Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband switch deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I had the same with Vodafone, they wouldnt budge down from 45 a month for 500mb even though I see here on the thread that they have for a couple of people. I tried over two phone calls and they wouldnt match the next closest offer of 30 a month. Turns out I cant get that (Sky) but signed up today to Virgin Media via Switcher.ie and thats for 35 a month and a €100 One 4 All gift card after the first bill is paid. So net of the gift card its €350 for the year as I think it also comes with a €30 installation fee. Still a good deal, works out at €29 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

that’s cheap for virgin I always thought they were a premium price

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭barsan

Just moved from Digiweb to Pure today - 40 Euros a month for 1GB - I was paying 60 a month - Was given a HUAWEI Router - Was up and running in 10 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Just quick post to confirm that I was charged correct 30€ on new contract extension with Vodafone even when It says they they will add extra due to inflation.

Offer I have is 30/6 +40/6.

Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭pedatron

Signed up for Pure Telecom 1GB fibre on the 2nd of March and still no internet at home. Got my Fritz Box in the post the following week and some limited contact since about surveys and work needed on a pole outside my house to span the fibre cable over to my house. This is a span of about 4 or 5 metres by the way and looks to be a 10 minute job.

I've been promised this work will be completed on or before the 16th of April over the phone (customer service is always lovely) but I've no faith that this will be the case as it's out of their hands. Even after that happens I will still need to wait for the actual installation then. It's been in the control of the ESB for weeks and no sign of anything happening.

Very frustrating as I live in a medium-sized town and you'd think there's plenty of work to be done in the area. Just a note to anyone ordering from Pure that any works needed from their contractors or whatever you'd call them appear to be very slow if needed in certain parts of the country. I'd imagine cities are a lot more efficient.

• Advertisement

A man can only dream of such an experience! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭in2dark

Did you have any issues with digiweb?

My pure renewal is coming up and I am afraid will need to switch. Pity cause with Pure I had ZERO issues comparing to the minor disconnects i had with sky before. (Siro in both cases)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭barsan

I had no issues with Digiweb - Found them very good to deal with - I moved because of price - They did try to retain me at 45 Euros per month

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭feargantae

Anyone know if you can use your own router with Pure ie plug it directly into the ONT?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭Nollog

You can if you get the pppoe login details, which i believe are somewhere in broadband forum here.

Also, important to use VLAN tagging on port 10 I think it is, as all providers use that i believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭gillamandango

I am with Vodafone for years, never had an issue until this year. My router gave up, and no lie, I have been waiting since Dec 28th (1st reported) for some Circnet person to deliver the router. I have my own running as a workaround. I gave up calling them a month ago as it was taking 2/3 calls a week chasing them. Final straw was 3 weeks ago the internet keeps dropping every 10mins or so, called them again many times and still waiting for an engineer to call out. Vodafone were good until something breaks then they farm it out to some 3rd party company who plays games. I just had enough with them wasting my time. Raised it on Twitter, up to manager level, nothing came of it, false promises, a joke of a service.

Dumped them today for PURE in the hope it fixes the issue, and was hardware related as when the line is up, speed is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭gillamandango

PURE just rang me - unless the agent is wrong, I am confused. Is the Fritz Box only for FTTH? I only have the FTTC and they told me its just a basic Huawei I would be getting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭savemejebus

It seems the pure are giving out a variety of routers now. When I did my first stint with them 2.5/3 years ago they were still sending out old eir routers and when i was signing up I requested the fritzbox as I had a fritz! mesh going and they sent one out no problem. This time I didn't ask but they sent another Fritz!box 7530 so maybe it's luck of the draw but no harm in requesting if you want a fritz one.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭you2008

Hi dose this 100 Euro one4 all only given from  Switcher.ie? i am nor seeing at VM website somehow or i missed someting

• Registered Users Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Maybe someone could help me here. I'm just after starting my 30 days cancellation with VM, the retention offers were pretty dismal tbh. I'd really like to get ftth installed as it would give me a lot more choice for the future. Who would people here recommend as the best provider to go with considering I'll need the fibre brought into the house etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

In most circumstances, Fibre to the Home are powered by the openEir network (this is different to eir). In certain locations, you may be able to receive the NBI or Siro.

If you're going with an openEir provider, the service is entirely the same except for the customer support and billing. You're best going, in my opinion, for the cheapest provider with a level of service that suits you. I suggest using OneBigSwitch.ie (a referral-type site) as it offers Pure Telecom on the openEir network for €30 per month (500Mbps).

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

how are pure when it comes to the end of the 12 month contract, I’m with then 12 months in May and I’ve had a flawless service from them. I’d happily stay with them if they match my current deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I've not reached the end of my contract yet, but they're providing the service that they promised at a very good price, and customer care is there if I need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭savemejebus

First time I was with them there was no budging, if I stayed they were upping the price to I think €65 per month. So, I went to vodafone and am now signed back up with Pure fully expecting to go to Sky or something when the Pure contract runs out.

Slight ray of sunshine though is when I was signing up with Pure this time and they were going through the prices, he said it was an introductory price for 12 months but that at the end of that period I should contact them to renegotiate as they "obviously don't expect" me to didn't expect me to pay the higher price at the end ofthe 12 months.

You lose nothing by ringing and asking.

Sky must have gotten wind that I'm leaving VM 😏. I received a text and then an email from them offering me 500 for 30, has anyone here used them as their first ftth provider? I had BB with them in the ADSL days and it was dreadful, they let me out of my contract without penalty as they couldn't resolve it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭glen123

I moved to Sky from Pure few weeks ago. Same speeds as before around 450mbit. I got internet for 30 and Sky stream added for 20 (you get basic Netflix and Discovery +) for free with it. Got it more for Netflix and Discovery after loosing my Turkish netflix and Discovery+ handy for watching anything Eurosport related and will be handy for cycling and Olympic games.

used to pay 35 to Pure for internet only

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

currently have Vodafone siro, if I switch providers do they have to run in a new fibre line into the house or do they just use the existing one ?

Thanks

Thanks for that I already have Sky Q, I still can't get Discovery+ to work on the TV, I can login on the phone or laptop but the screen never appears on either to enter the code the TV shows me, I'm not too worried tbh. I've sent my number to Pure I'll see what happens.

I think once you've the fibre installed all you need to do is switch to your new providers router on the date they give you.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭glen123

I have moved between Pure,Vodafone,Pure and now Sky and never changed my Fritzbox, not even the settings i needed to change.

I've sent my details to Pure, hopefully they'll get in contact and I can get the ball rolling. I had a look at my neighbours setup, she had no problems as she has a socket inside the front door beside the phone cable entry point. I'm going to put a socket there and hopefully I'll get a decent installer like she got.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

Pure deal ending this week, my deal with sky not ending until early May. Pure just signed me up at the deal price, with start date in may that suits. Said they will send the fritz box and also said not to leave at the end of the contract, as they now have a loyalty team and are much more competitive when trying to retain a customer. i would have never left them previously, but they always reveted to high prices and never budged on same

Still waiting for internet……

Will have to make phonecall number 5 today as the promised completion date for external works has passed and there's no sign of any work being completed.

I get it's technically out of Pure's hands but they're the ones providing the service. They really need to do better or ensure whoever is contracted for work does better. 8 and a bit weeks and still waiting. My Fritz!Box is gathering dust here!

That's a killer. Try and get the number of Circet or whoever the installer is from them, maybe if you contacted them you might get someone who'd do something for you.

• Advertisement

Yeah, that's my goal for today. I think it's the ESB as it's a siro install. If I can just get on the phone to someone who can give me a concrete date I'd take that. It's the uncertainty that's a killer and even when this work happens I still need pure to take over again. Fingers crossed I get sorted this week.

Advertisement