Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate My Team Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

well currently Sancho is predicted to start up front for them opening day: https://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/team-news/ and I mean how much do you trust their other options to play up front? so I can definately see Hojland starting most games if he signs as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,520 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Tierney is a sick note, seems Zinchenko has picked up the virus from him. Look elsewhere for a defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Theres not many cases of a 20 yo starting up front for a top four team in the history of the premier league, nevermind one coming from a different league. Even Rashford started 25%, 50%, 50% over three years before he got up to speed. Sterling was 50%, 75%. Any of the current Arsenal kids were eased in. Haaland is the exception and even he had two more years at Dortmund

Jesus, Saka, Martinelli, Havertz and Mount off the top of my head have all been starters in advanced roles at 21 or under in recent seasons. If you look at positions further back you've got TAA, Reece James and Caciedo as examples. There's many more than that I'm sure.

Hojland at 19 last year was starting in Serie A, he's developed enough already to be a starter in the Premier League. That doesn't mean he will but it certainly doesn't mean he won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Very hard to imagine they’re spending that kind of money for him to only be a bit part player.

I would have assumed he’ll be straight in the team. I wasn’t even thinking he’d be eased in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

My first stab at a draft

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Is Colwill likely to start for Chelsea, seems like a cheap way into their defence at 4.5.

United are away to Spurs and Arsenal in their first four games so I wouldn't go with Onana initially.

I don't know if Colwill gets to start right out of the gate for Chelsea. I think he will be the man as the season progresses but I fancy Chalobah starts the first couple of games.

My own opinion is that Mbuemo is a wait and see option this year. It's going to be a lot different without Toney who he worked so well with.

You have very weak cover for your starters too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Yeah I agree plus I just go back to what are the alternatives... I'm certainly not putting any faith in Martial being #1 like!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Any thoughts on best option from this one....

1) Ferguson and zero in the bank

or

2) Pedro and 0.5 ITB

• Advertisement

Az reckons Pedro is a certainty to start so that would be my choice

I'd take neither,I've a feeling they will cost each other minutes and starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Best 4.5 def?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭macraignil

On Tarkowski in my team at the moment. Did have Botman but Newcastle have a tough enough run of opening fixtures and may change to him in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

• Registered Users Posts: 11,026 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Think I am happy with my first draft:

Flakken Leno

Timber Botman Torres Estupinan Henry

Saka De Bruyne Eze Diaz Garnacho

Haaland Watkins Isak

My only concern is the lack of attacking potential from my backs (don't think Botman scored at all last year and not sure of Torres record), and Garnacho is a gamble as I think Hjolund will be slowly introduced. Went for Diaz as I think he is their most natural fit out the left, but was tempted to go for Gakpo instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Mbeumo’s injury has me thinkering and now considering a move to 4-4-2. An arsenal/united defender probably does get me more points long term than Eze. Or does it?

Team below. My only two other switch’s would be 1) Ramsdale and Shaw instead of Onana and Gabriel, Andreas to 4.5m. or 2) Gabriel to 4m and Andreas to Eze.

Onana Turner

TAA Gabriel Stones Estu (Botman)

Rashford Saka Foden Mitoma (Andreas)

Haaland Darwin (4.5m forward)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Seems risky, with double Brentford(I think will struggle without Raya)in defence, also Isak, KDB, Diaz, Darwin and Garnacho are rotation risks, although I have Garnacho myself.

My own selection:

Pickford, (Areola)

Saliba, Chillwell, Estupinan, (Caldwell, Baldock)

Mbeumo, Salah, Garnacho, Saka, Fernandes,

Watkins, Haaland (Mubama]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Any thoughts? Might dispense with Darwin and Spence is injured I think.

• Advertisement

Alvarez could become Nketiah or Jackson

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

You seem to know what you want so I won’t wreck your head.

It’s good to see something different.

I don’t feel like I’m seeing the savings made in defence in the rest of your team.

The only note I’d give is that I don’t fancy Fulham this year so I’d try and find someone else. Henry comes to mind.

The Fulham pick is purely because it works better than west ham, Palace, spurs and Brentford for that rotation. GWs1, 3 & 6 he's needed

Playing around with a Kane team and I don't hate it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Onana

Gabriel Chilwell Estupinan Stones

Salah Rashford Saka Mitoma Mbeumo

Haaland

Bit of a tried-and-tested XI, bar Onana who always impressed me and is a cheap Top 4 keeper.

Not ecstatic about having two dud strikers on the bench but there's really nobody else I fancy up front. Mitoma/Mbuemo is a bit light but both have ovely fixtures to start.

I reckon with Haaland, Salah, Saka and Rashford I have the main goal threat for each of the Top 4 teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭FantasyFool

First (Rough) Draft and would appreciated any input-

Onana (Pickford)

Stones, White, Estupinan (Mings, Collins)

Odegaard, Barnes, Eze, Bruno Fernandes (Berge- open to any suggestions here)

Haaland, Watkins, Wilson

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Who's your bench and other defender?

I don't mind that team at all although I'm personally not a fan of Mitoma (I know many fancy him) but that could easily be Eze or similar.

It's a very nice looking team overall - have you any worry of trying to get to a second striker if someone does start well? I wanted to start with Jesus and not convinced by anyone else just yet. Feel I'm starting with 2 strikers for the sake of it - Watkins in latest draft and have had Jackson previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Seeing a few teams with Haaland and 2 duds up front. I haven’t put together a draft yet but I have to say that I think the one forward approach is very risky.

If another forward starts well it’s 2 transfers (minimum) to get them in, but I’d be even more concerned about being Pepped. A surprise Haaland rest or unannounced injury and you are playing with 10 players that week.

Tried a no Haaland draft

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

If your going with a team like that I would Pickford to 4.0m, and either Wilson/Watkins to a 4.5 striker - that will leave you 2/3m to take advantage when someone hits the ground running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Nobody of note on bench 4m def and 4.5m fwds

yeah traditionally I’d take a second striker but this year I like Haaland, Kane, Watkins and Wilson and that’s it, nobody at all I think is worth a shot, someone will rise but look at the scores from last year, the FWDs totally underperformed other positions.

Yourself and @Benimar both make the same point about the surprise benching/injury for Haaland, I might go 2 up top eventually hit right now I feel playing for “what ifs” is like the lads you see with 5m defenders on the bench or a strong front 8, seems a wasted use of funds. Makes more sense later in the year IMO

Advertisement