Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate My Team Thread

Options
  • 29-07-2023 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭

This is long overdue- so here is mine

ONana

Estup Trent Zinz Stones

Mitoma Bruno Saka Foden

Haaland Darwin

Areola Mbuembo Bell mcatee

Main issue seems to be Liverpool players, do I want trent or Salah or how balance team around that

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭bodking

I'm personally going without Salah or TAA . I think TAA is way too expensive and he played in a back 4 last match . One to watch for now .

• Registered Users Posts: 37,520 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

What do people think of this? I'm probably going to change it 100+ times before kickoff. 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Looks good to me. Have a simila team but I'm going Chilwell over James, Rashford over Odegaard and zinchenco over Gabriel

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

You're going to have benching headaches every week. You need at least one fodder.

Wouldn't sign Caicedo until you know who he is playing for

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Starting to settle on a team now;

Onana

Estupinan Gabriel Stones

Saka, Bruno, Rashford, Maddison, Mitoma

Jesus Haaland

Areola, Bladock, Colwill, Mubama

£0.5 in the bank.

Any thoughts very welcome, Maddison and no Liverpool are my two reservations, but having watched Ange teams over the last few seasons and the high tariff on both TAA and Salah I'm leaning towards the above.

• Advertisement

Downgrade your sub keeper, one defender (if not two) and Caicedo, not a fan of Eze, think with the fixtures both Mitoma and Mbeumo are more attractive at the same prices. Tarkowski and Pickford is asking for trouble, one Everton defender seems a risk, two is madness.

Nkunku is very interesting, I expect we will probably all own either Nkunku or Jackson by GW3/4 but which one is very debatable, from what I have seen pre-season I would be leaning towards Jackson.

Eze is on penalties, free kicks and often corners.

Everton have three consecutive clean sheets in friendlies and it's Sean Dyche's team with him having had a full pre-season to organise them. Their first four fixtures are Fulham(h), Aston Villa(a), Wolves(h), Sheff United(a). I'll be moving at least one of them on after that. 

I have Steele at the moment but I think I'll probably change that, I'll be looking for someone with a good home fixture in game week 2. Brighton are away to Wolves that week.

I'm on a wait and see position on Brentford without Toney.

Mitoma hasn't looked great in preseason. Caceido finished last season very strongly. He's a young guy who knows a move to a bigger club might come in January or next summer so he'll be out to attract as many suitors as possible.

I agree Jackson has looked good but Nkunku times his runs so well and is so clinical I see him getting off to a great start. I was tempted by Jesus but there's too many great Arsenal options in midfield. Saka in penalties and Odegaard a real threat from set pieces.

That's my thoughts on why I've picked some ahead of others.

I dont think Zinchenko is nailed on this year, Tierney will get plenty of game time.

I wouldnt be certain that Eze is on penalites, if Eduoard can keep his place he is a much better panalty taker imo. I think Palace ewill struggle without Zaha to be honest.

i do agree woith your concerns over Mitoma and he is the most likely to leave my team.

Everton have very nice fixtures and Tarkowski was in my team for a while so i get that, but fixtures or no fixtures Pickford is Pickford and he is atrocious as an FPL asset.

Chelsea are really interesting and their first game or two will have to be forensically examined!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭I see sheep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

He won't, based on pre-season the pecking order at LB seems to be Zinchenko -> Kiwior -> Tierney. Also clear after last season he just doesn't suit Artetas play style.

I'd prefer a Brighton mid to McAllister which is a bit amusing. I don't like Ferguson at all.

Have you money in the bank?

I notice a few people picking Stones. Is he looking certain to start?

Zinchenko hasnt played a single minute in preseason becasue he has been injured, Arsenal have played four differnet players at LB in preseason not including Zinchenko, he is definitly a risk, Saliba and Gabriel far more nailed. Two clubs made offers for Tierney, doubt he agreed to stay if he wasnt given some promise of decent gametime, he is a far better defender than Zincehnko and I reckon he will play in the big away games where Arsenal are not expected to dominate possession, Zinchenko had a poor end to the season.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Has Zinchenko played any of the pre season games yet? I thought he hadnt and was a doubt to be fit for the first game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭I see sheep

No money in the bank no.

Maybe it's my heart ruling my head but Ferguson is a class finisher, he's 6m and there's no 6.5m forward I rate higher. Whoever starts for Chelsea at 7m might be a good option.

McAllister yeah I dunno I might swap him out for Johnson or Gibbs White maybe. But 10 goals last season and I think Liverpool are going to be good this year. There's no midfielder under 6m I like.

I'm assuming Stones will play defensive midfield again, he was excellent in the 2nd half of last season.

Might change my mind again a few times before KO. I had Trent in my team until a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭dasa29

This is my current team

Raya

Botman, Saliba, Digne

Odegaard, Bruno, Mbeumo, Douglas Luiz, Son

Haaland, Darwin

Sanchez, Ings, Mee, Estupinan

£1.0 in the bank.

He's injured atm. My point was more long term Zinchenko is 100% the first choice left back over the course of a season.

Zinchenko started every game when fit last season. Tierney played 27 games total, only 6 as a starter. Even when Zinchenko was injured for the Liverpool game Arteta played Tomiyasu left back ahead of Tierney. Tierney will get some game time, but will be mainly in the Cups or the odd start against a weaker team after a Champions League game. He's not an asset I'd be going near for FPL unless Zinchenko picks up a season ender and he'll rotate in more.

I wasnt advocating Tierney at all, that would be silly! My point was that Saliba and Gabriel at the same price as Zinchenko are far more nailed, Zinchenko is a terrible FPL asset, there is absolutely no logical reason why you would have Zinchenko ahead of either of the CB's

Yeah apologies, I misunderstood. And agree, Saliba & Gabriel are the ones to go for if you want an Arsenal defender. White was great to have last year but I'd expect him to be splitting minutes with Timber this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Current Draft

Martinez Turner

Estup Chilwell Shaw Stones Young

Fernandes Foden Mbeumo Saka Enciso

Haaland Watkins Joao Pedro

1mil in the bank

Keepers: Villa to be solid again this year. Turner may get a move to Forest

Def: Young in for early fixtures. Stones may change. Like what I've seen from Chilwell pre season.

Mid: Foden should see more game time with Gundog and Mahrez gone. Mbeumo looks solid from pre season.

Fwd: J Pedro is my punt on Brighton with Enciso as cover, in case he is introduced slowly to the set up

• Advertisement

Yes, I'm aware that I've spent next to nothing on my defence, that's a lifestyle choice. The players are up for debate but the cost isn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭Damien360

I've spent everything on defense and up front but I'm not happy with midfield at all. Who should be dropped. Am I wasting money on the backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Can see the logic as I’ve a few drafts of minimum spend defences myself.

I do prefer my drafts with and the extra 1-2m spread over my defence but we’re not debating that.

I’d keep hold of Mubama but West Ham haven’t bought any players and that could leave them a bit stale. They also have Europe. I wouldn’t be convinced on Bowen for that reason.

Surprised Botman is not in your defence rotation. I’d also have Konsa on my shortlist. Udogie could be a high reward gamble.

I like Spurs and Chelsea this season from an attacking perspective and especially because they’ll only have one game a week all season. So if you get the right players, that will start, then you shouldn’t have to worry about rotation or European injuries going into a weekend.

I don’t like Saka for this season but I don’t know why as I do think Arsenal should score bag loads of goals.

All that said I wouldn’t try and convince you to sell any of your players. I think if I had to pick a cheap defence I’d have your lot on my shortlist.

Bowen could be your weakest player or maybe he’ll be your best differential. I wouldn’t have him in my team though. I do like four of the 6.5m mids this season and will probably have at least any 2 of them in my team at any one time. Maybe even 3.

Funny, I like Bowen because West Ham won in Europe and I think morale will be high. I also think he's just under priced. For the same money you're looking at March, Eze, Mitoma, Mbeumo, I just think Bowen outscores each of them.

On the defenders, there's an extra 8-10% going to be played in matches this year, it only makes sense there'll be less clean sheets. I also only really trust City to keep them. It makes sense to me to just spend less there.

I broke it into GW1-4 and GW4-8, realistically I'll be WCing by 4 unless things are going great. I had discounted Spurs and Newcastle based on their first 4 but I'll have another look.

Saka is just the safest of those arsenal lads, could be any of them really.

Think I'll go for Alvarez now that Jesus is out. That'll leave me with money to get Rashford instead of Bruno.

I had my best finishes when I spent little in defence but because I’m finding it so easy to put a team together I have money left over for defence.

I’ll definitely have a Spurs attacker.

I’d have Fernandes over Rashford.

I agree Saka is the safest pick from Arsenal. I like Havertz though.

Money will be no problem this year. Again. And by the time GW 5 or 6 comes along there’ll be a 5.5m or 6.5m gem that’ll make things even easier, money wise.

I'm the same with the cheap defence, it was my go to. You must have no Salah if you have loads of money?

Would you not wait until GW3 to get a spurs attacker? See what Kane does, who else is in the team. If Hjoberg goes what does that do?

Why would you have Bruno over Rashford?

I reluctantly have Salah. I’ve never really enjoyed him as a player and I think he’s very wasteful but he does consistently rack up the big totals season after season. I also think Liverpool have nothing going on except attack. They’ll probably need to score 3 or 4 each game to win. Darwin is the one I really want but I know his minutes will kill the enjoyment of owning him. I may still go with him, in addition to Salah, early on just in case he clicks. I think he has lots of goals in him.

Whilst I’m a fixtures over form kinda guy I also look to have players in that I think I’ll want long term. Good players score points against good teams too.

Even if I only want a player for 5 gameweeks I’ll get him in early to be ahead of other mangers. In my best years I was selling players just as others managers ‘had seen enough’ to buy them.

I prefer Bruno because I prefer him as a player to watch. Also less injury prone than Rashford. I think Rashford will disappoint this season. He has just got a new contract after all.

If Kane stays I’ll have Maddison and he if goes I’ll have Richarlison.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

My current team:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

I like Rashford a lot but an argument for Bruno would be he is 0.5 cheaper and on penalties. There's also a belief/hope with a new striker coming in (Rasmus Hojlund) that his returns will increase this season as someone up front who can finish off the chances he creates now and could also mean Rashford is subbed slightly more often/earlier.

I'm not locked in on Bruno yet myself as a choice and could well switch to Rashford before Game week 1 by downgrading one of my bench players but I do think Bruno as a choice has potential as well so needs more thought for me before I finalise my own choice on it but I would understand someone going with either player. I've seen some drafts doubling up on them even.

• Advertisement

Is Hojland likely to start? Hard to see how United start a 20 year old

Advertisement