Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband switch deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,648 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

Just phone VF now. I'm currently on Vodafone till mid May, at €40 per month for 500gb BB and Home Phone. Received email stating it was going up to €43.04 from April.

Phoned and said I was moving to either Pure or Sky from renewal date at €35 per month.

VF instantly matched and gave me a new 12 month contract for BB and phone at €35 per month from today - basically 2 months early. They are really keen to hold customers.

so i rang vodafone and they offered me up to 100mb which is what i'm on for 35 for a month for 6 months and then 40 for the remainder or 500mb for 30 a month for 12 months so i took that one and an engineer is coming in 2 weeks

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I have 12 months at €30 and an upgrade 👍🏻

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Thats the standard renewal offer with VF currently. Very competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Leonita

What is the best number to call to get these offers on Vodafone please? My contract is up for renewal in the next few weeks. I'm with Vodafone and am relatively happy with them. I've had very few issues over the last number of years. Any that did arise was sorted very quickly. TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

ah yes, I misread the post. Pure and sky seem to be best value last few years. Simple to switch between the two too.

No, Pure with Home Phone is €35 on the Onebigswitch deal…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭savemejebus

30 for 500mb broadband only and 35 for 1gb broadband only

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭podge3

Bit of a follow up to this if anyone is interested.

So I signed up with Pure last week but they have just told me it will be next Tuesday before I get reconnected, almost 2 weeks after Vodafone disconnected me. Not Pure's fault, its a "new" connection as VF disconnected me.

I just contacted Virgin Media and they say they could have me live in 2 days, although they are a bit more expensive and there is a €30 connection fee. I'm getting fierce grief at home due to no broadband so I'm tempted to cancel Pure and go with VM.

To further annoy myself and waste more of my time, I've lodged a complaint with VF and will be escalating to Comreg when I get through the VF process. Yes, I know its a completely pointless exercise but at least they will have to waste some of their time also to deal with the complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭mel123

two weeks now cancelled sky after the upped their price, unplugged it and using a three sim for wifi (I already had a sim router). TV’s, phones, fire stick, sky tv, Alexa’s, etc etc. has not skipped a beat. I was lucky I had an old sim on the €15 a month deal but I imagine 48 or gomo which is cheaper would do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭batistuta9

@mel123 how long did it take for them to cancel it, instant or 31 days, etc. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭jos22

so the faster connection is cheaper, 6 months at35/45 for FTTC with home phone only offer I got back in Feb, can't get fibre here yet so stuck on 34mb.

I wander is more over head costs in the older copper lines, that pretty much every provider is Charing more than if its full Fibre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭nhg

House was built in 2000, with phone cable brought from telephone pole to the house underground, have copper line currently, have sky broadband with years, no issues except price. Got rid of sky tv package years ago.

To get a better price & speeds Sky want to remove the home phone (only used when contacting sky), does that mean that a new cable (I assume fibre) will have to be brought from the cabinet/pole into the house….

I work remotely so very nervous of any broadband changes but price now €65 per month. Also have an online gamer living in the house. So unlimited broadband essential, which is what we currently have.

Would seriously consider Pure as a broadband provider….

I was surprised the fast link was cheaper and wondered if it was to hook people into the faster speed for year 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭mel123

it was the months notice was delighted I had the chance to get away from them brutal service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭SharkMX

My contract with Eir FTTH is up in a month.

Im told to avoid sky and virgin because of contention and that you never get the advertised speed but varying speed

Have to say the current FTTH with eir that I already have is always full speed and never drops speed ever, so more of the same please. If only the price didnt go up at the end of the contract i would keep it.

I was looking at Pure or Digiweb FTTH.

Anyone know if they are any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭Nollog

You were told about FTTC probably.

There are 2 ftth networks (3 if you count virgins cable) make sure you get the openeir version if you don't want another ont installed in your wall.

The resellers will all be the same, except the price and secondary benefits/problems.

benefits like skyvip with sky, excellent router with pure, etc.

problems could be random hour a month pppoe servers turned off with Vodafone where i live, virgin used to have really bad routing to certain high-use servers years ago, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭spuddy

Pure's 30 EUR offer is tempting, an extra 60 quid a year in my pocket is better in someone else's and all that. The only thing putting me off is when I moved to my current provider, they sent out an engineer, who swapped the ONT. I tried to persuade him to just leave the existing one as it was, but 'in their system' I was getting a new installation. I don't want that hassle if I do switch to someone else again, does anyone know how to avoid it?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭glen123

I've FTTH. Over the years I was with Pure twice, once with Vodafone, once with Digiweb, now with Sky since 2 weeks ago. No issues with any of them, speeds are the same. Went for Sky this year as wanted Sky Stream with Netflix and Discovery+ and together with broadband it worked out only 50pm. I was paying 35pm to Pure for broadband only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭SharkMX

I wish these wouldnt up their prices after a year or even two or id just stay with eir or whoever i was with in the first place. Its almost like they want people to leave to a competitor.

Last time i phones Vodafone about 3 weeks telling them i was moving and they offered me only a fiver off their out of contract price. So I moved to Eir. A week after i moved Vodafone called me and offered me the new customer price to move back. Sure i was already moved by then. Totally stupid behavior from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Damoedge

Hi all,

Finally the NBI is here in my area and I got the email 2 days ago to pre order. I have read this thread and decided to go with pure and to avail of the one big switch offer of 30 per month.

So I phoned purea while ago and I gave the information that it was a new install and it is coming from NBI, the pure agent then told me the prices and he said that for 500mb it would be 45 euro per month, I quoted the one big switch offer and he said that does not apply to NBI, I was ok with that as I think I read it somewhere, but then I stated to him that the price on your website is 35 euro per month for 500mb and he gave me some speel about that does not apply for NBI customers?? That NBI has set prices?? I was a bit shocked to be honest. So is this true? I told him I would think about it and then he gave me some advice to be careful of other sellers....

Just want to know if my infrastructure is NBI will I have to pay more than the prices advertised on all sellers websites?

Thanks, D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭jos22

especially since Vodafone new gimmick is offer new and existing customers the same deals

I think that’s a good giving new and current customers the same deal because they are retaining customers and saving the hassle of switching,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭Nollog

Yeah, NBI has different prices. I think you get locked in to the contracts for longer or something like that as well.

Advertisement