Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate My Team Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Ive only made changes to this team about 100 times so far. Any comments are appreciated!!!!

Ramsdale, Areola

Saliba, Estupian, James, Trippier. Kabore

Saka, Salah, Rashford, Almiron, Baptiste

Haaland, Joao Pedro, Osula

• Registered Users Posts: 27,856 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

My new team after the Kane news overnight. 1.5m in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Jesus Titian that’s the weirdest, off script team I’ve seen so far.

You either really know what you fancy and are just owning the players you want or you haven’t been following any preseason FPL chatter.

The fact you have Turner leads me to think you know what you’re doing but of all the picks the Gross pick is confusing me the most.

Do you want major input on here or just a guide ?

Edit - in other words - do you want to be making lots of changes at this stage or fine tweaking ?

I always try to have a few differences compared to the majority of teams and then settle the team down around Christmas when you start to see players get into a run of form.

Kulu scored well last season but missed 15 or so games with injury. Spurs are going to be playing seriously attacking football this season and with Kane now gone I think Post. will adjust the tactics a little and get Son and Kulu playing more like Mane and Salah from a few years ago with Rici being the link man.

Gross had 150+ points last season and with Mac Allister and Caicedo now gone i think he'll be one 9f the main guys to step up this season. Brighton also have great fixtures to open with so potential for a decent score from him early doors.

Tielmans is a bit of a punt but he'll have a point to prove this season after phoning it in last season. I think Emery will give him every chance to be a really explosive box to box midfielder and we know he loves a stroke from distance. Villas fixtures are quite good for the first few weeks as well.

I've always picked Raul early in the season and with there some talk of Mitro looking to move I think Raul has a great chance 9f starting for Fulham.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Son surely be the main man for Spurs now that Kane looks like going, Diaz over Darwin for Liverpool.

Taking a punt on Harry for West Ham, as mentioned earlier, he could do well with dead balls from JWP.

Ferguson perhaps unlikely to start every week though.

• Advertisement

Yeah. So you do know what you’re doing and I love seeing people dontheir own thing and avoid being influenced by ‘the template’

I would question Gross over March or Mitoma because Gross is likely to be playing RB and has seemingly lost penalties too.

To Milner or someone else?

I think he's worth the risk early either way and I can upgrade to an Arsenal midfielder or side step to Rice and upgrade Tielmans if things aren't working.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

^Joao Pedro on pens for Brighton apparently. He's the one currently enabling me to pick Salah and Haaland. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 15,278 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm currently on this, but I'm not exactly very happy with it. I'm not sure what it is, are the funds too spread out, and the players too spread out from different clubs with not enough double ups? Trying to find the transfer routes of the first 3/4/5 GWs and not many apart from Foden -> Liverpool MID if he is not playing.

Flekken Pickford

Estupinan Gabriel Chilwell Stones Botman

Saka Rashford Foden Maddison Mbueno

Haaland Jackson Mubamu

1.0 ITB

The defence (over committing) and Jackson pick are my biggest headscratchers. Jackson could become Watkins but then I can't afford Jota if he does start well and I could only afford Diaz / another 7.5 MID if Foden is not playing.

Maybe I should change Jackson -> Watkins / Foden -> Jota / Botman -> 4.0 ?

or leave it as is and wait to see if Foden starts tonight and react accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I find it's hard to give advice on 'deadline day' without relating back to my own team!

What I'd say is - you seem to have too much tied up in DF especially with Botman. Could downgrade to Beyer/Baldock and keep the extra 0.5.

I'm not sold on Stones tbh or any City DF. I've a plan to get Stones in but it's a wait and see. Their fixtures look quality on paper, the Pep roulette just puts me off and I'd rather 3 at the back that I'm convinced will get the minutes. City's defenders didn't score well last year for various reasons. Cancelo was the only one I ever went with usually due to attacking output.

Foden for the same reason above is why I'm going without him, not nailed and them pursuing Paqueta isn't good for Foden's minutes either. I don't think he'll start tonight judging by what I've seen so you're setting yourself up for a transfer already IMO. I like the Jota pick a lot (I've gone Gakpo) so the 3 transfers you've suggested look spot on. I like Watkins but going to wait and see with him. It's a spot in your team you can be a bit risky with, maybe a double up with Jota/Gakpo for the first 2 GW's and then a swap to Watkins or Jackson in GW3?

• Advertisement

Too much money spread around for my liking.

You’re lined up for a 5-5-2

I don’t like any City players, except Haaland, as I’m just fed up not knowing who’ll play. I think I can find similar scoring players that will start every game.

No, definitely appreciated.

I think the Foden one is inevitable really. Agree on his limited minutes centrally with Paqueta, and Pep seems to like Silva at RW now. I'm very dependent on team news this evening because I want a City differential against a promoted side as everyone will have Haaland. Foden always carries the haul threat, but the benching risk at the same time.

The Stones/Botman ones I am actually open to. I had thought that the DEF had too much money tied up in it anyways. I might keep a hold of Stones as he is somewhat secure (Pep, I know). Some talk that Dias is missing tonight for Man City with a head injury, and Gvardiol is cheaper but too risky for minutes just yet. I do have a planned Estupinan transfer for GW3 or GW4 so don't want to commit to too many DEF transfers either.

Botman -> 4.0 allows me to do Jackson-> Watkins and then decide between Foden (or 7.5) to a 7.5 or 8.0 (Jota) tonight or eventually.

When you think something, but don't want to admit it, and then someone else says it so it must be true!

Ok, time to take money out of defence. I'm playing 3-5-2 anyways, so I definitely need to bring money out of DEF and into MID/ATT.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Who's the best 4.5 defender option outside the 'big 4' plus Chelsea? See botman in a lot of teams and have him myself currently, but fixtures don't look great. Is Pau a better shout for villa? Or even cash who would provide more attacking threat?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

The real question this year is who is going to be the Andreas Pereira 4.5 mid that we all need to own? On Nakemba atm as he seems most nailed on to play but looking for someone more attacking

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Still sticking on 451 since earlier in the week Option was to switch Martinelli for Watkins (and 4.5 fodders), but I prefer Arsenal to start hot.

Onana

Saliba Chilwell Estupinan Baldock (Kabore)

Salah Rashford Saka Martinelli Mitoma

Haaland

Playing a 4m defender each week is my main concern, good few options this year tho.

Most of the picks pick themselves, gone a bit "talisman" with the main man as I see it for City, Liverpool, Arsenal and United. Might add Richarlison for Martinelli and make it Spurs new main man too. Would allow me the double up with Arsenal defenders for the first few weeks

Pretty confident my only decision is to pick one from - Mitoma, Fernandes or Martinelli.

Anyone got a strong opinion ?

It’s a stand alone decision so no need to consider who else I have re whether I’ve ‘covered’ a team.

Obviously Mitoma comes with 2.0m in the bank which gives future flexibility.

I think I like - Martinelli, Mitoma and then Fernandes which kinda shocks me because Fernandes was one of only four ‘locks’ I thought I had. I’m just being put off not knowing where he’ll play and fears he’ll get a few early yellows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Anyone opposing Estupinan? Will Brighton concede more now that Caicedo is gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I've gone without him, although seeing his ownership at 55%+ is a bit mad, I can't remember who it was but think it was Shaw last season who started at similar %, and quickly fell back.

Given the large number of players and options this season, I wonder is it a mistake using the full 100m budget - is it better holding back some money to see who is starting for each club, whose on form and who isn't? If Son for instance hits the ground running, and you have nothing in the bank, it's likely to be hard to get him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

My question is

salah or Diaz

If it’s Diaz I can get Sonny/Ricki/Maddison and move on Mbeumo

So Salah / Mbeumo

or

Diaz / Spurs

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Was going without EBH, just to be different.

Did have a -4 to get him in if needed, but with Kane all but gone, I've decided to re-jig my team altogether.

Cheap as chips defence.

GK pair gives me these first 6 fixtures, LUT/SHU/WHU/NEW/BUR/BOU and it continues on similar for more GWs too.

Defence is 3/5 with best fixtures.

Still thinking Rashford/Saka to Bruno/Martinelli which will allow Wissa to Jackson.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

It's a great question.

Given how shrewd Brighton are, I'd assume they already have that boxed off and it isn't a massive worry. I am only having Estupinan for the first few GW's so not a massive concern. Ownership is way too high though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I'm without Estupian, Brighton were 17th in the league for goals conceded after Dezerbie came in last year and they have lost MacA and Caicedo since

Those opening 3 games for Brighton are hard to ignore though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Final draft and settled on a strong 15 rather than a strong eleven

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Going to forego Chilwell and keep 0.5m ITB.

Barring any late tweak I'm going with:

Johnstone, Turner

Gabriel, Estupinan, Henry, Ugogie, Baldock

Salah, Saka, Fernandes, Mbeumo, Chukuemeka

Haaland, Watkins, Joao Pedro.

Is Chukuemeka gonna start as I’m seeing him in a few teams ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Had finalised my team last night and it included TAA.

Ripped it to this morning and am on this....

Lack of Arsenal mid may be concerning...

Thoughts suggestions very welcome:

Not likely to start, but will be the most attacking of the 4.5's if he gets on the pitch

• Advertisement

I've spent too long trying to figure out who EBH is. I presume it's not the cyclist Edwin Bossen Hagen

Who is it?

Advertisement