Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat 23/24

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,925 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It’s mad across the board how much people’s strongly held views around fairness tend to depend on who is in their FPL team

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Is there a Fpl team ran by AI? Curious to know how it’s doing

They’re gonna wait it out til the Premier League do. Think the idea that the dweebs of a similar ilk to us who run FPL, have a hotline to the top PL brass may be misguided

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭dasa29

I think another problem is the Overall Cup

This is how it stands with my cup game its 59(-8) Vs 44(-4 + 2 off the bench) at present.

Now I have Solanke (6) so if thing change I have Cunha (2) to come off my bench and the would leave my score 55(-8) with me still wining the cup game. But if things are tighter in other games where taking Bournemouth or Luton players out and adding a sub might change the result completely.

I just checked the lad I am against and he has Senesi + Tavernier + Neto with a total of 6 points plus he only has one scoring outfield sub on his bench who is already coming on for Haaland with Turner(2) his sub keeper.

• Advertisement

This will be sorted by the time the next GW starts. Not saying we will like the outcome, but there will be one.

I was looking for info on why Jose Sa missed the weekend, a shoulder injury apparently, separate to the injury which made him miss the couple of games before that. But a lot of the fans seems to think its an injury to make sure he gets to January and a big money transfer to the Saudi league.

They also reckon Wolves will buy a goalie in January

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭mobydopy

Update on the Bournemouth v Luton situation

• Registered Users Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Zero change for me points wise.... Lascelles first sub

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Given Solankes ownership reckon be green arrow for most

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Balls. That costs me big.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Newbie20

I lost 4 points by losing Solanke but actually gain 4 points on my Mini League rival as a result so happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭ForestFire

I'm losing 18pts here, and yes as it affects me I'm biased and I think this is a terrible decision.

Points awarded for 59 or 65 mins , goals scored, game plated until it stopped and multiple days after the deadline they remove points they already put in the board

It dose not affect anyone in any great way, if you don't have players from this game, so why punish the people that brought in players like Solanke, and then cancel points after there own deadline, with their exceptional circumstances clause.

They don't reverse cards rescinded, goals, assists, awarded to other players after deadlines pass etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,248 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I own Solanke and had 3 bench players with returns, but I will lose points.

You only lose 18 points if you don’t have any subs or VC.

My Vice captain is Mitoma (1pt) and my outfield subs, oh look.... it's Ogbene (LUT), Trippier (SUS) and Branthwaite (SUS).....So it 17pts lost??😫🤨😢

Solanke, is actually still in my starting 11😕

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Newbie20

I can’t see how they could have done anything else really. If the points were kept that would result in the bizarre situation where points were being handed out twice for the same game, the original game and the replay. There’s 380 games every season for which points are available, if they double counted it would be 381.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Exactly. The goals, assists, minutes etc won't count towards the season's official stats, so why should they count towards FPL stats?

Look I understand their logic, but

what about red cards rescinded, goals and assists that are relooked at and changed after the deadline...FLP do not update them after deadline has passed.

I'm sure Kane had a few claimed goals in the past removed?

What would happen in this hypothetical situation....and I know some of these are unlikely with 25man squads these days....

A game from last week, that was fully completed and past FLP deadline, is ordered to be voided and replayed due to ineligible player, or Klopp's not happy with VAR.

What if the game is not replayed but awarded to one team 3-0 (is that still a rule?), due to similar issues?

What happen if they played the remaining 30mins of the game in 3 weeks time? 1 game less for the season, or 30mins less for the season.

What would they have done if no decision taken until weekend and new GW started.

• Advertisement

Look😟, he was VC the week before when he had Burnley at home, I never updated VC this week, as I was so busy getting Solanke (Against Luton) in as Captain!!!

It's bad enough as it is without compounding my agony🙂

Be nice🤣...Please☺️

I think its normal that people's opinion will vary depending on how this news affects their FPL rank, but I would say that ultimately there was no justice or injustice in either outcome here. If they give everyone the points, then the people who don't own Solanke will feel hard done by, and if they void it, those who do are feeling hard done by, unless they've subs to cover the points.

What I think is the most obvious thing from it, is that abandoned games is definitely something FPL should have had in their rulebook. It shouldn't have been a 5 day conversation of 'what are they going to do here?'. We should have known what was coming, and the only thing to be left waiting on was to establish whether the game was going to be considered or completed. We can talk all day about how you don't expect a player to collapse on the pitch, but a) its happened numerous times before in football and b) its far from the only reason for a game to be abandoned, its probably not even the most likely reason for a game to be abandoned.

We know now at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭macraignil

I think it is easy to be critical of the FPL towers about not having a preset decision but from what I have seen quoted from the FA site the FA management committee while favouring a replay can decide to accept the result at the time the game was abandoned if it is to the benefit of the competition. The points could be well entitled to the FPL teams with Luton and Bournemouth players if the FA decided the result stood at the time the game was abandoned but if a replay is to go ahead then it would be unfair to award these players FPL points for two games instead of just one in my opinion. FPL needed to wait for the FA to decide on what to do with the game before applying the appropriate points as they have done. Means I am down 2 points for Senesi with no sub to come in but that seems fair to me.

The point is more that we didn’t know what was going to happen in the event of each of the various possible Premier League decisions.

People acted like they did, and those who speculated that the points would be cancelled out got their confirmation bias to be able to act like they knew all along, but the truth is that nobody really knew for sure, and that’s a problem for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭FantasyFool

I'd Solanke as captain myself- desperately disappointing as I was the only 1 in the top 10 of my main money league to have him captained and I'd Isak Vc. Don't really think they could have done much more once the game was abandoned.

Ah for the love of Jesus....I think Ill give up.

There's a game tonight!!!

With me sobbing away and complaining from last week, finishing up work, the school run(As I finished early) and doctor's visit...wasn't expecting another kick in the Nut$ this week....😟

If anyone is interested, my VC is still Mitoma !!

Captain is Solake...At least a bit rested, but if he does score big, it's not great for Forest!!!

except in the match day thread his captain is Watkins…

It only gets worse and worse....Im not even trying to fight it anymore 🙂

(And updated real team in match tread)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Am I the only one considering leaving Salah and Son on the bench til they get back from international games ?

Other players haven’t dropped significantly in price although I’m no price expert. I’m really basing that on how many sold Haaland yet he went down only 0.1m.

I’m having a horrific season but I’m really enjoying how hard it is. There seems to be so so many options. I’m not getting to watch any games and I think that’s killing my rank as that’s how I’ve always picked my players.

Advertisement