Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2023/2024 €50 Draft League H2H

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,842 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Still 7, but the lad above has reached out to me for payment details so that should make it 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Well hopefully we get one more paid up by Tuesday so we can have an even number.

mirwillbeback paid up there, so I guess he should join the league on site shortly

8 in now. Haven’t heard back from gerp55. I guess if he does sign up we will try push hard for a 10th person to keep it at an even number, although I guess it’s not a complete disaster if average is in the league (would prefer avoid it for sure)

Yeah. Ideal world we’d have and even number. An odd number is not the end of the world.

it surprises me every year that this is the slowest league to fill up. I think it’s a much better game.

Also a shame we couldn’t hit 10 or 12 to make it more difficult.

• Advertisement

We are indeed at 9 now. Would be great if we could get a 10th person.

Ha.

How do we generate interest ?

Are there any likely forum users we can @ ?

Draft starts in 59 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭duefrine

duefrine - 1078503

I am in.

Team ID wouldn’t be applicable here, as it’s done on the draft site.

Paypal me on the 50 euro and I will PM you on the code ahead of tomorrow nights draft

• Advertisement

Perfect, we have our 10 lads

Hoping I get 1st, 2nd or 6th, 7th pick.

Whomever gets 3rd or 4th pick has a big Kane guess to make.

Has anybody decided to not pick him regardless of their position in the first round ?

If I get 3rd or 4th pick I think I’d have to chance it and pick him.

It really did look like he was leaving until about 1-2 days ago. Now it seems 50-50.

Actually have no idea what his draft position is now. I need to spend the day thinking about that. Someone is either getting their season burnt or made by him probably. Tonight is the night lads!!

First time playing the draft, go easy on me 😁,... haven't felt like this in a long time about a deadline....

Learning on the fly,

Good luck to everyone,

If Kane was definitely staying I could make a case for him to be 1st pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Me too !

One more question - so no two teams can have same player, so if a player sells Haaland on Wednesday, does he become available for someone else to sign him for that GW ? And is that done on a draft basis, as in one week one team has 1st pick?

I'm confused but excited. Reminds me of losing my virginity :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

He is locked for the rest of the gameweek. Everyone is free to try sign him for the following week instead of one of your other forwards - but the player bottom of the league has the first pick, the player second from bottom in next and so on..

Id suggest going on to the draft website today and signing up for a public draft and doing a practice run just so you know what you’re doing for tonight.

There is no budget (or limit to players from any one club) so you wouldn’t be ‘selling’ Haaland. You’d be swapping him for either a player that’s available from the unpicked player pool or maybe you could offer him in a swap deal to another manager in the league.

The lowest placed team in the league gets first dibs on waivers. Then second lowest and so on

So if in 2 weeks Chelsea sign Neymar and you are positioned last in the league then you can get him in that weeks waivers.

You’ll quickly learn the waiver system once we are up and running. If you’re anything like me you’ll learn more from actually doing it than reading it. And we’ll keep you straight for the first couple of weeks re answering questions you may have.

ps, once the draft is over then pop back in here in a couple of days and ask about the waiver system, after you’ve had a tinker with it, and we’ll further explain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Thanks Lads.

Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Looks like I'm playing a match tonight and I'll miss the draft so I'm gonna have to set up a decent watch list.

It’s a late one so surely you’ll be back for a lot of it if not all? Unless you’re in a different time zone that is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I thought it was 830pm for some reason, I'll be back by 930pm so yea I'll be home. I just spent 20 mins creating my (long) shortlist so at least I've done a bit of prep now.

Best of luck to whoever gets 3rd pick.

Don’t forget to ‘enter the draft room’ to the left of the countdown

I would say I’m getting a striker through waivers later, away from really liking my team. Much harder with 10 people to find depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Got first pick and the robot, didn’t work for Klopparama last year although could struggle in defence.

Martinez,

Pau, Lindelhof, AWB

Luis Diaz,MGW, Mitoma, Garnacho, Mbuemo,

Haaland, Wilson

Subs: Raya, DCL, Hickey, Royal

Defo much better with 10 managers over the 8 we had last year.

Much better spread of players so no real standout team.

Patmac has done well on first viewing and not just because of Haaland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

The strikers went quick!

Someone went very early for Tyrone Mings!

Advertisement