Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2023/2024 €50 Draft League H2H

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

That is my first draft league win on 5th or 6th attempt. Sorry CSF and Trimm Trabb, you lads had great scores too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Congrats, I’ll be in touch shortly to sort you out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

just a note for next year, maybe €50 for 2nd, to keep interest in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

I think something more creative than that or else go back to classic scoring. Maybe a bonus league for the last quarter of the season or something.

I wouldn’t have won anyway but I was trying to the end and it’s quite frustrating to be relying on other players who have no incentive to set up their team or make drafts.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

From memory the H2H format made the league much closer than classic scoring.

Unfortunately every year people stop playing (understandably) at some stage. I don’t know what we can do about that.

I did suggest, one year, that if someone decides to drop out of the league that they could swap out all their players for duds and put the good players back into the player pool. We did say we’d talk about it (as we couldn’t do it mid season without agreeing to it from the start) but we never revisited it.

I’m not sure it would even make a big difference but it could add something.

I originally started it as a WTA league because I always believe the overall winner should be rewarded and especially in such a small league.

At least for next season we have agreed to have the draft after the transfer window has closed so that will be something different that might make it more competitive.

• Advertisement

What my other draft league does to keep people occupied is it has a prize for the highest individual week score

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Interesting.

Was it deemed a success ?

It does make sense if the ‘runner up’ prize was to be €50 for the highest weekly score.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Yea it's a good way of maintaining engagement until the last week.

it doesn’t stop people from dropping off completely, but it does help.

Advertisement