Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat 23/24

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Am considering it.

£0.8 extra to buy back both players.

Will upgrade Lascelles and Nakamba(bench fodder) with a -4 next week and play it by ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I think its a bad idea, 20% of your budget just sat there. Even if you're losing value I think you'd be losing too many points

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Aye but it may only be for a game or two and that’s what a squad is for.

Not guaranteed to do it but my FT’s are pushing me in that direction.

Unless I want TAA I think I’ll keep them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

i would also be inclined to keep them until see what's available really. I've kept Haaland all this time and don't think it's worked out too bad.

However haven't said that not have TAA is going to cost you as those who do get rid of Salah/Son will probably look at getting TAA -

Going without Trent May finish me off but it is what it is.

Maybe if I was watching the games I’d have him already but I’m currently picking based on fixtures.

He’s not that hard to get in if really needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Think you have to really, the same logic you'd have kept Haaland, whch has the double whammy of not buying Solanke (so missing points there) and not having the funds to spend on Trent (losing points again there). Even selling one allows someone like Saka and a load of cash for elsewhere.

Nevermind

Some amount of love for Saka on this site - a lad with one goal in last 10 games.

When ya have the cash ya might as well spend it, he's nice fixtures during the AFCON, and there were 5 assists in those 10 games.

Anyone else ya suggest looking at? With Salah and Son away there's nobody replacing those returns on a like-for-like, Kudus and Richarlison seem the only ones in any form and I have my doubts that either are sustainable

Bowen and Ricky both have decent form. There are plenty of players with better form than Saka but for someone unknown reason many just can’t see past his poor run for his price tag. TAA is cheaper and has outscored Saka over last ten games 73v45 I think yet how many say that can’t afford him while sticking with Saka? . I think Foden has better form and he’s in/out of that city team.

Even looking at more expensive defenders, VVD is on decent run and has goal threat

you don’t have to spend the cash you could just bench the players. They could miss one or two GWs not as if it will be 5/6.

Saka could score two this GW but it still doesn’t negate that he’s on poor form for his price tag - was it fitz that benched him this week. How often do people bench 9m players?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I'd have got rid weeks ago only I had other fires to put out.

He might still be in my team unless I WC, I'd love to get rid.

It'd be typical though he'll start hauling when everyone gets rid.

Yeah already have Bowen, feels like we’ve been here a lot with Richarlison but he always disappoints. And they’re losing Son so their attack weakens.

I realise Saka isn’t scoring plentiful but even without his price tag, he’s a guaranteed starter, in a team that scores, and has a history to score in the past.

i could save money but it’s not an issue in Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Odegard is someone I'd be looking at

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Went for Cunha over Solanke a few weeks back and it has hit my ranking in PL's badly!😔

Wondering should I stick with Cunha for the foreseeable, Watkins and Semenyo my other strikers.

Solanke has Liverpool and West Ham upcoming who have good recent defensive form.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I’m sickened I didn’t bring in Garnacho in this week.

I just couldn’t part with any of my midfield line. Gordon/Son/Salah/Saka/Palmer.

Might sound stupid but I’m looking forward to Salah and Son leaving. Really puts it to people. High ownership somewhat sucks the fun out of the game.

I hate random GWs but a little bit of randomness makes the game good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,922 ✭✭✭✭CSF

You’d think that Kalvin Phillips moving to West Ham could be very good for JWP.

Are there minutes concerns there though at some point? Phillips, JWP, Soucek, Alvarez, Paqueta all do their best work centrally.

I see Phillips and Alvarez as the deeper 2 with JWP ahead of them. Almost a 4-2-3-1. Think that looks more like a 4-1-1-3-1 these days

Soucek may suffer for minutes as I think, iirc, he’s running his contract down.

Can Paqueta play off the left ?

However he tries to fit them all in I’d bet my last mince round that JWP will start every game he’s available for.

Is Paqueta not their best player? You’d be likely to play him in his best position. Defo don’t expect JWP to become a benchwarmer, but reduced minutes may be a possibility, even in the games he starts.

• Advertisement

Klopp has come out to say that he’s leaving Liverpool at end of season.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,241 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

So it's Jür-Gone Klopp

What a pity I'm not a Pool fan but I love Klopp

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Humilde

Klopp leaving basically means that Liverpool will almost certainly regress to where they were before he arrived, unless they make another miracle managerial signing. Maybe Alonso might be the right man for the job. Unfortunately, Gerrard isn't managerial material. A sad sad day for all Reds fans. He will go down as an equal to Shanks in terms of his legendary status at Anfield. Just goes to show that leadership is the most important quality for a manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

You were doing okay until you compared him to Shankly.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Caustic

Wasnt sure where to put this but what are peoples thoughts on chip strategy going forward or plans?

I'm fairly certain I'm going to use my free hit for the double coming up as the only Liverpool player I currently own is Salah and the fixtures are so good.

I also don't want Liverpool players after given they have a blank, potential another and man city in the next 4 gws.

Haaland treble captain was also on my mind but I also haven't brought him back in yet as I wanted to see what his minutes were like.

No plan for my wildcard just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,248 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Yeah, I'm just trying to plan my next few weeks out tonight too. I do already own a chunk of Liverpool & Man City players though, so I'm set up for that DGW already.

I guess we're all scared of GW29 and how many players we have that week, if not using FH. I can get to 7 players with only 1 hit from now until then, and hope that all players play, which they should do in theory. 6 maybe depending on FA Cup results.

Would probably start using chips then after that. Not sure if I want to TC Haaland yet, but might just have to depending on my MLs are going at the time.

Post edited by Fitz* on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Caustic

Had a long hard look at gw 29 alright so much depends on the fa cup results obviously, but you'd imagine whatever way it shakes up it'll probably be a low scoring week so the average will probably be low. So it's hard to get too hurt. Plus plenty of gws to plan for it.

I've deffo decided on the fh next week. Could be a huge scoring week outside of the Liverpool city double, arsenal, Brighton and united all have great fixtures and I'd prefer to use the chip trying to hit a huge score. For my team at least it makes sense and not having to transfer out Liverpool players coming into potentially two blanks they will also have loads of games still being in 3 cups so could have rotation problems or just be a tired team over the next 6 weeks

Made a somewhat defensive transfer and brought in jota just for some Liverpool coverage for Burnley and forest though so hedging my bets slightly.

Advertisement