Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat 23/24

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

I’ve become very **** at this game over the last 3 seasons.

I can only put it down to watching a lot less games because I’ve stopped trying to stay up for games or get up early to watch them. Living in a different time zone is a big handicap as I rely on eye test over stats.

Also noticed how this gameweek is a really good example of how much luck plays a part.

Some people targeted getting in players for GW 29 and were rewarded. The players who decided to target upcoming fixtures and play FH in 29 have been punished. There was no right or wrong call going into 29. Luck has played its part.

Has anything else changed majorly in the last 3 seasons that could be impacting my overall rank ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Social media plays a big part I think. All the various FPL influencer accounts have taken a lot of the hard work out of it. Everyone just seems to copy what the main accounts do, ranging from captaincy calls to who to transfer in on any given week.

And there's a lot more people playing the game now too. Back in the 19/20 season there were over 6 million teams registered for GW1. This season that went to over 8 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,103 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

if you ever need proof that FPL is a ridiculous game, and we're silly if we get annoyed, it's the trolling of Haaland scoring a first half hat-trick this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Four goals.

Four assists.

You can only laugh.

• Advertisement

Now 5 for Haaland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,110 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Wow if it was an FPL match I'd have 11 returns in this match, 5 goals 6 assists lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,621 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I don't mind the Haaland goals but the quad of KDB assists is severely annoying after the last few weeks owning him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭Xander10

Ah stop DGW TC - would have made serious inroads on a rival who forgot the play the TC. That coupled with KdB. It would be even more epic than that time Aguero got 5 goals and this place was bouncing - some guys were only seeing he scored a third, when he was on 4 and then of 5 goals. Peak FPL moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭The Guru 123

Brave man not to captain Haaland this weekend now. Up against another poor defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭crushproof

Just saw the result, Haaland and KDB on fire... what a points haul!

What could have been!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

KdB didn't even get taken off with 4 subs made.

And Leicester about to knock Bournemouth out. Now need Brighton to do a job on Wolves and another game on for BGW29 and less appeal on a FH.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Newcastle through to the FA Cup quarter-finals so Crystal Palace-Newcastle is a blank fixture in GW29.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Bournemouth out so if Brighton beat Wolves tomorrow night, Wolves vs Bournemouth would go ahead in GW29. That would be handy.

So, only 4 fixtures in GW29.

Burnley vs Brentford

Fulham vs Spurs

Luton vs Forest

West Ham vs Villa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭ForestFire

I guess it makes sense to play Free Hit if you've still got it?

But is there going to be any big scoring in those games anyway?

Updated WC to Free hit

Luton games tend to be wide open. A lot of free hit teams likely to be the same. Likes of Toney, Bowen, Morris, Watkins. Luiz, Son, Ricky and Brentford keeper. Along with few other lads

I think I'll end up with 7 or 8 max for it. I've already played the wildcard so I think I'll get more out of using the free hit for one of the DGWs.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Darksoul

Currently have 3 players for gw29 will be FH ,not sacrificing players to bringing some gw 29 players in with the squad I have already. Konsa is one of my players and if not back in time il be just bringing in someone else who plays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Gone from 5k OR to 246k OR in less than 2 months.

Sold Foden the week he got a hattrick

Sold Bowen the week he got a hattrick

I hate this game again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,621 ✭✭✭Cartman78

So sorry to hear this 😢

Out of curiosity, who are you planning to sell this week? 😉😜

• Registered Users Posts: 37,626 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm looking at 29 and I can have seven players for it and I'm wondering if I should just go with that. There's not many you can bring in that I could be confident would bring you any more than maybe 16 points between them. I think I can make more out of the free hit in a double gameweek.

I have everything, wildcard, bench boost, free hit and triple captain.

Could you have confidence that any of the 8 teams would keep a clean sheet. Is there any midfielders outside of Bowen, Douglas Luiz and Son that you'd fancy. Watkins and Toney up top and maybe Solanke that you'd want?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

KDB, might put a tenner on him hattrick just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Interesting comment there on a podcast that this year has been very good for analytical/data managers.

Also 2 years ago was deemed to be a success for analytical/data managers.

So maybe that is a reason some managers like me are now struggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

A lot of the advice types now come into my social media feed.

I’ve been amazed just how spot on so many have been with predictions and selection suggestions.

They have flagged so many hauls by random players since I’ve been viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Anyone else still have their 3x captain chip? I'm struggling to find a good week to use it, seeing as the other "good" GWs will be better served by the other chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭COH

Solanke in the DGW if he's fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

That was my thinking until the injury doubt, but I'm reading this morning he trained yesterday so will hopefully be okay.

• Advertisement

Could also gamble on morris for DGW

Advertisement