Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband switch deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Damoedge

And not one website where I looked at all the different sellers don't mention that at all, in fact I looked everywhere on the Pure telecom website and I can't even find a tariff for 45 euro.

Would anyone know where I can find prices for NBI customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

this might help it lists all the providers with links to the relevant plans

The internet isn’t for everyone

Thanks for the replies.

I know that list of providers but some are very misleading with their advertised prices, as it seems there are different prices for NBI customers. So anyone like me with NBI please be careful 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone having problems signing up to Sky? I get to the third page of signup click Continue but just get the circle of death and nothing happens. Tried both mobile & desktop and its the same

• Advertisement

got my instal Saturday from open eir and now have 500mb from Vodafone for €30 a month so I’m happy with that, speed increased from 25-40mb paying €35 a month last year

Whoever said to call Vodafone for retention was bang on the money for me 👍🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭glen123

I had similar issues. I went and signed up via Bonkers instead and got a call within 2 hours and signed up over the phone.

If you have FTTH, make sure to have your CRN number ready (starts with 888)…took me ages to find it on my Pure bill as it was hidden in the package description on the bill.

Thanks for this. Tried once more this morning to sign up via the website but again it stops working halfway through the process. Rang them up and explained and a sales guy is supposed to be ringing me back to process the order soon. I wanted to sign up via the website as I have a referral code from the BA forum here for €40. Will try to sort that over the phone.

I found my CRN number on my Vodafone bill but mine begins with 353 for some reason. Pretty sure Im fibre to the home, at least thats what the National Broadband Plan Im under was supposed to be AFAIK.

I just found this out myself when Sky finally rang me back. Im a NBI connection and they said I cannot switch to Sky unless they were the first company to activate the line. They werent, it was Vodafone. He gave me some reason that NBI were supposed to sort this out with Sky but they never did, something about registration numbers not being compatible.

So I cant get Skys 30 euro a month offer even though putting my eircode into their website says I can. Cant get anything from Sky full stop and Im wondering is it going to be the same with other providers who Bonkers says I can sign up to when using my Eircode to show location.

Funny enough a Vodafone agent came my my house this evening. There deal is 40 euro a month on a 12 month contract, but if i signed up with the agent that called by i would get 10 euro off for the first 6 months and then 40 for the remainder, it sounds ok but i told the agent i would think about it. The agent actually told me that a lot of sellers are trying to catch customers out by not advertising the set prices for NBI customers, she said that sky was one of them and to make sure if I'm phoning around to tell them they I'm with NBI.

I've read here though that the gigabite router that Vodafone supplies have issues? Is this still true?

I still don't know yet who to go for, it's typical that my mobile broadband is actually getting better that last few days as it seems a new mast close to me somewhere came on line and my openwrt router is connecting to it, I'm paying 30 a month for it and if it stays going good like this i might just stick to it and save a few bob over the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Fraggle7979

We have had 500mb siro through Vodafone for 35 for the last year from onebigswitch and was going up to 40ish. Saw that pure telecom is the offer on onebigswitch now so phoned Vodafone and said I was cancelling due to getting it for 30 for 12 months and they said they would do the same. So all in it took 10 minutes…

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭feargantae

What router do Pure supply for their 1Gb FTTH packages? Is it still the old eir routers with a Pure logo stuck on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭jos22

what the best deal people on the legacy plan that people had gotten akka FTTC, still no Fiber here but ESB have being shutting power off few weeks due works for Fiber roll out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

I just cancelled my 1gb with VF. They were very reluctant to action the cancel but put even less effort into trying to keep me. "There is nothing we can do"…"This is the lowest we can go"

The poster above got 500mb cheaper than the lowest retention rate offered to me. You would think they would reward loyalty, Instead they gouge.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Wolftown

I moved to Pure a few weeks ago and got a Fritzbox. Seems decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

It depends. A family member - Dublin 24, new connection - got a Fritz!Box. I signed up - new connection - and I received a F@ST 5366 box. They said it was because I was on the BT backhaul.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I've been with Pure twice. Once 2+ years ago for 512Mb ftth and now just signed back up a few weeks ago to 1Gb ftth. Received Fritz!box 7530 modems both times.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭dave13

Just got 1gb pure installed in Dublin and came with a Huawei modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭dave13

huawei LG8245X6

I have an EERO mesh system so not using the WiFi on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

Just switched from Vodafone to Sky. Modem came in the post a few days ago, Vodafone internet stopped working this morning and just swapped around the two modems. Got cancellation email from Vodafone today as well, hopefully no issues with final bill from them but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭SharkMX

Be careful when switching. My FIL switched from Eir to Pure. He has FTTH. But with Eir there was a phone number but no phone. They switched the broadband to Pure but then he got charged the next month because they never changed over the "pone".

When he said he didnt have a phone, they told him that he had a phone number so he should have cancelled the phone service as well as Pure cancelling the broadband service with Eir.

Very sneaky on Eirs part

Sorry a bit off topic.

I have cancelled my VF. I got a text from them saying sorry to see you go and don't forget to return your equipment to avoid additional fees. They gave no info on where I should return the modem. Is there a process for returning equipment at all?

I could just bring it into a VF shop but I would need a proof of handover. Thougj the shops are unlikely to want old equipment coming back.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Just bring it to the vodafone shop, they'll scan it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭SharkMX

Ask them to come out and collect it in the same place they left it. They will send a courier and you just hand them the box. About a year later they will send you a bill for the equipment you never returned, so take pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭Nollog

Drop it in at a vf store, i always take a photo of it there in my hand with the barcodey bit showing just in case they get scummy, as companies are one to do. I've never had an issue in the two times I've done it but hedge anyway.

Ok thanks.

Photo in shop seems better than handover to courier. I will also asked them to provide a receipt with a shop stamp and time/date on it.

They don't seem to have any interest in making. It easy to return equipment. Its probably more cost effective for them to bill the former customer.

I brought in a bill and they got my account up and sorted it in the shop

For a courier you will have to hang around waiting

I won't go the courier route as you have no trail back if the item does not get logged back in after collection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Ring up & they should send you a label to either post, drop to store or courier

Advertisement