Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo EX30

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭fafy

Good question, i missed it, but it is on the brochure, on all models as standard, except, the entry level Single motor.

”Heat Pump (Enhanced Cabin Heating and Cooling Efficiency with Optimal Vehicle Range)(Single Motor Extended Range and Twin Motor Performance only)”

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Joe Duffy Airside hoping they will have access to the roaming demo sometime in July. Otherwise it could be November for demo with customer deliveries in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Stevie2001

Yeah its a little bit small size wise and 50kWh battery is also a bit small, but you know what fair play to Volvo

They've drawn a nice line in the sand for EV prices, I would consider Volvo a premium brand, with Lexus, Audi, BMW etc or a bit below that level

If I was looking for an EV and saw this Volvo for 40k, I would expect Skoda, Hyundai, Kia, VW, Nissan etc to start at 30k

Between the Tesla price drops, this fast little Volvo and used EV's depreciating like a rock lately, it's actually looking good for affordable EV's for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭eagerv

Looks a nice car, in a popular segment. But pricey, I would imagine most sales will be for the lowest priced version, still powerful and enough range for many, but not for those who are used to 300km in colder months without having to stop to charge. And the lowest price version doesn't appear to come with a heat pump.

I don't use the word 'Premium', but hopefully this is a well made car...

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Melted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Spirit and Volvo Ireland both told me that there'd probably no cars in the country until end of year/Jan. Supposedly initial production is starting week 40.

Now, I tend to take dealership info with a grain of salt so we shall see.

The press car will hopefully be passed around the houses before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭n.d.os

It's a cool little SUV and looks great. I've always found Volvos to be a bit on the small side lower down the range so I expect this will be the same. Volvos are usually around 10k more than they really should be based on size but this one seems to be fairly priced compared to the XC40.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

In the end, I booked new Yaris Cross for now. EX30 will take time to arrive and first version may need regular updates like any new EV. Tried ID3 but too pricey for the size of car and interior kit. Was never a fan of Huyndai and Kia to start with so that leaves Toyota

Good walk around some of the features, if a little Scandinavian!

• Advertisement

Got an update that there may be an EX30 in the country for October.

Also found out that my local dealer alone has over 150 deposits down for the EX90, without anyone even seeing one in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭joe1303l

150 deposits for an EX90 is bizarre, they’re €120K+ . Madness….

Got an email. They'll have one at the ploughing championship and the below

– Dundrum Town Centre, Dublin (Sep 22nd – Sep 24th)

– Swords Pavillions Shopping Centre, Dublin (Sep 28th – Sept 30th)

– Grand Canal Square, Dublin (Oct 1st – Oct 2nd)

– Mahon Point Shopping Centre, Cork (Oct 3rd – Oct 5th)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭fafy

Had a quick look earlier in Mahon Point, they had an “Ultra” spec model,in leather, test drives in January. Very stylish and modern.

Nice crisp and big enough central screen, window buttons operated from central console will take getting used to, boot size as expected, but Frunk was surpisingly very small, will just about take a charging cable, my i3 frunk is bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭derekreilly

Global Embargo on Driving Impressions is lifting on Monday morning for the EX30 and there seems to be a bit of interest out and about but none of here so I said I'd start a new discussion.

I was lucky enough to drive it and will be posting my video Monday morning. Happy to answer any questions if I can.

Post edited by liamog on

Registered interest with Volvo a few. I the ago for it. They were expecting some in showrooms towards the end of this year.

Hopefully it arrives soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭daheff

Any indication of price/range?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,856 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

There was a separate thread for the EX30 already I thought?

I'll be booking a test drive once they're available.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭derekreilly

• Advertisement

2 threads in the same weekend 😂

Volvo have their marketing cheque books open 😂😂

Reviews are out.

And from our Irish reviewer

@MarkN your voice still sounds strange since the mic change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭joe1303l

The comparison in size to a Fiesta doesn’t bode well for a €38K+ car. Very tight for rear legroom and bootspace quite limited. Nicely finished inside though. Unlikely to be a runaway sales success but it’s a nice car if you don’t need the space.

Same as the i3 I imagine. Niche premium purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭MarkN

It’s only when I use the DJI app also, can’t get my head around it and I’ve tried to do a bit of a search online to see. Jack input on my Sony is screwed (would expect better from them to be honest) but that was the handiest setup as the audio track was combined with the film. I’ll probably go back to syncing the audio up, just is a pain to do on a 15/20 min piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭quokula

It's 20cm longer, 20cm wider and 10cm taller than the latest Fiesta, which itself is a much larger car than older generation Fiestas.

It's roughly the same length and a bit wider than a Golf. It's around the same size as my id3 with about the same boot space.

Nothing wrong with that size at all, I'm pleased to see someone still making a normal size car that fits in normal size parking spaces rather than the ever growing unnecessarily massive SUVs everyone keeps bringing out.

I'm really not a fan of the total move away from practical buttons in favour of one big screen, but everything else about the car is really appealing after seeing a few reviews. It's definitely on my radar as my next car after my id3 as I've been trying to avoid anything bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭MarkN

I will add that it’s actually quite an enjoyable car to drive. Handles well, single motor is plenty, proper nippy little thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭quokula

The dual motor seems so appealing with such a big boost in power for not a lot of extra money, but the single motor does seem to be getting the better reviews as the car handles that power better.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Balsamnews

ID3 size is well respectable, I'm surprised with the lack of love here. That twin motor performance EX30 at €46,000 is a bargain for what you get, it makes the offerings from VW, Renault groups and so on look very unattractive and boring in comparison, who would want a dog slow ID3 when the top of line EX30 is only a bit more expensive. I think even the top of the line MG is more expensive than it

This is great for the war on EV pricing, it's gonna trickle down and others will have to lower prices, similar to Tesla and its price drops recently.

The base EX30 for €38,000 is too expensive though, 51kWh battery is tiny these days, the 70kWh in the longer range and performance are what's needed long term

• Advertisement

Reckon I’ll change my Honda e for one of these next year. It’s annoying that the jump to top spec is so much. I do like a glass roof and 360 cameras, but will be difficult to justify the jump I think.

I just want something small and nippy and back seat or boot size are completely unimportant to me, so this ticks many boxes, should get to test one shortly.

Advertisement