Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat 23/24

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Guess it makes sense to WC in GW33 for BB in 34 then. Too many teams with little to play for by GW37

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭ForestFire

For better or worse Wildcard played, tried to set up for the rest of the season bench boost etc.

The only thing I'm not too pleased with is Watkins is out.......but Villa do have a tough run-in...

Maybe DeB out, but I think Son/Salah makes up for that??

Still not sure about this week's team, but Kelleher is probably in.... and I need to decide on Gordon Vs Alverez

• Registered Users Posts: 15,162 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I think locking yourself into double Liverpool defence, for 2 players that should lose their starting position soon, is a very risky move. I'd bring Nunez in for Alvarez instead, and also bring in a DGW DEF & GK.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,515 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Why are people wildcarding this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭ForestFire

In my case a bit of team getting disjointed and trying to sort it out 1 transfer per week would take too long.

A lot of yellow players at risk, i.e saka, most of my defence, trippier etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,832 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It’s not an ideal week for it with Arsenal and City playing each other. I’ll almost certainly be activating it tomorrow after the deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

Ye doing the same myself, think my current team would out score my wc.

There's a swing this week for Chelsea & Liverpool. Most managers won't have many of their players so it's a chance to get ahead of the curve there. West Ham & Villa have fixture swings too, and then a lot will have loaded up on Luton & Bournemouth in recent weeks. It's an opportunity to get in ahead of the curve for 31 WC'ers and then 35 WC'ers.

How many 'alive' teams own Salah? or can get him in without a hit this week? As well as owning Haaland/Son/Saka/Palmer/Foden. Not many will own all 6. But most will want to own the majority of them players from 31 onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

What are people doing that still jabs WC,BB and free hit? Would like to freshen up my team with WC now but reading best plan is to FH 34 WC 35 BB 37?

Team is

Martinez (Dubravka)

Coufal Udogie Doughty Roerslev Kilman

Salah Maddison Bailey Son (Saka)

Solanke (maupay,morris)

7.9m ITB

• Advertisement

The only flip side of this to mention, is that a lot of the people who will be wildcarding this week, won’t have FHed last week and therefore have tonnes of money to bring Salah in due to the cheaper prices of the guys who had games last week.

I’ve no Haaland or Saka at the moment, so I brought Salah in for Bowen and have 5.9 million in the bank with a front 7 of Son, Maddison (both Luton), Gordon (West Ham), Salah (Brighton), Palmer (Burnley), Watkins (Wolves), Toney (Man United) all at home.

Fixture wise this week is a better week for those who didn’t FH last week IMO, but it changes quickly enough IMO so I wouldn’t be too big about nailing myself to the mast for these fixtures longterm.

Son and Bowen out

Salah and Sarabia in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I'm glad I read this thread with others thinking of playing WC this week too. Spent an hour this morning trying to figure out whether to WC or not.

Team is not in bad shape (currently on 63 for the week with 4 to play), have a WC and BB to play.

A lot of strategies online I've read seem to say dead end into 34 and then play WC but I feel WCing now, getting Liverpool players in (Salah, Darwin namely), getting 3 Arsenal (currently have 2) is pretty optimal and having the team set up for the 7 GW's is the right call.

If I got Salah this week, I'd need to lose Son in a -4 and I don't feel I want to. Would also like Darwin and a stretch, Bradley but conscious of him losing his spot soon.

Is there any huge incentives to keep the WC for GW35 onwards? Lots of the content I've read seem to think they'll load up on United (who are muck), Spurs (could already have Son/Udogie, don't fancy anyone else), Chelsea (Palmer is enough for me), City (Haaland might be enough given rotation, etc) and I don't fancy anyone else.

Am I missing a really obvious trick here?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Lack of weekly transfer thread is a bad sign for the forum/site.

I started one once and got wayyyyy too many notifications.

Is the forum dead now bar gamethreads ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I'd say it's down to a few people losing interest as we near the end of the season. Maybe already out of LMS leagues or too far behind in work leagues etc? I know I've been less active since falling so far behind over Christmas.

(but yeah, boards isn't what it once was either)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah been very quiet these days, I never got into discord but I know a few did when they rearranged the site.

personally I still try to log on each week, used to like posting my proposed transfer then let others criticise/disagree with it but recently there’s been less and less engagement, just people posting their own ideas (myself included).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,596 ✭✭✭Cartman78

It's been all downhill since the slow death of the Price Changes thread 🥺🥺🥺🥹🥹

• Registered Users Posts: 22,452 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Setting up my team with DGW 34 in mind.

3 x Arsenal

3 x Liverpool

(Usual 2 x City I'm not getting rid of EBH, Foden)

No one is grabbing me as much as I'd like. I still have BB and TC and should be playing one of them that week.

How has the weekly game gone ?

Are the number of participants high or low ?

• Advertisement

I think it started with initial interest, but like the game is very bad, so I think it’s only gonna fall further and further.

Good. I was pissed off they were trying to start up another game when their main game is so poorly put together and run.

If it completely fails then hopefully someone that matters realises the game is in the wrong hands.

I was almost intrigued to see if the interest in the game at the moment meant that they could do a 2nd game and still have interest, in the way that they didn’t when they tried that Ultimate FPL thing years ago.

But with a game design as bad as this, there’s barely a hypothetical to discuss. Interesting to see if they try to find a way to make it good, or if it just ends up in the scrap heap

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Very strange one for me next week, 2 playing goalkeepers (barring injury), both have the same fixture

Areola (Palace away)

Dubravka (Palace away)

Big changes for the FA Cup next season in terms of scheduling, so this looks like it could be the end of the very big blank / double GWs, but the small ones like the league cup final blank remaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Bit of advice needed please, i was way behind in a small family money league and completely out of the loop so wanst paying much attention to fixtures etc, and took a chance captaining Palmer last few weeks so have closed the gap now to 30 points. We have very similar teams and have a TC and BB left but i also have a FH which he doesnt. Tempted to use it this week but whats the general consensus, should i wait for GW 37?

Depends how you’re team is set up for this gameweek or for 37 as that would determine which chip to use and when.

Also difficult to advise without knowing your team.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,045 ✭✭✭COH

Do many of you use the FPL Fantasy subreddit on Reddit?

Purely anecdotal - but ever since I started using it as my 'main' source of info I have had a sequential run of the worst seasons I've ever had.

It also seems to be primarily populated with overly aggressive pre-pubescent know-it-alls 🙃

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭crushproof

No because of what you mentioned, all very immature and full of nonsense. Would only keep on an eye on it for leaks on a Saturday morning.

This is why I why I hope every year that this forum survives! Otherwise I'd have to go on there or the twitter cesspit

• Advertisement
Advertisement