Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2023/2024 €50 Draft League H2H

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

I could struggle to get 11 out for first gameweek. Might not even have a keeper !

• Registered Users Posts: 32,844 ✭✭✭✭CSF

You’ll be surely heartbroken to get the first pick in the early waivers if that transpires.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

Happy enough. Hopefully pep uses Alvarez more this year

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭duefrine

My first ever draft, happy enough, I was 9th on the first pick.... Can't wait till the g.w. starts...

Question - when is the next draft ?

Gerp99 has keepers boxed off and good defence. Decent midfield and Alvarez an interesting one.

Mirwillbeback good defence but will need Isak to stay fit to field a striker. KDB always a reliable source.

Patmac defo has my favourite team. Wil be early favourite and, again, not just because of Haaland.

Trimm Drafts with a very good team maybe lacking a striker but very strong regardless. He’s a bit of a knob though for picking Kepa 😁

Dearg with a very nice team too. The Spurs keeper will be racking up the saves ! Like the balance of the team

Sands81 good team again. Well balanced and if Darwin clicks …

Degan55 with probably my second favourite team.

CSF with a real nice team too. Maybe Third best ?

coffee wearing off now ….

• Advertisement

Missed out duefrine. Solid enough team. Might benefit from any new transfers into the league before transfer deadline.

Aye. What do you know about Mings @mirwillbeback ? What round did you draft him ? Was it a finger slip pick ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

It was indeed - was down to 2 secs and panicked. Im a villa fan too, i know just how bad he can be!!!!

Also, mad to think a player who is banned til Jan was a better pick than some lads on 50k a week who are purely team fillers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

• Advertisement

As Dearg81 said, that’s it for the big draft.

Now you should get used to the ‘transactions’ tab which is in the ‘more’ tab where you can also see our league and under the league you can see the upcoming H2H’s and previous results.

In ‘transactions’ you can see all the players and who owns them. You can try and trade directly with other managers but this doesn’t happen very often but it does happen.

It’s complicated because if I want your defender I’ll have to offer you my defender (who I want to get rid of for a reason like he’s **** or I don’t like him) and then offer you the carrot of a good midfielder, for example, one of your shittier midfielders.

So someone might offer Chilwell and Bissouma for Veltman and Martinelli. The swap is really Chilwell for Martinelli but because they play different positions you can’t do a straight swap.

also when in ‘transaction’ you can simply check ‘show available’ and it will show you the pool of players that are available so you don’t have to negotiate with other managers. You can do this right now. So if you accidentally drafted a turd you can swap him out for one of the players in the ‘available pool’ of players because nobody owns them.

Finally, the waivers are the exact same as the above paragraph BUT they are allocated to the worst placed team in the league so this is only relevant after gameweek 1.

So if, for example, Watkins got injured and Archer was definitely going to play for the next 10 weeks then we would all try and get him on the ‘waiver’ but the lowest placed team in the league, that tries to sign him, will get him.

You can try for as many waivers as you want each week.

Waivers are processed 24 hours before the deadline for that week so you can pop in and see if you got your man. If you didn’t then you have the next 24 hours (or up til the GW deadline) to swap in any player you want from the ‘available pool’ of players.

Hope that is not too confusing and helps the newbies. Again, doing it may be easier than reading it.

This is usually the way. I was 4th pick and KDB had gone 3rd.

Mirwillbeback, did you find it easy going with KDB with 3rd pick ? Or how tempting was Kane ?

For the first time I’ve actually found the order of the draft. It’s in the draft room as ‘drafted’ to the right of ‘Watchlist’.

Mings went 3rd pick in round 3. That was 23rd pick overall and his suggested draft position was 299. Don’t worry though mirwillbeback as last year someone drafted Sigurdsson, also by mistake, early in the draft.

Darwin nicely drafted at 30th pick when 23rd was suggested.

Mount drafted at 77th when 33rd was suggested.

Mitrovic could be a steal at 95th pick when 21st was suggested. So he was a suggested 2nd round pick that went in the 9th round. If he stays that’s good business

In reverse, other than Mings, Joao Pedro went 42nd pick when 133rd was his position. Chilwell went at 44 even though listed at 112. Gabriel went at 48 rather than 150 and finally Estupinan went at 53 rather than 155.

All interesting stuff when you’ve a day off and nothing else to do.

I had my 16 year old one side and my 20 year old other side with opposing views (which was reason for Mings pick as I got to 1 seconds left and pressed down to go down the screen but the team choice went down!

KDB was unanimous pick of the kids so to avoid arguments I chose him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Found myself googling players during the draft to see what was going on with them - for example I didn’t know West Ham bid for Solanke and he was an unused sub in their friendly at the weekend and Mitrovic was back playing for Fulham the other night but he could still leave.

I actually think Mount will do well this season, I had just signed 4 midfielders as my first 4 picks so couldn’t go for him. Say he’ll get a solid 15+ returns so will be a decent pick for whoever got him.

The Liverpool attackers were a real conundrum with 4 players for 2 spots up front beside Salah. I actually think Darwin is currently 4th in the pecking order behind Diaz, Gakpo and Jota based on things Klopp has said in media but they will all share minutes and suppose form will dictate who gets the most minutes.

Yea I'm regretting not picking Mount now, I had the chance but went with a defender I think as I already had 3 mids.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭duefrine

Thanks for the details

I read the rules wrong before the draft, thinking it was 15 rounds of drafts 😁,,, When it read 15 rounds of picking in the draft 😁...

Anyhow, I will have to be fully engaged all season to get them waivers in....

Anyone want any swaps 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

If it is, he will be out wide. Looked good Sunday. But will prob drop out once KDB comes back and he reshuffles the lineup

Did an 8 person draft tonight and you can see how much further the depth goes than in the 10 person

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Will you just end up not making any transfers?

Disasi probably won’t even make it past this weeks waivers

Yeah. That team is too good.

Seems 10 is the sweet spot and 12 would make it very hard.

Is this the first year we have had 10? On first view the teams seem even enough. I'm kinda hoping there is no new big players signed in August, I don't like the luck factor with the waivers as someone could end up with Salah/Haaland and another big new player if they get off to a poor start.

FFS.

Hard to believe that Mings was a better signing !!!!!!

Maybe a new striker can come in to Spurs or one of big teams and you might get some sort of replacement. Mbappe?

Whoever is bottom of our league gets first dibs in the waivers so that’s a lottery.

And I’m saying that, didn’t we discuss a delayed start last year til the transfer window closed ? Maybe we should at least have a discussion around that idea next season.

Yeah, we had a discussion and went against it. Fair to say that the mess here would be further evidence on the other side of the argument, so there is definitely further conversations to be had. From my side, I'm more than happy to change it going forward if people prefer that, and if people decide they want to continue from GW1, I will go along with that also, as I don't have particularly strong feelings either way (this thing would probably tip me on the side of holding off though).

Well I hope someone remembers to at least bring it up next year as I won’t remember.

It would mean missing the first 3 gameweeks but that may be ok. Puts a new slant on things too as we’d have some form to go off.

I’m easy either way but would have a preference to wait til the window closes and that has nothing to do with my experience with Kane but it has everything to do with the fact that the bottom placed team could easily pick up 2-3 world class players if the circumstances are right. We do need to look at it.

• Advertisement

Yeah I’m more than fine with that.

Advertisement