Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate My Team Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Looking at a 3-4-3. All views appreciated.

Johnstone, Turner

Chilwell, Gabriel, Estupinan, Bayer, Baldock

Sakah, Fernandes, Saka, Mbeumo, Nakamba (Chuckuemena if we hear he starts)

Haakand, Watkins, Joao Pedro.

I could also change Estupinan and Bayer to two 4.5s

• Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Is Darwin not nailed on to start? Thought he would be. I was happy with him as a slight differential. Might need to move him to Watkins if he’s not deemed nailed on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Darwin isn’t nailed. Salah, Jota, Diaz and Gakpo are all ahead of him and only 3 will start.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,889 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Whats the thinking with Pedro? he going to start over Ferguson?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

All very valid points and you make a convincing argument for me getting in 2 Everton defensive players ;)

But IMO, I think double Everton at this stage isn't the right way to go, I can understand the reasons made and they may do well. I just feel there are better options and I can't trust Everton to start the season with Dyche or not in the double up. Best of luck if you go with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,856 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Spurs have accepted Bayerns offer for Kane this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,275 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I think I have too much in DEF now (25.5). Is that too much and aim to bring it down to 25?

Is Etupinan-Chilwell-Stones-Gabriel-Botman too heavily invested?

I have the same defence except TAA for Chilwell! I am playing 4-4-2 though. Think your defence is fine. Not many second striker options available so im happy to spend more in defence

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

I'm getting in James for their run from gw2 and may even start him this week.

I will be done a downgrade or 2 as want at least 0.5 ITB as one price change can kill you on future moves.

Bruno may be on chopping block down to an Arsenal Mid and then Saliba / Gabriel down to a 4.5 defender.

Who are you bringing in for James after his GW4 injury?

• Advertisement

Onana (Turner)

TAA Gabriel Stones Estu (Botman)

Rashford Saka Foden Mitoma (Lukic)

Haaland Watkins (4.5m FWD)

Kinda hate how template my team is but feck it it looks solid enough. Have 0.5m ITB. Tempted by going ultra safe and swapping Onana to Ederson and Stones to Shaw. I know people hate the Ederson option but he’s safe and I think they’ll be better defensively this season. Also think Stones high ceiling is exaggerated a bit too. But let’s see!

Been toying around with a lot of drafts and planning transfers into the first few GW's and have settled on the below. Don't think I'll change too much from this unless we hear something extraordinary.

3-5-2 to start GW1. 0.5 ITB

Onana - I quite like United's fixtures and feel he'll get saves and bonus. Set and forget.

Turner - starting keeper at 4.0 in case of emergencies.

Gabriel - I like Arsenal's opening fixtures and pfefer Gabriel to Saliba.

Estupinan - probably the one I'm not overly keen on but have him in due to high ownership. hard to look past their opening 3 fixtures and will most likely swap to Stones before GW3.

Chilwell - Chelsea are an unknown quantity this year. Difficult opening fixture on paper but Liverpool's left hand side could be got at for attacking returns.

Colwill - cheap 4.5 and I like Chelsea's fixtures for a potential double up in GW3/4/5

Beyer - playing 4.0 DF in case of emergency

Saka - disappointing end to 2023 season but can see past that, great opening fixtures and expect Saka to be at the heart of them starting well.

Martinelli - doubling up on Arsenal. Prefer Martinelli to Odegaard and 0.5 cheaper. Lower ownership and high ceiling.

Rashford - like United's opening fixtures and hopefully recreate last seasons form.

Fernandes - same as above, could be a season keeper. Expecting a big season with captaincy too.

Mitoma - good opening 2 fixtures and projected high ownership, will look to swap around GW3 to a Newcastle MD or Mbuemo depending on his start

Haaland - nothing more to be said

Gakpo - I like Gakpo as a differential to start the season. Liverpool could be kamikaze football this year where they score and concede in equal amounts. Want Liverpool cover for the Bournemouth game and have no Salah. Minutes a concern but he should start the season. Will swap to Jackson potentially for GW3.

Mubama - FWD fodder. Hopefully gets some minutes.

Tried a draft with Alvarez & Jota instead of Mitoma & Gakpo. Feels a bit more dodgy minutes wise so gone for the safer option to start the season rather than being overly risky.

I like your idea of the Chilwell & Colwill double up for those games in 3/4/5.

Just thinking out loud here the switch of Estupinan in 4 -> Colwill would give me 1.0 ITB for elsewhere moves. most likely to which ever 6.5 - 7.5 - 8.5 is performing / not performing and planned transfers and starting 11s. Most involve me switching a DEF, where I have a lot of money tied up. I'm starting to think, why am I bothering with Gabriel and should start with Colwill from the start (double Chelsea DEF) and then upgrade my 6.5 MID for someone like Martinelli or 7.5 to Bruno instead.

FOMO!

Colwill only being 4.5 allows a bit of a gamble should he be dropped. Gives us some time to evaluate and there are some other good 4.5 options to jump on if it all goes títs up.

I made the mistake last year of going too big at the back and trying to steer away from that this year. Keeping it to 2 big 6 DF's, 5.0 & 4.5 that can rotate if needed and then 4.0 fodder.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭Cartman78

🚨 Essential Player Alert 🚨

Is Richarlison now essential?

Surely he plays up top for Spurs for a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

• Registered Users Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I have a feeling that I'll be activating the Wildly early this year so will give him a chance at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭crushproof

Well looks like Harry is now staying, what a wild story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Fire at will. To be honest, work got super busy over the last week, so I haven't had the brain capacity to deal with FF.

Jose Sa

Robertson Tsimikas Ward

Salah Trossard Gross Eze March

EBH Vinicius

Subs: Foderingham Wilson Mings Webster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

My effort

I'm still undecided over a few, keep flipping between Foden and Grealish. I think Foden will score more goals if starting but it's hard to know how often he plays.

Enciso must surely get a lot more game time especially with MacAllister gone and is only 5.5M.

Garnacho could be anything, if he starts the first few games his ownership will shoot up.

I've 5m left so also pondering whether to swap Odegaard to Salah or keep it in the bank to see how things pan out in the first few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Both Ferguson and Enciso are too much of a rotation risk for me, one is worth the risk but not both in my eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Anyone keeping Harry in? Could be a good punt with extra motivation to score if he is staying?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I also got impression he had no interest moving abroad, otherwise it would have happened by now.

Double Liverpool defence is very risky, especially when they both play in the same position, so only one will play. And even then, Robbo is playing more of a LCB now, as opposed to his old LW type role. I'd get rid of both tbh.

You need some Arsenal, Man Utd & Man City starters IMO. Haaland doesn't count.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭dasa29

This is my current team

Fabianski

Botman, Saliba, Mings

Saka, Bruno, Mitoma, Douglas Luiz, Son

Haaland, Darwin

Sanchez, Ings, Mee, Tarkowski

£2.0 in the bank.

Have 4 mil in the bank, that is to make Bernardo, debryune in a few weeks or odegard to Salah.

I'm not in love with it bench is a little bare.

Bernardo is a bit of a punt, but with debryune injured and pep liking a left footed out right he should get enough game time.

Might be ptsd from last season but Brentford is a hard game for a team new to playing expansive football and they will go right for spurs from the off have a decent run of games after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭skippy15

At least its not template, apart from Salah and Eze I think its quite poor for a lot of reasons- bin it

Might be better of copying something templatey on here or you could be playing catch up the whole season

• Registered Users Posts: 37,663 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Why are people so keen on Stones? Where do you see him playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭skippy15

Think it's a solid team, like the Chilwell stones pick at the back, I keep flicking between them-

Think Bernado is great player just not a great FF player, if want a city risk I think Foden or Alvarez are well worth a punt instead even with pep roulette

• Advertisement

City will score lots of points this season, stones is one of the few players who seems nailed on, so if you want a stress free (as is possible with pep) city player it's him, all the rest can be rotated out and gvardiol will be coming in at some stage.

Plays cb or dm or both depending on the game

Advertisement