Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2023/2024 €50 Draft League H2H

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭duefrine

Can't find an answer to this in the rules

How many transactions do you get a season?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭Xander10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Yea I'd be in favour of starting in September next season . I think I said that in previous years that it reduces some of the luck factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

2nd highest score this week but lose to Patmac - classic H2H kick in the balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

3 gameweeks

3 losses

2 red cards

2 ACL injuries

1 clean sheet in 3 weeks

Think I’ll stick to traditional FPL !

• Advertisement

It's gonna be a close one this week against the champ @patmac. The Son goal might bring it down to bonus points.

Post edited by Dearg81 on

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Jesus I had an horrific draft in hindsight.

Kane in first round. Then I got Richarlison in round four in case Kane was sold. So two of my first four drafts wasted.

Jota in round two and Jesus in round three have been poor.

It gets worse as I drafted Reece James in round five and Mudryk in six.

Looking at the full draft in reverse Degan55 steals the show with Cash in round 14. He also got Romero in round 15. Again he did well getting Colwill in round 10.

This is the most competitive this league has been in the 4 or 5 years we’ve been doing it.

I think we only have 1 absent manager now although unfortunately he’s left a team capable of winning each week which it did this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,844 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I’ve won 5 in a row all by 17 or more points to put myself into some kind of contention, after absolutely stinking the place out for the first 10 weeks

Just shows that someone can put a good run of results together.

I think you didn’t hold on to any injured players. Is that correct and did it help you put that run together ?

• Advertisement

I lost Shaw and Chilwell, but they were long term ones, so there wasn’t too much choice to be made there. Deciding that Mount wasn’t eventually going to come good, and getting in Kudus and Palmer at the right times (being early in the draft rankings helps here for sure) defo made a difference.

I have less by way of season keepers, due to the failed Shaw, Chilwell, Mount moves which has led me to being able to attack form/fixtures/fixture runs (which eh doesn’t always work better than having the proven commodities, but has of late)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Managed to squeak a narrow 1 point win over the league leader, he’s still 5 points clear though.

7 wins in a row and up to 3rd I believe. Dreamland. Had 3 wins from the 10 before that.

I got a win over the 2nd places team so that’s good for the league.

As CSF has priced you can go out and win 7 in a row and get back into it.

We do need to real that leader in though. Over to @gerp99 for next week.

I've held onto Neto and De Bruyne for a couple of months so should be in a strong position in January when they're back. I lost 1 or 2 games holding on to them but I think it was worth the risk.

Yeah, you’ll have a very nice team indeed when they’re both back. Maybe I should be pleased to be playing you next, which might be right before they’re in ship shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

my team is in free fall, my 4 playing defenders all scored 0 to go with Martinez 1 pointer.

Yea it's the best time to play me as I'm missing Son too. Neto should start in place of Hwang but De Bruyne will take a few games to get match fit.

I was wondering how hanging on to injured players was effecting people’s weekly outcomes.

I think I’ve learned from previous years not to hang on to them. Yes to maybe one but there’s always the danger that they don’t come back when expected and are also more injury prone when they do come back.

I think focusing on week to week is the best way and get the points when you can.

It really depends on the rest of your squad. I felt I could cover 2 injuries in midfield and bring in 2 defenders each week with good fixtures but it wouldn't have worked if I had other lads not starting in my squad.

• Advertisement

Pretty sure I lost to this dead team last time too.

That's very unlucky. You bring out the best in the zombie team it seems.

Pedro Neto vs Pendro tonight to decide the game. I have a 9 point lead which should be enough unless he gets another brace.

Hey @Sands81 ive made you a transfer offer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

@mirwillbeback made you an offer there.

1st vs 2nd this week. At 4 points behind already and only 8 GW games left after this, I don’t think I can lose this one and have much more than a punchers chance of winning the league. Kudus goal in the first half has me starting well at least.

It's gonna go down to the wire just like the real league. You're unlucky not to have it wrapped up going by your points total though.

Yeah, I had a very poor start tbf and then took flight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement