Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo EX30

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Stevie2001

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭mailforkev

There's no VRT relief if price is over 50k, so only the lowlier models get it. The RWD extended range is probably the value pick.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/vrt/calculating-vrt/electric-hybrid-vehicles.aspx

They also announced that there'll be a cross country version in a year or so, pics look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I was looking at this, very interesting car at a great price point - especially the performance model. No mention of towing capacity?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭fafy

My understanding is, The grant does not apply to EV’s with a price of more than 50k, after SEAI grant deducted.

And with the reduced grant of 3,500 from July 1st, the ultra dual motor spec no longer qualifies.

similarly with VRT, no reduction is applicable as it is over the threshold

This is a seriously impressive EV, i have to say

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I seen towing capacity somewhere. Can’t find it now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭MarkN

1,000kg smaller battery up to 1,500kg in the higher output.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭VikingG

Max towing is I presume the same as max trailer weight at 1400 or 1600 Kg

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭terrarev

Interesting car.

The biggest issue I can see is it seems quite cramped in the back.

Honestly ELM I would be looking at this over that plaid, 50k for that performance is insane value

I can't see weight mentioned, can't be that heavy if it's getting 430bhp to shift it to 100km/h so quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Im looking around at everything right now tbh, this included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Has anyone ranged dealer about availability in Ireland ? I didn't get a chance to do it yet.

Salesman today mentioned it was ID3 sized interior.

M3P is quicker though so it’s not only the 0-100 figure.

January 2024 first deliveries.

They are trying to narrow down when they will even have a demo car for test drive.

The id3 looks like it has more room from the videos I've seen but we'll see when more info comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭MarkN

ID.3 has more rear legroom.

Looks like the ex30 has the same issue as the model 3 in the back as well where the rear bench is too close to the floor so your knees are raised up.

I’ll take that over the transmission tunnel in the i4 🤣🤣

Donedeal have one up for pre-order,

it is the entry level model for €40,096

seems to be:

€38,896 base price after grants & vrt reb+ €1.200 delivery.

This is for “Grey metallic”, which may not have additional cost, but its unclear, however Volvo seem to have one colour at no additional cost.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-xc40-ex30-plus-order-now/34293801

That grey and indigo interior are no cost options alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,404 ✭✭✭eagerv

Nice looking car, I like that grey colour and the interior. Should be quite lively even in base model.

Appears to be more Kona size in the back though, not as spacious as an ID3. Which is fine if you don't need the space.

5.7s is plenty quick alright, that's still fwd hot hatch performance, i30n,, focus st are getting that

I think the only people buying any VW ID series are doing so because of the 0% finance from VW bank and the brilliant pcp gmfv and I wouldn't blame them

Nobody else is offering over 52% GMFV,

Volvo are using BOI at 5.95% and a lower gmfv on pcp, like Telsa with AIB, VW have a massive advantage there, basically being it's own bank.

"Example: ID.3 Life DX Pro 204HP OTRP €42,212.00. Deposit / Part Exchange €12,721.90. 36 monthly payments of €199. APR 0%. Total Cost of Credit €0.00. Optional final payment €22,326.10. OTRP is price after grants and SEAI subsidies. No minimum deposit requirement. "

Finance Example: Volvo EX30 Single Motor Electric 272hp RWD Plus: Retail Price† €44,995. Customer Deposit / Trade In €13,498.50. Finance Amount €31,496.50. 36 monthly payments of €500.57. Total Cost of Credit €4,428.06. GMFV†† (Optional Final Payment) €17,840.55. Fixed APR 5.95%*(Annual Percentage Rate) as at 25/05/23

Look at that deal lol

Same deposit/trade basically and VW is €199 a month and Volvo is €500 a month

I'm no VW fan but that's an enticing deal, seeing as most buyers would be using finance when these cars are basically a years salary to most workers, no minimum deposit requirement either and they supposedly doing scrappage on the qt

EX30 Pure Electric Offers (volvocars.com)

Some additional clarity on Pricing:

These prices below, include the delivery charge:

Metallic Paint for any colour except Vapour Grey + €750

Interior Rooms: 

Indigo is standard on Plus or Ultra Models

Pine is €650 extra on Plus (Not available on Ultra) (or with Cloud Blue)

Ultra Models Interior:

Breeze:€1,150 extra

Mist is €1,350 extra

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Melted

Isent the GMFV offset againts the market value of that car at trade in time once the PCP runs out? so essentilly the equity is the difference?

Wouldent having a lower GMFV and a more desirable car at the end of you fincince term leave you in a better space for a trade in?

If you intend to keep it yes and think it will be desirable, but keeping an EV out of warranty wouldn't be something I'd do, I'd prefer the lower payments and roll onto a new pcp, like you do with a phone as tech improves on them

I would prefer the GMFV high as VW will take the hit, as I personally think EV's are gonna depreciate like a rock soon enough, as production ramps up, Tesla keep fire sailing and the out of warranty used one's hit the market that no one wants, 60kW charging like in a Kona or eNiro, Ioniq, Leaf etc will be old hat in 3 a few years, a lot of uncharted waters coming with EV's heading into 2030.

I like it, but the WLTP range for the Standard range plus is only 344kms for €40k. That's over 80km less than the 58kWh ID.3 and approx 150km less than the Model 3 RWD. The extended range EX30 is about €46k which would be closer to the Model 3 in range.

Edit. I am just comparing with cars I am familiar with..

Just head back on some queries.

Car Warranty is 3 years, extendable by 2 further years, costs tbc, but should be similar to the larger XC40, which is €755 for 2 additional years.

(edited, as only extendable by 2 years)

Battery warranty is 8 years or 150,000, no details on degredation %.

Car price, includes a 3 year service pack, including normal wear & tear items:, brake pads, brake discs, wipers, air filter, but NOT tyres, extendable to 2 further years, costs tbc, but should be similar to the larger XC40, which is €500 for 2 additional years.

There is in addition, a one off €500 contribution, to your insurance via a Volvo broker.

Post edited by fafy on

There is definitely a niche for a small EV “premium”, thats why i got an i3, its a 2nd car, and suits my needs perfectly well. I don’t need a big car, or a big range, or one that practicality is king. but i do want one, that is very well equipped, the XC40 is exactly that. This won’t meet everyone's situation or needs, but it will, for a smaller portion of the market.

• Advertisement

Yes, I am also a fan of smaller cars. Are there any details of spec for different models here yet? For example heat pump?

Advertisement