the U.S. and letting China have Taiwan is just amateur hour stuff. He's just angling for a V.P. spot with an eye on a shot at the presidency at the following election. It's sad that humans with his character are even making the stage tonight.

• Advertisement

Exactly what I'm hoping for from Chris Christie.

In 2016 he went against his natural instincts and decided to play the sensible politician. He then sucked up to Trump hoping to become VP.

Tonight he has f*ck all to lose so should just go up there and ride the arse off everyone. He's by far the funniest, most charismatic and best debater up there.

I've just talked myself into throwing a few quid on him to be the nominee and to win the presidency.

You mentioned so much that I missed, that's why I just link to the search for him now, it's so many things and all of them as you said, looking to demand attention.

I forgot to mention Pence in my post but I guess I'm still having a brain aneurysm that he still says he would support Donald Trump if he's the nominee.

It wouldn't be a bad bet. Someone referred to him a few weeks ago as a 'guy who'd challenge you to a barfight'. Keep in mind that the combined number of percentage points of 'never trumpers' and undecided within the republican voters make it possible for a non maga candidate win. Christie could take Biden, he's the only person apart from Trump that could get close, I think.

Had to give my email address to fox news to tune in. Stepping into the bubble again, as they all complain about Biden's "Dark Brandon" ad spend

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4166356-dark-brandon-ads-backing-abortion-rights-swarm-foxnews-com-ahead-of-debate/

He has even spent money to advertise directly on Fox News.

Nobody says Let's Go Brandon anymore hmm.

Sean Hannity acting as the pillow talk surrogate already. Who needs an official campaign surrogate in the spin room when you have Sean Hannity.

Time to (literally) throw the popcorn in the microwave.

• Advertisement

I'm out of microwave bags and I aint whipping out the stove kernels for this, hardly a special enough ocassion.

I can't see Trump coming up with anything that would win him new voters on the Tucker interview on X. He's going to be severely muted by his lawyers, so it'll be heavily contained drivel, compared to the usual crap.

Doug Burgam was originally thought to skip tonights debate because he was hospitalized this morning for a basketball sprain/injury. He bought his way on to the stage in a very Pay to Win manner, nothing to do with democratic popularity, he got on the debate stage because "I'm rich":

But he's hit the stage now for press photos.

America might have been ready to elect a black president but I strongly suspect they're not ready to elect a woman president no matter how strong the character, sadly. I believe Nikki Haley is wasting her time, unless she's aiming for a possible prominent cabinet position.

And the elephant in the room is Trump's base will probably not accept a non white president. Nikki, Scott, Vivek, etc. are at best, running for the VP slot.

More cheers for Doug Burgam than Asa Hutchinson or Chris Christie - both of whom highly critical of Trump. Both were boo'd by audience during their introduction.

Absolutely. Vivek peddling conspiracy nonsense is a desperate attempt to get the junior ku klux klan to see past his skin color.

The first question is 'Biden Derangement Syndrome' about Bidenomics, featuring biden clips and hand selected man on the street interviews. They're still introducing the question, quoting "Rich Men North of Richmond" a trending song that they are trying to fake-grassroots I guess.

Q: "Why is this song striking such a nerve in this country right now?"

I've never heard it.

Ron: "we need to send joe biden back to his basement!" /woo! "Hunter Biden's paintings! /woo. "Energy dominant!" "I will not let you down! /pause for photo, Genuine Smile.exe"

Christie: "We need to get a majority in the Congress" "I got the vote in a blue state" "I got the experience" "we cut taxes and debt in NJ" "Truth and Accountability to Fight Waste" "Your children and grandchildren are being robbed etc" /cheers

Scott: "We need to cut off the spigot TM"

Moderator: But you approved $4.4T during the Trump administration?

Scott: "....bbbut Covid ;_: don't you know we had unemployment at all time lows before biden had them at even aller time lows? INFLATION!!!"

etc.

Vivek completely ignores the question and shouts into an introductory speech that I'm sure you'll see in a viral moment for being somewhat cringey, coked/caffeinated to hell, and 'whos this guy with the funny naming' himself because he has to appeal to a base he knows would in any other setting racially profile him.

Scott bringing up helping to write the 2017 tax-cut bill is one hell of move when attempting to attract moderate republicans and indies..

• Advertisement

GOD DAMN!

Nikki Haley brought hot sauce for everyone haha

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Another thread for the Biden and Trump fanatics to hang out 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

His politics and this is been kind is middle of the road Reaganism with a smile.

Pence: "I've been in the hallway, I've been in the white house"

You've been in the basement, you've been in the truck bay, Mike.

Vivek completely ignores the question and shouts into an introductory speech that I'm sure you'll see in a viral moment for being somewhat cringey, coked/caffeinated to hell, and 'whos this guy with the funny naming' himself because he has to appeal to a base he knows would in any other setting racially profile him.

Then has the audacity to attack Pence for sloganeering,

And he literally called for American Revolution. Interesting, that will surely appeal to the moderates /s

Poor moderating and awful questioning so far. Them attacking the non maga candidates are pretty obvious.

Holy heck, Fox News tackling Climate Change,

"How will you calm fears that the GOP doesn't care about climate change?"

Ron: "Let's have the debate [boos - they were asked to show hands not take control from the moderators] on whether climate change is human influenced! The corporate media is unfair to democrats! Biden said no comment?" He's going on a complete tangent on prepared remarks to attack Biden for his Maui response, not actually address the issues of climate change.

Vivek: "The climate change agenda is a Hoax" - Huge crowd boos. Huge crowd boos. Hope in humanity partially restored.

Chris Christie: "I'm sick of [Vivek] who sounds like ChatGPT" Yuge cheers.

Vivek: "Give me a hug just like you did to Obama!" /cringe, crowd doesn't buy in.

Nikki: "We do care about clean air and water but the right way to (yes climate change is real) but we need to tell Chinah to lower her ahmissions" Yes, she's bringing the tabasco sauce.

Moderator: 'Tim Scott are you bought and paid for?' Ouch.

Tim: "as a kid who grew up in poverty" here we go... /zzz "Bring our jobs home from China! 10 million new jobs!" ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Keeps running over time, but the crowd loves the humor of it all.

Ramaswamy definitely angling for vice-presidency.

I thought Christie would come out fighting better than he did. He really needs to shine in the remainder of the debate or his campaign is effectively over. Scott is just too beige. Hutchison totally anonymous, Haley sounds uneducated outside of U.S affairs. Ramaswamy just sounds like a dud political version of Russell Brand. Shrieking nonsense statements. De Santis losing steam. I think this debate will be the beginning of the end for him. Mike Pence may as well call it a day also, he has the personality of an American Pat Kenny.

• Advertisement

How the f*ck have the moderators left DeSantis' anecdotal story about a woman surviving "multiple abortion attempts and left in a pan" go totally unchallenged?

Her grandmother PICKED HER OUT OF A PAN AND TOOK HER TO ANOTHER HOSPITAL?????????

Quite possibly the most outrageous thing ever uttered in a debate anywhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement